Sox & Angels Talking; Crede/Garcia for Santana/Figgins

Steve9347

The angels are pretty desperate for a 3b. I'm not surprised one bit that they are talking about aqcuirering Crede. However, Figgins better not be our 3b. If anything he'll replace Pods out in LF. IMO if this trade happens, either Santana or McCarthy would be shipped to Tampa as a part of a Crawford deal. Than i guess Fields is our new 3b, Figgins goes to LF and Crawford CF? Sorry BA lovers out there. I know Flordia is really interested in BA. Maybe we can aqcuire a couple of talented pitching prospects for him?!? I guess i'll just stay tuned...

many of you guys are ripping Figgins. Let me remind you that he is one of the biggest Sox killers out there.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
That's crazy.

I'd take Saunders for Garcia straight up, and Santana is definitely more valuable than Garcia right now.

Crede is better than Figgins, but there's no way you're getting 2 very good young pitchers (who you would control for 4-6 seasons) and a potential versatile stud leadoff hitter (if he rebounds), for a veteran SP with 1 year left on his deal, and a 3B with an iffy back.

Do you honestly think that Crede and Garcia for Figgins and Santana is a fair deal? I don't. Give me those two and one of Wood/Saunders/Aybar/Kendrick and it is a bit lopsided in our favor, However if we are trading Crede and Garcia to the same team we need to make that team overpay. Pitching is priced high on the market right now, and Kenny has what everyone wants. Vincente Padilla is asking for $10 million/year right now. That is what Garcia is making and Garcia>>>Padilla. Also we are trading one of the best defensive 3B in baseball, and I think he can hit too. If Kenny makes that deal without one of the additional prospects then the Angels got a steal. By all means we should get another prospect with Saunders in addition to Santana and Figgins.

Edited by southsida86

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
The angels are pretty desperate for a 3b. I'm not surprised one bit that they are talking about aqcuirering Crede. However, Figgins better not be our 3b. If anything he'll replace Pods out in LF. IMO if this trade happens, either Santana or McCarthy would be shipped to Tampa as a part of a Crawford deal. Than i guess Fields is our new 3b, Figgins goes to LF and Crawford CF? Sorry BA lovers out there. I know Flordia is really interested in BA. Maybe we can aqcuire a couple of talented pitching prospects for him?!? I guess i'll just stay tuned...

Or we could acquire Figgens/Santana, then seperate from this deal trade an additional starter for a collection of prospects. Hopefully, one atleast considered Top 10 value.

Then, with Anderson/Prospect#1 from trade/Fields/Broadway attempt to acquire Cabrera. Last March On mlbtraderumors there was information posted from a reputable Angels blog that Florida requested Figgens and a collection of Anaheim's top propsects for Miguel. He definetly will be on the market if enough is offered. It really all depends on the quality of the prospect obtained from a starter. If it's Pelfrey or Hurley, perhaps the package would work. If not, we still would have said pitching prospects available for our own club.

I have to believe if such a rumor of Garcia/Crede for Figgens/Santana were true (with additional players possibly added), Williams has an additional trade set up involving a starter.

Does anyone believe he honestly trusts a lineup consisting of Fields and Anderson? I'd be willing to allow it if our left fielder were more talented than Figgens, and our starting SS wasn't Juan Uribe.

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
Do you honestly think that Crede and Garcia for Figgins and Santana is a fair deal? I don't. Give me those two and one of Wood/Saunders/Aybar/Kendrick and it is a bit lopsided in our favor,

Saunders is ready to pitch in a rotation right now, for another 5 to 6 seasons under a team's control. That makes him more valuable than Freddy Garcia.

Aybar is not in the class of Saunders, Wood or Kendrick IMHO. Aybar, Santana and Figgins for Crede and Garcia would probably be a fair deal. Adding Saunders to it certainly wouldn't be. Maybe, if you asked for McPherson instead of Saunders, but the Angels would still be giving up a lot there.

Also on McPherson, how's his fielding at 3B? We'll need a power LHH to replace Thome in a year or 2, Dallas could certainly fit the bill.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
Also on McPherson, how's his fielding at 3B? We'll need a power LHH to replace Thome in a year or 2, Dallas could certainly fit the bill.

At least so far, his fielding numbers at 3rd don't look like anything to write home about. 31 errors in 123 games in A ball in 03, numbers get a little better as he moves up but it's hard to tell what numbers are statistically significant given him bouncing back and forth between different levels and being injured.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
At least so far, his fielding numbers at 3rd don't look like anything to write home about. 31 errors in 123 games in A ball in 03, numbers get a little better as he moves up but it's hard to tell what numbers are statistically significant given him bouncing back and forth between different levels and being injured.

Well he could be a future DH for us to replace Thome anyways if we acquired him.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
Well he could be a future DH for us to replace Thome anyways if we acquired him.

Anyway, I'd be willing to suffer through some crappy defense at 3rd in exchange for some good offensive numbers...if the deal brought us back pitching and saved money.

I definately hold onto Fields if I bring McPherson in as well, just to give us a 2nd option in the event of Dallas continuing to suck or get hurt.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
That's crazy.

I'd take Saunders for Garcia straight up, and Santana is definitely more valuable than Garcia right now.

Crede is better than Figgins, but there's no way you're getting 2 very good young pitchers (who you would control for 4-6 seasons) and a potential versatile stud leadoff hitter (if he rebounds), for a veteran SP with 1 year left on his deal, and a 3B with an iffy back.

Saunders for Garcia would be an absolutely brutal move by the Sox.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure how Garcia's fastball of 84mph and dropping trumps Santana.

Garcia was arguable our best pitcher last year and we would be giving him up for a guy with elbow concerns and an ERA near 6 away from Anaheim.

That's how

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)

Yeah, that one would be really bad by the Sox.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)

Yeah, that one would be really bad by the Sox.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
Garcia was arguable our best pitcher last year and we would be giving him up for a guy with elbow concerns and an ERA near 6 away from Anaheim.

That's how

Since when are 4.28 ERAs near 6? He also was ranked 2nd in BAA in the AL last year. I'm not sure where you are getting the elbow concerns from. He made 33 starts last year and was only injured once when a line drive went off his shin...and he made his next start.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
I know 17 game winners suck, they can't do anything right. The hitters bailed him out every game. All the games were 10-9. :bang

Wins mean less when your team has to score 6 and 7 runs to get you those 17 wins. But I guess that is ok since Freddy was better when it really matter in September. He owned the Angels in September.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since when are 4.28 ERAs near 6? He also was ranked 2nd in BAA in the AL last year. I'm not sure where you are getting the elbow concerns from. He made 33 starts last year and was only injured once when a line drive went off his shin...and he made his next start.

Check your numbers, or re-read my post. His career ERA NOT pitching in Anaheim is 6.46.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Elbow concerns? Link, please?

I recall somebody mentioning it in the other Santana/Garcia thread a week ago. I'll see if I can find it.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)

That's how

Garcia had 3 months where his ERA was over 5. One month he had an ERA of 4.81. You take out September when we were basically out of the race and he wasn't good at all. Santana had the lower ERA and WHIP.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 27, 2006 -> 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Garcia had 3 months where his ERA was over 5. One month he had an ERA of 4.81. You take out September when we were basically out of the race and he wasn't good at all. Santana had the lower ERA and WHIP.

You could do that with pretty much all of our pitchers and the conclusion wouldn't be any different.

Garcia's numbers were close and arguable better (depending on what you weigh more) than "The Untouchable" Jon Garland.

....and for the 1 billionth motherf***ing obnoxious time, the Sox were still in it WAY into September. Personally I thought they died in Oakland, the series AFTER GARICA NEARLY THREW A PERFECT GAME.

Sheesh.

Typical stupid Soxtalk double standard.

Garcia's September = we were out of it and didn't matter.

Thome's "bad" September = he wasn't there when we needed him the most.