LOST! thread

southsider2k5

I was thinking that after Hugo somehow managed to get the van running, he and Charlie would look at each other with total amazement, causing him to not see an oncoming tree limb which breaks through the glass and kills Charlie. What a perfectly ironic twist that would've been, huh?

Anyway, I did not care for this episode at all. Hopefully last week wasn't where Lost jumped the shark.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough, Steven King is a huge fan of the show, and vice versa with the writers...

Anyways, it was a nice episode, but we really didn't get a whole lot out of it. The plot really didn't advance, there wasn't any new questions posed... The episode just kinda happened. I was glad to see some of the old characters show up, but other than that, meh.

Based on what I've come to expect this was flat out a horrible episode. It was meh on a tv show basis but for lost this was just bad. The show is losing a lot of its luster and this is coming from someone who hasn't had that feeling until recently.

They may have things spread too far out right now (so many key characters that its hard to develop them) but I'm just flat out not the biggest fan of them dedicating entire episodes to 1 or 2 characters at the most.

i liked the episode. it didn't really advance the plot much (although the rousseu stuff at the end was nice) but it was just nice to see the island folk again and start getting that aspect of the story re-started.

that and sawyer had some lol moments last night. his english lessons to jin were strong.

and hell, how can anyone not like an episode where THEY FIND BEER!

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 09:47 AM)
Lost is beginning to resemble so many of Stephen King's books. Great characters, great premise, and then somewhere along the way the story kind of fizzles and comes to an unfulfilling ending. I hope that doesn't happen here.

Good analogy, hopefully it doesn't end up like that. Any of King's really long novels usually have an awesome story and great character development for about 3/4's of the book, and then he just seems to get bored with it and tacks on a cheesy ending.

Lost is starting to get that feel.

Last night's episode wasn't bad, but they really need something great before they throw us some filler material like this. If this had come after a few very good episodes, I'd have liked it much more. The previews for next week look very promising.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 10:27 AM)
Based on what I've come to expect this was flat out a horrible episode. It was meh on a tv show basis but for lost this was just bad. The show is losing a lot of its luster and this is coming from someone who hasn't had that feeling until recently.

They may have things spread too far out right now (so many key characters that its hard to develop them) but I'm just flat out not the biggest fan of them dedicating entire episodes to 1 or 2 characters at the most.

Well, the first two season was close to 50 episodes. That's a TON of epsides. To think they could keep up a pace of close to 25 episodes with an angry dog pace is expecting a lot. I've yet to see any episodes from season 3, so I'll reserve judgement until then. But eventually I'd expected them to cool it with all the "cliffhangers". In Season 2, I was actually turned off by some of it. From the point I'm at, they've lost their guns, they've lost 3 of their most important people...there's not a lot the people at the beach can do.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 09:47 AM)
Lost is beginning to resemble so many of Stephen King's books. Great characters, great premise, and then somewhere along the way the story kind of fizzles and comes to an unfulfilling ending. I hope that doesn't happen here.

I agree, but I will always remember that King gave us The Dark Tower series. There is always a chance to save LOST. :D

I dont worry that the story is going to suck at the end, I really think it is going to be something really cool. I just worry that ABC is going to get impatient and axe it before it finally starts to come together, and THEN the story will be rushed and suck. There are some series out there where you can tell all of the sudden the execs stepped in and said "You have X amount of epidodes then it is done", hopefully that doesnt happen here

I thought the meteorite hitting Hugos Chicken joint was hilarious, and Cheech played a nice sleazy Dad role.

Alright, I'm finally caught up. I'm not sure why people are so pissed off. This is a long running series. Over 50 episodes. And for 50 episodes, it was nothing but action, action and more action. When Sawyer and Kate got back, that was a climax. Obviously, there are more climaxes to come. But when a climax happens, things have to cool down. The energy has to be released. Through the first two seasons, hardly ANY tension was released. There were very few feel good moments, and everything was dark, death and fear. Nobody trusted anyone, Michael was a f***ing jackass regardless of his kid, and everyone worked only in their own interests. This episode was a big foreshadow moment. Hugo was presenting us, and the island hope. He presented us some smiles. He showed us that the people at that island aren't going anywhere, that it's their home and that they've accepted it. Finally. Without this episode, the island would've turned into a Civil War. Now we have some security. And more, we have the ever important character development. How about the side of Sawyer we saw? Jin learning English? And we know the numbers aren't cursed.

I thought it was a great episode. I feel like episode 10 and episode 8 of season 3 are the best the show has made.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 09:51 AM)
Oddly enough, Steven King is a huge fan of the show, and vice versa with the writers...

Anyways, it was a nice episode, but we really didn't get a whole lot out of it. The plot really didn't advance, there wasn't any new questions posed... The episode just kinda happened. I was glad to see some of the old characters show up, but other than that, meh.

Sometimes you need episodes like this. Stand alone, comedic relief...etc.

It's not all serious , myterious groups, and death looming.

I thought it was a strong episode. And Sawyer was on a Nickname roll!!!! :lolhitting

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 3, 2007 -> 01:42 AM)
I thought it was a great episode. I feel like episode 10 and episode 8 of season 3 are the best the show has made.

Good point, I had never thought about... You view the show differently when you think of it as a week to week thing, or if you view it as one continual thing.

Much better episode.

John Locke is such a little b****. That dude has gotten them into more trouble than any of the criminals or anyone else combined. He has never been able to leave well enough alone, and always thinks he knows better than everyone else. His stupid obsession with showing that he knows more than everyone else has cost them a couple of times.

The ping pong game was awesome. They totally sold you on the whole Asian/ping pong stereotype and then they threw Hugo in there who whipped Sawyers ass. Classic. The best part of that was Hugo saying they had a table "where I used to hang out a lot."

The stuff with Sayid meeting one of his torture victims was tough as well. He is so good at saying just enough to get by, and he totally played that perfectly to survive. It will be interesting to see what they do with the Russian guy, and the previews kinda gave it away.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 08:39 AM)
Much better episode.

John Locke is such a little b****. That dude has gotten them into more trouble than any of the criminals or anyone else combined. He has never been able to leave well enough alone, and always thinks he knows better than everyone else. His stupid obsession with showing that he knows more than everyone else has cost them a couple of times.

The ping pong game was awesome. They totally sold you on the whole Asian/ping pong stereotype and then they threw Hugo in there who whipped Sawyers ass. Classic. The best part of that was Hugo saying they had a table "where I used to hang out a lot."

The stuff with Sayid meeting one of his torture victims was tough as well. He is so good at saying just enough to get by, and he totally played that perfectly to survive. It will be interesting to see what they do with the Russian guy, and the previews kinda gave it away.

i totally forgot about the ping pong table at the mental institution until i thought about it more... and you are totally right about Locke, but usually for every stupid thing he goes out and does he can usually redeem himself so maybe that will be the case up coming

also, if you don't already have an idea about who is related then here is the spoiler alert (scroll over to read):

Jack and Claire both have the same father which is why Jack's dad was in Australia in Ana Lucia's flashback

Ridiculous episode. Those books in the basement of the shack would have been of serious help. The Chess game leading to a menu is really strange and it make you wonder why it was set up that way. Also why was this guy all the way out there, away from the actual village. Was it an outpost? Were they trying to get sat connections up? There are so many new questions.

I never bought that he was the last remaining person from the Dharma initiative. Also I still think there are two groups of others on the island.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
Ridiculous episode. Those books in the basement of the shack would have been of serious help. The Chess game leading to a menu is really strange and it make you wonder why it was set up that way. Also why was this guy all the way out there, away from the actual village. Was it an outpost? Were they trying to get sat connections up? There are so many new questions.

I never bought that he was the last remaining person from the Dharma initiative. Also I still think there are two groups of others on the island.

the others already have connections to the outside world, he was probably there to protect that place from other people stealing anything of help.

I thought it was great. Back to the old Lost filled with action and surprise and not boring love triangle crap. I thought Sayid's flashback was better in that it was a brief interruption of the action on the island and not the other way around.

I don't trust Roussaeu....I think she's one of them.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 07:39 AM)
the others already have connections to the outside world, he was probably there to protect that place from other people stealing anything of help.

Umm....maybe I'm being dumb, but didn't they say in the episode or at least Sayid mentioned it that they others probably lost satellite connections when the hatch exploded which makes you think maybe they were there (as this was originally the hub of communication to the outside island) to see if they could in fact restore it.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 08:37 AM)
I thought it was great. Back to the old Lost filled with action and surprise and not boring love triangle crap. I thought Sayid's flashback was better in that it was a brief interruption of the action on the island and not the other way around.

I don't trust Roussaeu....I think she's one of them.

Exactly...this was a top notch episode.