LOST! thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it didn't explain how he was seeing the future at all. He hit is head, "went back in time" and so he knew what was going to happen in the future. But he should only know up until the point he went back in time (hatch explosion), not anything after that.

And everything they told us about Desmond we basically already knew.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
OK, this is pretty badass.

Someone reversed the "brainwashing" scene from last week's Lost.

Starting at about 23 seconds in, the phrase "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" can be heard, repeatedly getting easier and easier to hear.

Here's a link to the reversed video. Let me say, once again, this is badass.

reversed brainwash scene from Lost

holy.f***ing.s***.

badass!!!!

i'm real worried one of the final twists will be that on the island time is slowed down, so when they get back to the real world it is far into the future or something silly. What worries me is "only fools are enslaved by time and space" and all the philosopher names in the show, walt being named walt - perhaps to walt whitman whose crossing ferry island (?) poem dealt a lot with talking to future generations and how time didn't exist due to the commonality that we all enjoy. That would really get my goat if walt comes back and he's like 50 and everyones like WHAAAA

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
i'm real worried one of the final twists will be that on the island time is slowed down, so when they get back to the real world it is far into the future or something silly. What worries me is "only fools are enslaved by time and space" and all the philosopher names in the show, walt being named walt - perhaps to walt whitman whose crossing ferry island (?) poem dealt a lot with talking to future generations and how time didn't exist due to the commonality that we all enjoy. That would really get my goat if walt comes back and he's like 50 and everyones like WHAAAA

I don't know if I'd worry about that so much. Every time they hint towards supernatural and/ or sci-fi stuff, they usually end up coming back to the reason being based in reality.

For example, look at the plane crash. For a while, it was set up to make us wonder what sort of "cosmic forces" came together to get them on the plane and make it crash. Eventually we find out its all just coincidence and it only crashed because Desmond didn't push the button which released an EMP.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 11:35 PM)
I don't know if I'd worry about that so much. Every time they hint towards supernatural and/ or sci-fi stuff, they usually end up coming back to the reason being based in reality.

For example, look at the plane crash. For a while, it was set up to make us wonder what sort of "cosmic forces" came together to get them on the plane and make it crash. Eventually we find out its all just coincidence and it only crashed because Desmond didn't push the button which released an EMP.

i hope so. I reallllly hope so.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
another new one tonight. supposedly some "questions" get answered.

why do i expect the answers to lead to 10 more questions.

the only questions will seem to be about jack's tattoo and maybe what happened to some of the people the others took from the tailies

Meh, wasn't a great episode, and Jack's side story was kind of pointless. All of that to tell us what his tatoo meant? We pretty much got the gist of that from the flashbacks with his dad.

I really want to know what exactly it means to be "marked" besides the obvious charring of flesh. Does Juliet get outcast now? Is she somekind of undesirable? Or does she just get the burn, and that is all?

Plus there was some interesting wordplay at the very end, while subtle, could end up screwing Jack and Juliet in the end. Remember Ben said that they could go "home" if they complied with his respective wishes, right? Well it was interesting that they made a point of mentioning that Ben calls the place that they are moving back to "home".

Also who exactly is the new chick, and if she doesn't reside on the Island, why is she still listening to what Ben saids?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 07:27 AM)
Also who exactly is the new chick, and if she doesn't reside on the Island, why is she still listening to what Ben saids?

Maybe I am looking for too many things in the background, but for some reason, I think the "sheriff" woman was one of the women Sawyer took advantage of and stole her money. I thought I had seen her on a previous episdode, but I might be thinking of something else.

As for Jack's flashback, when they said they were in Phuket, I thought he was going to be there just before the Tsunami hit. Again, I might be reading way to much into it.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:35 AM)
Maybe I am looking for too many things in the background, but for some reason, I think the "sheriff" woman was one of the women Sawyer took advantage of and stole her money. I thought I had seen her on a previous episdode, but I might be thinking of something else.

As for Jack's flashback, when they said they were in Phuket, I thought he was going to be there just before the Tsunami hit. Again, I might be reading way to much into it.

He couldn't have been there for the tsunami. Remember Ben had to show Jack a video of the Red Sox winning the World Series, which would have been October of 2004, because Jack was already stranded on the island. The tsunami occured Dec 26, 2004, which in the shows "time", might not actually have happened yet.

Interesting call on the "sheriff". I can't remember if I have seen here before, but weren't all of Sawyers marks pretty decent looking?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:42 AM)
He couldn't have been there for the tsunami. Remember Ben had to show Jack a video of the Red Sox winning the World Series, which would have been October of 2004, because Jack was already stranded on the island. The tsunami occured Dec 26, 2004, which in the shows "time", might not actually have happened yet.

Interesting call on the "sheriff". I can't remember if I have seen here before, but weren't all of Sawyers marks pretty decent looking?

Good call on the Tsunami timeline.

As for the other woman, I think she was in one of Sawyer's flashbacks, but I can't confirm.

How was this a bad episode? They reveled not only where the others lived to the survivers, but revealed that they have yards, and a whole community. Then it was reveled that some of the captives are still alive and there to watch. I thought this was one of the best episodes yet, they are starting to reveal things to us and the survivors.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
How was this a bad episode? They reveled not only where the others lived to the survivers, but revealed that they have yards, and a whole community. Then it was reveled that some of the captives are still alive and there to watch. I thought this was one of the best episodes yet, they are starting to reveal things to us and the survivors.

but after the season premiere we already KNEW they have backyards, their own little suburb in the jungle. That's nothing new. i think alot of people are upset because they have been listening all week to the promos saying they are going to answer three big questions and the only one they really answered was about Jack's tattoos and honestly.....that wasn't a really big question.

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)
but after the season premiere we already KNEW they have backyards, their own little suburb in the jungle. That's nothing new. i think alot of people are upset because they have been listening all week to the promos saying they are going to answer three big questions and the only one they really answered was about Jack's tattoos and honestly.....that wasn't a really big question.

Yeah it was disappointing based on the teasers, but I try not to pay too much attention to that, because I don't want it to color my viewing. Like I said, I could have done with out Jack's getting his groove back in Phuket, but other than that I enjoyed it.

The other thing I did like was the inevitable fracturing between Sawyer and Kate. They are both so self-absorbed and self-destructive, you know nothing between them can last.

QUOTE(juddling @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)

Yes, but THEY didnt know, and now they do. We also know that they dont live on the island and are only there for work. We also now know that the people they steal are not killed, which is a huge answer to some questions.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)

we already knew they had back yards and where they lived, that was revealed in the first episode of the third season when they had a book club.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
losts biggest secrets revealed!!!

oh, we didn't mean to you!! haha, sorry we meant to the survivors. We'll clarify that next week.

If you arent used to the commercials by now, dont watch tv.

They revealed that the survivors that were captured were not killed, but made to "watch."

They revealed that only work is done on the small island, and they usually dont even like coming there

they revealed that Ethan was their old surgeon

they revealed that there was someone other than Ben in charge of certain things

they revealed what Jack's tat means and where it came from

they revealed many of those people grew up there and didnt come from or have never seen the "real world."

i cant even think of what else. I thought it was an awesome episode with a great lead in to the next one