The Official [SCRUBS] Thread

juddling

Cole needs to get out like right now. Yes the show needs an antagonist but this actor sucks and just makes horrible character choices. So frigging annoying.

Lucy is weird cause they're trying to shoehorn her into "Girl JD" and I don't know of that's gonna work for me.

Drew is probably the favorite of the newbies. A perfect match for Denise, who's tough exterior kinda dude-chick thing was gonna get old real fast if she does it for another season.

Overall it was better than I expected. Give it some time post JD to see how it finds it's footing.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
Yeah, Drew has some potential. I love Denise so it's big that she's getting a bigger role. It would be nice if they brought back Jordan for some episodes. She's a good character and it looks like they will need the help in the short run.

I didn't care for the first episode, but the 2nd one was pretty solid.

Agreed on Denise. I actually like the first episode and didn't care for the 2nd one that much. Going to be hard having Scrubs with out the Janitor.

So after watching tonight's episode, I still really don't like Cole at all as a character and I'm still not really liking Lucy. Drew is starting to grow on me though. I like what they are doing with Denise's character as well. But I'm still concerned the show won't be very good once JD isn't there to carry it.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)
I understand you need an antagonist in shows to make them interesting, but do they have to be as annoying as Cole? He just doesn't do anything except suck.

The security guards could be funny though, in a janitor sort of way (though they will never be the janitor)

Eventually he has to acquire some redeeming quality. Even as big of jerks as Cox and Kelso are, they have things about them to like.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
Eventually he has to acquire some redeeming quality. Even as big of jerks as Cox and Kelso are, they have things about them to like.

Even then I don't think he will be a remotely likable character. He isn't remotely funny which is the biggest problem with the character since he is clearly just supposed to be there for comic relief.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 08:17 PM)

The redeeming quality might be getting rid of him. I hope he makes like Ed and is kicked out, because he's awful.

Lucy is still annoying, but I'm starting to adapt to her.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
Even then I don't think he will be a remotely likable character. He isn't remotely funny which is the biggest problem with the character since he is clearly just supposed to be there for comic relief.

I totally agree with that. You can like The Todd, because he is totally funny. This guy is just your usual dopey spoiled frat-boy.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
The redeeming quality might be getting rid of him. I hope he makes like Ed and is kicked out, because he's awful.

Lucy is still annoying, but I'm starting to adapt to her.

Eh, it might not be soon enough to keep me watching. The show is horrible on its own merits, at least so far.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
I noticed the guy's name that plays Cole is Franco. Wonder if he is related to James Franco. They look similar.

That said, James Franco would rule in that role. Due it up like he did in Pineapple Express.

The guy playing Cole is James Franco's younger brother.

Problem with the Cole character is that the same character was on Scrubs a few years ago as one of Eliot's students. You know.....rich kid....daddy donated big money so he was entitled. it was only good once Kelso told Eliot that he had to suck up to the kids father not to the student and then she rode his butt hard.

I don't see Cole going away but i don't see him getting any better either.

...and i'm still wondering how and when (of if) they will work in Ted and Lloyd...lol

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
Problem with the Cole character is that the same character was on Scrubs a few years ago as one of Eliot's students. You know.....rich kid....daddy donated big money so he was entitled. it was only good once Kelso told Eliot that he had to suck up to the kids father not to the student and then she rode his butt hard.

I don't see Cole going away but i don't see him getting any better either.

...and i'm still wondering how and when (of if) they will work in Ted and Lloyd...lol

Ted is in the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
Looks like this season will be it for Scrubs. Can't say I'm surprised and I still maintain it shouldn't have ended with the perfect finale last season.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/12/18/repor...t=Google+Reader

I don't think anyone will disagree that it should of ended last year.

This past weeks episode was awful. I usually DVR it and re-watch during the week, but I just deleted this past weeks episode.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
Looks like this season will be it for Scrubs. Can't say I'm surprised and I still maintain it shouldn't have ended with the perfect finale last season.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/12/18/repor...t=Google+Reader

Damn.....i hate to see Scrubs go out like this but i guess it's for the best. I was really hoping for ABC to give Better off Ted a bit longer. I like that show. I guess i'm one of the few

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Well, i hate to say it, but since JD split, the last 3 episodes were pretty good and watchable. Cole still sucks but with more Drew and Denise it makes up for things.

I still can't stand Lucy. Drew and Denise are good though.

It's just gotten way more over the top and it seems the acting has gotten worse overall. It just doesn't feel like Scrubs.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Well, i hate to say it, but since JD split, the last 3 episodes were pretty good and watchable. Cole still sucks but with more Drew and Denise it makes up for things.

Yes. Not top tier stuff (though the first episode JD was gone, was great), but some very good lines and bits. I'm certainly not going to stop watching, but Lucy needs major improvement.