The Official [SCRUBS] Thread

juddling

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a fantasy episode?!?!?

Poor Ted the lawyer. On Scrubs, he is constantly miserable. When the show does a fantasy episode, things only get worse. This year's final season features an episode told as a bedtime story to Dr. Cox's child, featuring all the hospital's characters.

Sam Lloyd on the Legality of Scrubs

"Ted is going to be a hunchback," said actor Sam Lloyd. "I'm looking forward to that. I might have a fitting with my hump this week. I'm looking forward to that. It's going to be the whole episode. It's going to be a big fantasy show where everybody is going to be some kind of medieval fable character. A kind of clever conceit for it is Dr. Cox, as I've heard, is telling his son what a day at work is for him, and he tells it as a fable. Of course he's a knight in shining armor and I think Kelso is an evil wizard and I'm his hunchback henchman."

It wasn't enough to give him a constant flow of fop sweat. "I know, exactly. Now they're putting a hump and warts on my face. That's what I've understood. But I'm used to it. I'm the only guy on the show that looks worse coming out of makeup than he went in. What are you going to do?"

The final season promises to wrap up storylines like J.D. and Elliott's on and off relationship, but Scrubs always gives good attention to the supporting players too. Ted could finally find some closure.

"I'm hoping they do. I'm going to talk to Bill [Lawrence] about it more when I get a chance but I never know what exactly they're thinking of. I have fantasies about what could happen, my favorite one being that Ted finds The Secret and it actually works and changes his life. That's what I'm hoping for. I thought that would be ripe with possibilities."

Scrubs held on for many rough years ratings-wise. Reaching year seven was a gift to both the creators and the fans. However, season seven comes with a sacrifice. "The one different thing is we don't have our big community lunch anymore because we had to cut some budget stuff. That was too bad because that gave a chance for everybody to eat together which is kind of nice. We used to have a big catered lunch every day with a lunch truck, with a huge spread. Now we still do have a lunch that's supplied but it's more of what used to be our afternoon lunch, our late lunch where they'd put out some food buffet style. Now that's kind of our lunch although you can also go off site if you want to. So they had to make a few concessions this year I think because NBC might not have brought it back if we hadn't. I think we're all taking it in stride. I think it's that we were incredibly spoiled for the last six years."

Scrubs airs Thursday nights on NBC.

link, for legal reasons

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 23, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
I haven't seen once commercial on NBC promoting the return. Would of been better off moving to ABC.

There is a short promo on their nbc page, but that is it.

I did see a quick promo about Scrubs returning. One thing i do remember was JD delivering a baby...then you see a shot from the womans POV of JD and the nurses pulling away in mock horror, then you see Colin Hay say hello!!!!

Gotta love more Colin Hay!!!!!!!

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
Wow, alot certainly happened in that episode. But i think it was a pretty good start.

Beard-Face!

I thought the episode had its moments but was pretty weak (by Scrubs standards) for the most part. But I will say I am intrigued by where this season is heading.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 26, 2007 -> 02:36 AM)
I enjoyed the new episode, but I'm far from being a dedicated Scrubs watcher. It was much better than the crap they were putting out there in the later seasons from what I've seen though.

You know..crap is a relative term. Even Scrubs "crappy" shows are better than alot of shows out there.

QUOTE(juddling @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
You know..crap is a relative term. Even Scrubs "crappy" shows are better than alot of shows out there.

I don't agree in this case. I never liked Scrubs until this summer, when I saw some of the earlier episodes. I thought it was horrible, and maintain that opinion about the later seasons. The early seasons/episodes are enjoyable though, and gave me a reason to watch the show other than to bash Zach Braff. The later seasons episodes.. well.. I only really watched them to see Zach Braff get insulted.. I hate Zach Braff.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 11:04 PM)
I don't agree in this case. I never liked Scrubs until this summer, when I saw some of the earlier episodes. I thought it was horrible, and maintain that opinion about the later seasons. The early seasons/episodes are enjoyable though, and gave me a reason to watch the show other than to bash Zach Braff. The later seasons episodes.. well.. I only really watched them to see Zach Braff get insulted.. I hate Zach Braff.

Oh my god, how? Hes the best on the show, although McGinley, Flynn, and Faison are close