The Official [SCRUBS] Thread

juddling

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
Boo AMPTP.

"Many of you have asked about the fate of the final episodes of Scrubs. If the strike goes on too much longer there is a good chance they will never be written or shot and the series finale will remain in the mind of our show's creator, Bill Lawrence..."

ugh, what a shame.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Boo AMPTP.

"Many of you have asked about the fate of the final episodes of Scrubs. If the strike goes on too much longer there is a good chance they will never be written or shot and the series finale will remain in the mind of our show's creator, Bill Lawrence..."

wait, who wrote that? isn't there a writer's strike going on? :lol:

honestly, it sounds more like positioning than reality. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just that it makes a lot of sense to say something like this to make people made at the producers.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 11:28 AM)
I don't know how you got lucky with the Groundskeeper thing, but I can only change PA to Bank Farters, if that's what you want.

I see.

nevermind then.

Group thing was from like 2-3 years ago when I was better liked in these parts, I guess :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

So I was sorely depressed that Scrubs wasnt on last Thursday, as for some reason I thought that it was reairing then (thought I heard it somewhere). Needless to say Im really lost on when its coming back on, as I thought that they had some episodes already filmed that they would air. So whats up fellow addicts?

I'm not sure what the deal is. NBC did have on their Scrubs page for weeks (and even for a few days after the date) that it was returning with new episodes on January 24th (last Thursday). Obviously that didn't happen.

As far as I understand, they've only aired 6 episodes of what is (was?) supposed to be the final season consisting of 18 episodes. There's supposed to be five more episodes that they completed before the strike, so that takes us up to episode 11. Who knows when they'll be aired, but this wouldn't be the first time NBC f***s Scrubs over.

It's so unfortunate though. Everyone on the show went into this season finally knowing that this was the final year, and they were going to be able to end the story and everything on their own terms. And then what happens? The writers strike! Sad stuff.

With the Writer's Strike still on-going it puts what they call Pilot Season in peril.

If no new pilots get made, there's no new shows for the networks to premeire in the fall of '08. I rumor I read a while back was that if this happens the networks will just re-new all the shows on from this season.

So perhaps NBC would be nice and give Scrubs like a small order just to wrap it up. 8-13 eps. And if not NBC, maybe ABC since they'd get the backend cash anyways...We can always hope...

From creator Bill Lawrence on NBC's Scrubs forum:

There are still five unaired Scrubs episodes left. They haven't given an official airdate yet. If the strike ends they will be sooner as we willl try to finish out the season. If the strike drags on, they will air in April. I will finish the show one way or another after the strike. Worst case scenario is that we'll do a two-hour dvd finale/movie.

I can stomach that. :headbang

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 08:37 AM)
From creator Bill Lawrence on NBC's Scrubs forum:

I can stomach that. :headbang

I can handle that.

I just rewatched the last episode that aired last night, it's a shame they had to stop, they were on a roll. That one was epic.

PS: I think this might be my favorite scene in the entire show

"Drink 'em myself"