A-Rod, what's the asking price

BobDylan

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
Yes. As for what it would take to get him, I have no clue.

NY is only payiong 9 million of ARods salary. If a trade happened and part of the deal was NY paying 4 mil of that, we could have Alex Rodruigez for about 5 or 6 mil a year. :D

ARod would mash at the Cell...

Hypothetical lineup (dream a little dream.)

Coco Crisp

Gooch

Dye

Thome

PK

Arod

AJ

Crede

Anderson/Sweeney

Contreras

Buerhle

Garland

McCarthy

Vasquez

Garcia/Fields/and midlevel pitching spec for ARod

We just take Crisp when the Red Sox aren't looking.

Maybe we could live with Pierre with the rest of the lineup as so...

Edited by SEALgep

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
10/7/06.....the day this site became ARodtalk.com

He's a player that warrants that kind of talk. I'm sorry but I'm just drooling over the possibility of Arod on this team and imo it's not a pipe dream at all.

I know I'm not the biggest sox know it all, but why crede? I know the Yanks would love him, but seems like the sox or angels would holding the cards in this one. my guess would be high level prospects to retool the yanks system and vasquez.

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
Scott Boras

/thread

Does that really matter though? Boras is already paid for this client for quite some time, it isnt as if he will be asking for a raise anytime soon(ha, a raise from 25 million a year). I dont know if Boras prevents clients from being traded to the White Sox, he just prevents them from signing or re-signing with the White Sox.

And this isnt me saying I want A-rod, because I have honestly become disillusioned with A-rod in the past 2 years. Especially in the playoffs

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:21 AM)
He's a player that warrants that kind of talk. I'm sorry but I'm just drooling over the possibility of Arod on this team and imo it's not a pipe dream at all.

Of course...if you look around, I started, or at least I think I did, the talk about ARod a few days ago. He'd be a great fit for this team, to be honest.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
I know I'm not the biggest sox know it all, but why crede? I know the Yanks would love him, but seems like the sox or angels would holding the cards in this one. my guess would be high level prospects to retool the yanks system and vasquez.

Yep, I'm sure the Yankees would love to have Vazquez back. Maybe we could sign David Wells then to take his place.

I'd offer them Crede and Garcia to start the negotiations.

If you acquire A-Rod, get him to play 3B for 2007, and then SS for the years ahead, when Uribe's contract is done and Fields is definitely ready to play 3B. I'd get him more seasoning down at AAA.

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
Garcia, Fields, Crede and Broadway for ARod, Matsui and 20mil would be great.

Yanks don't need Matsui, they have Sheffield and Abreu.

I doubt Sheffield will be back next season, think his contract is up, not sure if they have an option on him or not though.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)

Why would the Yankees want Vazquez back? He sucked there. He sucked in Arizona and he sucked here. The Yankees have had a big problem bringing in high priced pitchers that suck ... and then some that don't even play.

The Yankee fans are ready to ride A-Rod out of town on a rail. But I can't believe Yankee management is going to be willing to part with him.

In 2006, he had an off season, and still had a .914 OPS. The year before, he was third in baseball in OPS.

If I were the Sox, I'd make an offer -- Garcia, Fields, Broadway sounds about right (I don't suppose they would have any use for Uribe, would they?) -- but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Yankees would probably want Buehrle, and as bad as he was this year for us, there's no way I would ship him off to NY.

So, fantasize all you want. It's the offseason for us (and the Yankees). But don't expect A-Rod to get moved anytime soon.