LOST! thread

southsider2k5

For those who are interested, here is a solid viewers guide.

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1538430...14|0_0_,00.html

I know there are some watchers out there besides me, and I am totally ready for it. The end of the season really left me wanting more. As a matter of a fact the wife and I have been renting the last season to get refreshed and ready.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting pumped for it as well.

Sounds like the 1st 5 minutes of the new episode will be pretty crazy.

For ubber Lost nerds like myself check out lostpedia.com. It gives just about every piece of info from the show...some things you've missed, some theories you haven't thought of, etc. Its a good site to kill an hour or so of your time. Be careful though, there can be spoilers.

i'm excited to be able to finally participate in lost threads.

i wasn't into the show until my gf bought me season one for my birthday in february. so i made it through that season, then bought season two and ripped through it in a few weeks. i just watched the finale last night, just in time for the season three premiere.

anyhow, in the meantime i've avoided every bit of extraneous lost info i could avoid, so as not to ruin any surprises. but i'm finally caught up. what a great friggin show.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
i wasn't into the show until my gf bought me season one for my birthday in february. so i made it through that season, then bought season two and ripped through it in a few weeks. i just watched the finale last night, just in time for the season three premiere.

I pretty much did the same thing you did; I didn't watch season 1 until last March, and finished that in one week; i was so addicted that i once watched 9 episodes in one day. But then i had to wait until last month for season 2 came out, but i took it at a slower pace to savor it a bit more. Can't wait for tommorrow!

And yes SS2K5, i read that review in the EW mag and it was a good review of each character.

QUOTE(smalls2598 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
I pretty much did the same thing you did; I didn't watch season 1 until last March, and finished that in one week; i was so addicted that i once watched 9 episodes in one day. But then i had to wait until last month for season 2 came out, but i took it at a slower pace to savor it a bit more. Can't wait for tommorrow!

And yes SS2K5, i read that review in the EW mag and it was a good review of each character.

Same for me! I had watched the series premier, but sort of forgot about it after that.

Last winter break, I borrowed the DVD's from one of friends. Hooked instantly.

The one thing I don't like is how they just sort of forget about different plot lines. When was the last time they brought up that weird ass black smoke thing? Or the noises? Now it's becoming more and more about socialogy and power struggles and such. Still a great show, I just don't get why they abandoned some things.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
Same for me! I had watched the series premier, but sort of forgot about it after that.

Last winter break, I borrowed the DVD's from one of friends. Hooked instantly.

The one thing I don't like is how they just sort of forget about different plot lines. When was the last time they brought up that weird ass black smoke thing? Or the noises? Now it's becoming more and more about socialogy and power struggles and such. Still a great show, I just don't get why they abandoned some things.

i'm guessing that they haven't abandoned any of those things. there's a lot at work here, and just when you think a plot line is going to disappear, something will resurface.

i'll be interested to see how michael and walt are handled. from my understanding they are not in season three at all. but, i also don't think they're gone. too much has been alluded to about walt to have him just disappear off the show.

Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!Ican'twait!

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
i'm guessing that they haven't abandoned any of those things. there's a lot at work here, and just when you think a plot line is going to disappear, something will resurface.

Oh I don't think they're gone for good.

They've just sort of, well, forgotten about them for about half a season now.

It just seems weird that these sorts of things (the more mystical things like visions and monsters) only seem to happen in spurts on the show, and then are quickly forgotten about. No one even mentions that crazy thing in the jungle that's killed or chased several people. After only a few weeks, I think I'd still be kinda freaked out about it.

here is a question for you fellow Lost fans.....anyone recall a reference to a character named Ben???

here's why i ask......

it's a party for the season premiere and around the 2:50 mark the announcers call out the actor's name saying "Michael Emerson as Henry Gale also known as Ben." Which the other announcer replies "They don't know that yet...a spoiler"

I'm not sure if it was planned or an honest mistake but i can't recall off hand any Ben's in the show or any ties. of course i haven't seen the last two seasons recently.

oh well just something for us all to think about.

QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
here is a question for you fellow Lost fans.....anyone recall a reference to a character named Ben???

here's why i ask......

it's a party for the season premiere and around the 2:50 mark the announcers call out the actor's name saying "Michael Emerson as Henry Gale also known as Ben." Which the other announcer replies "They don't know that yet...a spoiler"

I'm not sure if it was planned or an honest mistake but i can't recall off hand any Ben's in the show or any ties. of course i haven't seen the last two seasons recently.

oh well just something for us all to think about.

Well we know the name Henry Gale is a fake, so god only knows what his real name is. We also know that these guys write probaby the most effective mystery show in the history of television, so this could be just a little tidbit to get the hotstove revving again for LOST.

Hey fellas, I've only seen parts of "LOST". I checked it out mostly b/c I am a huge fan of this guy:

harold_perrineau_jr.jpg

That pic was taken from www.nudemalecelebrities.net, by the way.

Best Jack Black voice: That's how I roll. :D

Anyways, the point of me posting in this thread: I heard that they introduce new characters. Like, other dudes get "lost" and somehow end up on the same deserted island. Is this true? Because if it is, well, you know....

That's enough to hold me back from ever getting into this show. You can't introduce new characters with a plot like that, unless they are natives of that particular island or whatever.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)
Hey fellas, I've only seen parts of "LOST". I checked it out mostly b/c I am a huge fan of this guy:

harold_perrineau_jr.jpg

That pic was taken from www.nudemalecelebrities.net, by the way.

Best Jack Black voice: That's how I roll. :D

Anyways, the point of me posting in this thread: I heard that they introduce new characters. Like, other dudes get "lost" and somehow end up on the same deserted island. Is this true? Because if it is, well, you know....

That's enough to hold me back from ever getting into this show. You can't introduce new characters with a plot like that, unless they are natives of that particular island or whatever.

The way the story is set up, new characters are going to wreck into the island on a regular basis. Hopefully they will be judicious with it and not jump the shark, but so far they have done an excellent job at how and when people show up.