LOST! thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
typical "Lost" bulls***...

I'm torn on this issue. On the one hand I'd like to get more answers, but on the other hand if we start getting answers I'll lose interest in the show. There's a fine line there between giving away too much and creating more questions to keep you interested.

Personally, the thing I hate most about the show is that they a) killed Mr. Eko and B) the kate/sawyer/jack story is lame. I don't mind their individual characters, but throwing them into a love triangle was lame. throwing kate/sawyer together was lame. All three of those characters are getting too much tv time. I want to know about desmond and locke before we continue the kate/sawyer/jack fiasco.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
I'm torn on this issue. On the one hand I'd like to get more answers, but on the other hand if we start getting answers I'll lose interest in the show. There's a fine line there between giving away too much and creating more questions to keep you interested.

With the set-up the writers gave themselves...they can easily answer some questions and still have some leftover for next season. Personally, i think if the writers keep leaving so many questions unanswered there will be NO way for them to wrap up the show neatly when it ends. Interview after interview the producers say there is a common answer to all the questions....if you keep adding questions then the chances of that answer working for all goes down and down.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 7, 2007 -> 09:54 AM)

Personally, the thing I hate most about the show is that they a) killed Mr. Eko and B) the kate/sawyer/jack story is lame. I don't mind their individual characters, but throwing them into a love triangle was lame. throwing kate/sawyer together was lame. All three of those characters are getting too much tv time. I want to know about desmond and locke before we continue the kate/sawyer/jack fiasco.

Tonight's episode is all about Juliet and how she became an "Other" and how the "Others" deal with life off of the island. It sounds cool.

Next week's is all Desmond and will be a different episode than there has ever been.

I'm officially "Lost"'d out. The show is just trying to add too much storyline to too many characters. I don't give a s*** about Juliet's past (and the story is rather dumb.)

Don't know if I'll make the final 15 episodes...

Season 1: Great

Season 2: Meh

Season 3a: booorring

Season 3b: not off to a good start

um, i thought it was a great episode. You don't care about juliets past? Really? I'd like to know how these others came to be there, more than that, you now know that they are also captive! And kate and sawyer got off the island, russo's daughter has a father that's here? Or is that just what they told her? Jack might be forced to be the next juliet. Soon looks like there'll be a siege. Great episode.

I enjoyed the episode. Of course as usual it opened more questions while simultaniously answering others. The interesting thing was finding out that Alex was Ben's kid. That begs the question, is Ben the leader who is impregnating lots of women, for whatever reason, or was it a consentual thing? Also it will be interesting to see what happens now with Juliet (will she get off the Island?) Could Jack be her replacement as the new Doctor? Will Ben survive the surgery/tumor? Will the "others" go back after Kate/Sawyer and Carl?

Damn, I still love this show.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
I enjoyed the episode. Of course as usual it opened more questions while simultaniously answering others. The interesting thing was finding out that Alex was Ben's kid. That begs the question, is Ben the leader who is impregnating lots of women, for whatever reason, or was it a consentual thing? Also it will be interesting to see what happens now with Juliet (will she get off the Island?) Could Jack be her replacement as the new Doctor? Will Ben survive the surgery/tumor? Will the "others" go back after Kate/Sawyer and Carl?

Damn, I still love this show.

i personally think that ben is not actually her father, she is just told that since she was taken away at birth.

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 10:33 AM)
i personally think that ben is not actually her father, she is just told that since she was taken away at birth.

Agreed. Alex is Roussaeu's kid (who is coming back soon btw in a couple episodes) and I'm betting Ben (or even Jacob) has adopted her.

I thought last nights episode was everything I love and hate about Lost. I loved being on the edge of my seat and being surprised/wow'd (that guy being hit by the bus was awesome...thought he'd be killed, but didn't expect it in that way and at that time). But I hate the long ass commercials and I'm growing tired of the Jack/Kate/Sawyer story. At least next week we'll see the more interesting characters. All and all a great episode that didn't let me down.

I'm guessing the medication Juliette made has a little something to do with the kid.

Last night was yet another fantastic episode, but than again I haven't gotten tired of the show at all and it looks like it is going to be a doozie of a 2nd half of season 3.

2 more seasons left after this and than we'll know a whole lot. By far still the best show on TV in this genre (Jericho is 2nd) and than of course you have the action action based 24.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)
Agreed. Alex is Roussaeu's kid (who is coming back soon btw in a couple episodes) and I'm betting Ben (or even Jacob) has adopted her.

I thought last nights episode was everything I love and hate about Lost. I loved being on the edge of my seat and being surprised/wow'd (that guy being hit by the bus was awesome...thought he'd be killed, but didn't expect it in that way and at that time). But I hate the long ass commercials and I'm growing tired of the Jack/Kate/Sawyer story. At least next week we'll see the more interesting characters. All and all a great episode that didn't let me down.

The whole "hit by a bus" thing was just awesome. It gave me chills when it happened.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2007 -> 05:25 PM)
The whole "hit by a bus" thing was just awesome. It gave me chills when it happened.

that was a crazy moment. i about jumped off the couch.

i liked the episode in general and was really interested by juliet's back story. i have to say, too, that i'm ready for them to get back to the beach and start developing some of those storylines.

I'm still surprised they would let the one other leave for the other island. Wouldn't he know the other's secrets and be able to give all of the people on the island a good idea of who the others are?

I mean Juliette didn't have to let him go and he sure as heck wasn't part of the deal Jack brokered. Just seems a little odd considering how protective the others are of there background (as to what exactly they are doing on the island).

OK, this is pretty badass.

Someone reversed the "brainwashing" scene from last week's Lost.

Starting at about 23 seconds in, the phrase "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" can be heard, repeatedly getting easier and easier to hear.

Here's a link to the reversed video. Let me say, once again, this is badass.

reversed brainwash scene from Lost

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 09:36 AM)
OK, this is pretty badass.

Someone reversed the "brainwashing" scene from last week's Lost.

Starting at about 23 seconds in, the phrase "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" can be heard, repeatedly getting easier and easier to hear.

Here's a link to the reversed video. Let me say, once again, this is badass.

reversed brainwash scene from Lost

Wow. We rewatched the episode for specifically that scene. That is wild.

Another great episode with some backround knowledge of Desmond finally coming into view. The Deja Vu thing was creepy, especially with the re-living of his life. When the ring chick started telling him what he was supposed to do, I about jumped out of my chair.

If I were Charlie, I would be s***ting myself right about now.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 07:56 AM)
Another great episode with some backround knowledge of Desmond finally coming into view. The Deja Vu thing was creepy, especially with the re-living of his life. When the ring chick started telling him what he was supposed to do, I about jumped out of my chair.

If I were Charlie, I would be s***ting myself right about now.

Yeah, man, that was a great twist at the end that Charlie was the one he's been trying to save. That was an excellent episode.

Holy crap, I immediately thought Claire was the one that was going to die, then he broke it to us that it was Charlie. What an awesome episode, Des reliving his past and having deja vu was crazy, the woman in the jewelry store kinda freaked me out.

What the hell is going to happen next

What the hell is going to happen next

That my friend, is why I love this show. No one has a clue what will happen next and it's been that way for 2.5 seasons.

When Desmond said Charlie was the one he was saving I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor. I did not see that coming at all.

And I still have no way to explain his flashbacks. At first I thought maybe he was just unconscious and reliving the events that lead him to the island. But that doesn't explain his ability to see things AFTER the hatch explosion (saving Charlie).

funny though, i had no idea it would be charlie either, but the whole episode i was saying "i hope they kill of charlie" because he was being an especially annoying (slang word) in the beginning. CLAIRE CHARLIE'S HERE TO HELP YOU!!! and the still talking smack when dez was going full speed at him, haha. I hope he dies, useless character, i liked him better on smack.

I thought this episode was terrible. We didn't really learn anything other than Charlie might die. The episode flashed back to itself, for Christ's sake. It didn't advance the plot of the show any further and didn't explain at all why he's now able to see the future.

This may have been the worst episode of Lost ever, IMO. The third season just has a different feeling than the rest of the series, and I'm not too sure I like it. It's become a drama set on an island instead of a drama/ action about people lost on an island.

Edited by StrangeSox