Chicago's first winter storm loom

southsider2k5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 1, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Things didn't go as planned.

4 hours to shovel snow. Sheesh.

OOOOOOH, THAT DAMN LARRY!!!!

In related news, the intermittent sunshine and just-above-freezing temperature today melted the snow on my driveway, so I happily avoided the second shoveling run.

:headbang

got maybe 4-6" inches of snow down here. grandparents live about 15 minutes to south and the town they live in looks like a tornado hit. did quite a bit of damage and took out their power so they're staying here overnight and most likely for another day or two before the power comp can get to and repair damage...

Nothing better than staying inside, warm on these nights. Getting to work was hell, but the way home was fine.

It's also funny to take the dog out and having him try and find his "spot" with all the snow out there.

I was just reading about how people were stranded on I-80 (I guess there was a 70 mile back-up near I-74 and because of all the jack-knifed trucks and cars in ditches, it was shut down).

That would suck. At least red cross was bringing people food and gas. Knowing my luck, that would be the one time I would leave without a book or three.