LOST! thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:33 PM)
If you arent used to the commercials by now, dont watch tv.

They revealed that the survivors that were captured were not killed, but made to "watch."

They revealed that only work is done on the small island, and they usually dont even like coming there

they revealed that Ethan was their old surgeon

they revealed that there was someone other than Ben in charge of certain things

they revealed what Jack's tat means and where it came from

they revealed many of those people grew up there and didnt come from or have never seen the "real world."

i cant even think of what else. I thought it was an awesome episode with a great lead in to the next one

what do you mean by made to watch? they were there to watch the court. Again, we knew they didn't live on the small island from the first episode. Revealing things about ethan at this point is just thrown out there for no reason, he's a character from 2 seasons ago and adds nothing important to the story line anymore. And honestly who cares about jack's tattoos or the terrible acting of the asian woman?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 09:54 AM)
How was this a bad episode? They reveled not only where the others lived to the survivers, but revealed that they have yards, and a whole community. Then it was reveled that some of the captives are still alive and there to watch. I thought this was one of the best episodes yet, they are starting to reveal things to us and the survivors.

Last night's episode is currently the second-lowest rated episode of the entire series at TV.com.

I thought this episode was a little better than last week, but not much. And I thought last week's was the worst ever.

The pace of this show has stalled big time. They're not telling us much of anything, the characters aren't going anywhere, and, in general, nothing is really going on. This used to be an adventure/ mystery/action/drama show, now its just become a lame drama.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
If you arent used to the commercials by now, dont watch tv.

They revealed that the survivors that were captured were not killed, but made to "watch."

They revealed that only work is done on the small island, and they usually dont even like coming there

they revealed that Ethan was their old surgeon

they revealed that there was someone other than Ben in charge of certain things

they revealed what Jack's tat means and where it came from

they revealed many of those people grew up there and didnt come from or have never seen the "real world."

i cant even think of what else. I thought it was an awesome episode with a great lead in to the next one

We pretty much knew that they didn't kill people they took

We knew they didn't live on that island

Ethan is irrelevant

The woman was revealed but nothing about her or what she does.

We knew where his tatoos came from.

We knew that some of them had lived their entire lives on the island.

Why didn't Jack ask the stewardess, or Juliet, or anyone else about 1000 questions? What are they doing here? Why? Why did they take Jack? How do they know about him? etc. Instead, he just flips out and yells at people so that they can stall on giving an explanation for anything.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 01:40 PM)
I hope you know what you are getting yourself into.

Haha. I'm somewhat addicted already. Have watched 14 episodes in 2 days, but I wish the plot would move more linear than explore different characers each episode. But with so many characters, I guess they don't really have a choice. I want to know what's inside that door Boone and Locke found. Nobody laugh that I'm so far behind, and nobody tell me. :D

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
LOL.

The writers of the show said that they'll let it go 4 seasons, 5 at the very most. I wonder if they really do have it all planned out like they say or if they're sort of just making it up as they go -- that would leave a very unfulfilling ending.

You must not write fiction.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
Haha. I'm somewhat addicted already. Have watched 14 episodes in 2 days, but I wish the plot would move more linear than explore different characers each episode. But with so many characters, I guess they don't really have a choice. I want to know what's inside that door Boone and Locke found. Nobody laugh that I'm so far behind, and nobody tell me. :D

You are in deep trouble my friend. I liken it to Band Of Brothers where you just watch for 14 hours and realize its dark outside.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
You are in deep trouble my friend. I liken it to Band Of Brothers where you just watch for 14 hours and realize its dark outside.

I started Thursday night. It's Sunday night and I'm on Episode 5 of season 2.

I have to say, though, I'm disappointed with what was in the hatch. I side with Jack and think those numbers are just a pile of crap.

The pace of this show has stalled big time.

i blame a lot of that on the break. that was just a bad idea, imo. part of this show is predicated on momentum and taking that huge break sapped whatever momentum had been built. i hope next year they take a more similar approach to what they do with 24. taking that break just sucks.

also, one poster noted the diminishing ratings the past two weeks. certainly the break influenced that, but i also think the later time slot is playing a role. television viewership declines at the top of each hour, so it makes sense that pushing lost back an hour would cost it viewers. to me the more important numbers are how it is doing against the competition in that time slot, and in that vein lost is still doing quite well.

there were 2 really bad episodes in season 2 but i thought it was a lot better than people gave credit for in some of my friend circles. I was encouraged by the first 2 episodes after break but pissed off after the third. Am ready for sayid to just kick ass. Why can't sayid just kick ass every episode!??!!?

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 06:40 AM)
there were 2 really bad episodes in season 2 but i thought it was a lot better than people gave credit for in some of my friend circles. I was encouraged by the first 2 episodes after break but pissed off after the third. Am ready for sayid to just kick ass. Why can't sayid just kick ass every episode!??!!?

no doubt. sayid is my favorite character and it's been months since he's even been a part of a story line.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 01:11 PM)
Lost has been bleeding viewers since it came back after the hiatus.

People don't want to follow a story that they feel the writers have no idea where it is going.

I just don't get this at all. How could they not know where it's going? How can they be so complex/intricate with their writing that EVERYTHING seems to have a double meaning, yet they have no vision of where the show is going.

I think some things came up along the way that forced them to change the storyline a little. Actors doing dumb things off set (ana lucia), actors being unhappy (mr. eko) etc. They also aren't sure how long they have to tell the story, so they had to throw in some filler episodes to take up time. But all that said the major plot line is still progressing, albeit slower than normal.

That is a falsehood. The writers have plans for this show for seven seasons worth of episodes according to what I have read. This show is way too complex to just throw together week to week, or even season to season. The frame of these episodes has been figured out for years in advance.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
That is a falsehood. The writers have plans for this show for seven seasons worth of episodes according to what I have read. This show is way too complex to just throw together week to week, or even season to season. The frame of these episodes has been figured out for years in advance.

very true. i remember on the season 1 dvd's abrams said that very early on he and lindelof sat down and wrote out the entire story arc. at the time he said they put together a rough draft for i think seven seasons, but that could be expanded or retracted based on how they decided to get to the end.

now, i will agree that the story has been slow moving. but that's just a function of this type of show. there are so many disparate story lines that it kind of has to be that way. i'd rather they take their time and tell a good story than cheapen everything by rushing to satisy people who need answers.

edit: just found a good story about lost promos here

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 02:00 PM)

They have said the show will go 4 or, at the absolute, very most, 5 seasons. They don't want it to end up like the X-Files.

And they keep claiming that they have these grand ideas, but it isn't adding up right now. I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I wouldn't be shocked if the ending winds up seeming patched together.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
I missed the last 5 minutes tonight. Can some one send me a message telling me what happened?

Spoiler: (details in white font)

They push-start the car and get it running. Everyone seems "uplifted by it." Jin gives Sun a flower. Flash to Kate in the jungle, Locke and Sayid find her. They're following a compass heading based on the way light reflected off of Eko's "jesus stick" when he was being buried. Kate came looking for Roussou and convinces her to help them find the Other's settlement.

Overall, it was an ok episode, but definitely a "filler." Entertaining, but it didn't really advance the story much.

I won't even start on how it would be nearly (if not entirely) impossible for that van to actually start up.

Edited by StrangeSox