STOA: The Hot Stove Edition

Chisoxfn

Mario and Jason are back. We quickly recap the Sox season before bantering about the entire free agent market. After drawing conclusions about the type of free agent market that is going on, Jason and Mario both offer up some ideas on how to improve the White Sox for the 07 season and beyond.

We also give tons of predictions in what is a longer show than usual. Our podcast feature is down, but I should hopefully have that problem solved tomorrow.

However, you can still listen to our show via this link (streaming or downloadable)

Listen Here

Alright, I FINALLY found some time to check the new show. This was pretty beneficial, as I’ve been pretty ignorant of anything White Sox since the season ended.

Though I never felt that we could do better than ’05, regardless of any improvements in 2006, last season was incredibly disappointing. And I think you’re probably right Mario, the lack of heart was probably one of the biggest downfalls of the season. Because on paper, this team should’ve destroyed the World Champ Sox, but that never was the case. It was never all clicking at once.

It’s unfortunate that it never all clicked at once. Everyone had their moments in the season, some more than others, but we never got going on all cylinders.

The Cotts trade does give the Sox some bullpen potential. Though it’s rough to loss Cotts, it seems like we could be pretty well set in the pen, if they stay healthy.

The point you made around the Soriano signing is valid. Soriano’s probably one of the only players that have been signed this offseason, that’s been paid what they’re worth. There’s been a scary amount of overpaying this offseason. I don’t know what that means for the future and contracts.

And believe it or not Gage, I agree with you on the Frank sentiments. I’ll always be his biggest fan, but that contract he got from Toronto is a big risk for them. Hopefully he can stay healthy for them and provide them some numbers, but I find that tough to see.

Nice Mo Vaughn shoutout and Gary Matthews contract numbers. :lol:

I agree about your thoughts on trading Garland and Crede, Mario. If you were willing to deal with all the struggles and everything for them to get to the point that they are on the cusp of stardom, why/what is the reason for trading them now?

I also have no problem with Uribe. He is one of the best defensive players in the game and produces at least 20 HRs a season. That’s plenty to get from my standpoint, from a #9 hitter.

Good show guys; it was nice to get a hot stove update from you guys. :cheers