LOST! thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic episode. This is exactly what they needed.

Though the chess game thing was kinda dumb -- if the station was breached by "hostiles," they were supposed to play chess, win, and then enter a bunch of numbers to blow up the station? That doesn't exactly make sense.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 11:09 AM)
Fantastic episode. This is exactly what they needed.

Though the chess game thing was kinda dumb -- if the station was breached by "hostiles," they were supposed to play chess, win, and then enter a bunch of numbers to blow up the station? That doesn't exactly make sense.

exactly. Which is why its even stranger.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)

I wasn't quite sure what to make of the Chess game. Doesn't a good chess game take hours? Also, if Locke is that smart why does he appear to do some really dumb things. He was the one that demanded the buttons be pressed at the hatch and then he blew up both the hatch and the flame just out of curiosity is he that dumb or is he smart.

Great Episode none the less.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
I wasn't quite sure what to make of the Chess game. Doesn't a good chess game take hours? Also, if Locke is that smart why does he appear to do some really dumb things. He was the one that demanded the buttons be pressed at the hatch and then he blew up both the hatch and the flame just out of curiosity is he that dumb or is he smart.

Ironic that the "flame" turned into a huge flame.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)

At first I thought that what Locke did was dumb, and slightly unrealistic. Here's a guy who plays a seemingly harmless chess game and then ends up with this command prompt from the Dharma guy. Wouldn't he have called in Sayid and Kate to take a look? But if you think about, I think he did what most people would do. The first question was do you want to communicate with the main land. He tried, but it failed. Second question was do you want to access the sonar beacon. Again, didn't work. Then it asks if there's been a hostile incursion. He could have been thinking, well if this place is for Dharma and the hostiles are taking over, they probably set up a system whereby they could be notified and can send necessary help.

I think the whole episode continues to show the differences in the characters. We've learned previously that Jack is the go for the gusto, shoot from the hip, be brave and courageous type. Locke is the complete opposite; follow your beliefs and intuition, let something else guide your path. And then the whole '77' episode contines to differentiate those two from Sayid; the analytical, deep thinking person that acts only when he has gathered all necessary information.

Locke's actions in the flame are exactly what someone like Locke would do: he's going on faith that everything around him is real (supported by his past disbelief in the numbers and his revelation that his initial belief was correct) and that he should act accordingly.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
One quick note: apparently Locke DID NOT check-mate the computer if you look at the screen shot.

Didnt the russian tell him that the computer cheats and is never right?

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 8, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
I don't trust Roussaeu....I think she's one of them.

It's plausable. She stole Claire's baby, she had all sorts of odd materials that aren't likely to have lying around...where would she get batteries and sniper rifles? But I think something happened in her history at the Others camp that made her leave. Though, she questioned Sayid heavily and thought he was a member of the Others. If she was ever at their camp, she'd probably know Sayid isn't them, let alone that he didn't have Alex?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)

I think it's obvious the "Hostiles" aren't the Others. But the Hostiles are everyone else on the island that just happens to get there somehow. But that's just what I think.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)
wow, what they could do with jack now.

I tend to think jack will be an "other" and then in the future will remember who he is and turn against them and go back to the camp.

My guess is he's biding his time and looking for a way to get out.

Another solid episode.

That was another good episode. It will be interesting as Desmond's secret gets less and less secret, how that gets handled. You know people aren't going to be able to keep something that good to themselves.

Locke has his weekly run of "I did it my way"'s, which ended up killing the Russian, not to mention really putting an odd distrust in the air. Where did he find the C-4 exactly if he never went into the basement, and why didn't he tell anyone else? There is something we don't know going on there, and its getting to the point where I don't really trust him. He totally avoided Kate when she asked about him about saving Jack.

The scene are the barrier was pretty cool. Part of me was wondering if the death scene was a fake job, except that was pretty convincing with the blood out of the ears and such. They haven't done the whole fake death thing yet, but it still wouldn't surprise me.

The revelation about Clair and Jack being sibs took long enough to happen. I caught that when they tipped it earlier a season or two ago, but it was nice to have in the open. I wonder how long until they figure it out?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
The revelation about Clair and Jack being sibs took long enough to happen. I caught that when they tipped it earlier a season or two ago, but it was nice to have in the open. I wonder how long until they figure it out?

i'm guessing that connection is going to have to come from the others at some point or other.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 06:38 AM)
i'm guessing that connection is going to have to come from the others at some point or other.

Claire never even knew her father's name, so I'd be a bit of a stretch for them to just figure it out without the others telling them.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 06:29 AM)
Locke has his weekly run of "I did it my way"'s, which ended up killing the Russian, not to mention really putting an odd distrust in the air. Where did he find the C-4 exactly if he never went into the basement, and why didn't he tell anyone else? There is something we don't know going on there, and its getting to the point where I don't really trust him. He totally avoided Kate when she asked about him about saving Jack.

I believe in the preview for next week that there was a very angry Locke holding a gun and shouting "I'm not here for Jack!"

Not quite sure what people that are tuning out expect from free tv.

Sure it is no American Idol or Dancing with the Stars.

The Locke thing is odd. He and Jack appear to the only people that are really suppossed to be there. I like how Kate keeps trying to be important.

Could Jack have spent time in the Carl chair?

Gotta tell you, it keeps me interested as much now as ever.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
Not quite sure what people that are tuning out expect from free tv.

Sure it is no American Idol or Dancing with the Stars.

The Locke thing is odd. He and Jack appear to the only people that are really suppossed to be there. I like how Kate keeps trying to be important.

Could Jack have spent time in the Carl chair?

Gotta tell you, it keeps me interested as much now as ever.

Whats that even apposed to mean? Besides HBO, all the best shows on TV are on the "free tv"

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)
One crazy idea I wanted to throw out there... How long until Desmond ends up killing Charlie because he is sick of saving his life?

My best guess is he doesn't. In effect, he forces the universe to find another way to balance itself. Perhaps somebody else dies? Claire? Maybe Sun's baby? Maybe even Claire's baby Aaron? I can't find any logic why Claire would get the boot. But the two babies, the way I figure it is, the universe kicks one person off (Charlie) to make room for another. If Charlie doesn't die like he's supposed to, the universe will be forced to kick somebody off who is still fresh, young or not even born (Sun's kid). Since Aaron is already born, he may have a pre-determined path that the universe has given him already. Since Sun's kid isn't born yet, my guess is that's who goes in Charlie's place.

Edited by BobDylan