Why was MB wearing a Cards cap?

KansasSoxFan

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Some of you need to get a damn life. Do we all approve of Mark's wife? Or the car he drives? He gets paid to pitch, he could hate every White Sox fan alive if he wanted to. He doesn't, he's said he likes it here and doesn't want to play in STL, so why don't we all just stay out of something that is none of our damn business. Some of you talking about an advertisement, yeah, being invited to a private suite, I'm sure he really told that guy to upload that pic all over the internet. And I would lmao if it was some backward old school Sox hat (EDIT: See above already beat me to it)

I can tell you one thing, I don't approve of that sig... I can hardly tell what the H is going on there!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
Its pretty funny that it was mentioned that if you work at Ford though, you should ALWAYS drive a ford. Everyone at Sony ONLY buys sony. Hilarious thought process IMO.

Park a foreign car at Rouge River employee parking and you'll see how "hilarious" it is. You get to drive your crushed cube home that night!

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 05:05 PM)
Park a foreign car at Rouge River employee parking and you'll see how "hilarious" it is. You get to drive your crushed cube home that night!

I dont even know what that is. But I have been to several automakers locations including american and foreign cars, and there are a huge mix of manufacturers in their parking lot, I wonder if everyday their cars had to be crushed into cubes?

I'm sorry, but when I see a guy on MY team wear the hat of some OTHER team, I'm offended. Every other team is a rival and I don't want to see it, it makes me sick. I doubt I am the only one either, but what does our opinion matter, we are just the folks who finance the team. You know, I've said it before but I'd really be interested in the reaction if one our our guys repeatedly wore a Cub hat. Will anyone supporting Buerhle in this go on record as being OK with that or will you be offended as I already am? If you are ok with the Cub hat, I won't agree, but will respect your opinion and lay off.

SFF

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
I believe Mackowiak was at the 05 WS rooting for us while still a member of the Bucs. Does that make him a bad person too?

What are you guys talking about? Buerhle is our ace. For an ace who keeps on wearing other team's hat, to me is very offended. If he wears the Cubs hat, what would be your opinion then? Do you guys still give him your support? It might not offend you, but to me, it's very offended. Trade his ass to the Cardinals!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
So it strictly matters on how good the player is? I don't have any problem with either, unless Buehrle has been specifically told not to do it.

When you are an ace, act like one. Heads22, you should know it. Buerhle is one of the leaders on this team. For a leader who is showing IN PUBLIC his support and love for other team, to me is not RIGHT. You do know what Reinsdorf meant when he said that, am I right?

QUOTE(S720 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
What are you guys talking about? Buerhle is our ace. For an ace who keeps on wearing other team's hat, to me is very offended. If he wears the Cubs hat, what would be your opinion then? Do you guys still give him your support? It might not offend you, but to me, it's very offended. Trade his ass to the Cardinals!

If we trade Buehrle... that's a HUGE and qualified if... it should only be if it's a good deal for us.

Trade him because he's wearing a Cardinals hat... at a Cardinals game? Give me a break.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
I'm sorry, but when I see a guy on MY team wear the hat of some OTHER team, I'm offended. Every other team is a rival and I don't want to see it, it makes me sick. I doubt I am the only one either, but what does our opinion matter, we are just the folks who finance the team. You know, I've said it before but I'd really be interested in the reaction if one our our guys repeatedly wore a Cub hat. Will anyone supporting Buerhle in this go on record as being OK with that or will you be offended as I already am? If you are ok with the Cub hat, I won't agree, but will respect your opinion and lay off.

SFF

Who the f*** cares what a player does off the field as long as he is not doing anything illegal or cheating in the sport that he is playing in? Athletes don't owe you a damn thing. They try to give meaning to your life by throwing and/or hitting a ball. You don't own what they can do.

I'm not a fan of easy listening so I demand that all players have easy listening CD's and songs banned from their possession and iPods!

I couldn't give a s*** if Buehrle, Dye or any player wore women's clothing (even with a *gasp* Cubs logo on it!) during their personal life.

Here's another idea. If you don't want to see it, don't go search it out on the internet so you can engage in some whiny pseudo-outrage.

QUOTE(S720 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
When you are an ace, act like one. Heads22, you should know it. Buerhle is one of the leaders on this team. For a leader who is showing IN PUBLIC his support and love for other team, to me is not RIGHT. You do know what Reinsdorf meant when he said that, am I right?

first of all, just for kicks and giggles...MBINAA

Secondly...you can't set a double standard. That's f***in' ridiculous. Each player should be held to the same expectations. These guys are all professionals, and all should go about their public life as such.

I have no problem with Mark Buehrle being a fan, being in attendance, or even wearing a Cards hat to the game. But keep it very discrete, and don't get your friggin picture taken. That's horrible judgement on his part.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)
Who the f*** cares what a player does off the field as long as he is not doing anything illegal or cheating in the sport that he is playing in? Athletes don't owe you a damn thing. They try to give meaning to your life by throwing and/or hitting a ball. You don't own what they can do.

I'm not a fan of easy listening so I demand that all players have easy listening CD's and songs banned from their possession and iPods!

I couldn't give a s*** if Buehrle, Dye or any player wore women's clothing (even with a *gasp* Cubs logo on it!) during their personal life.

Here's another idea. If you don't want to see it, don't go search it out on the internet so you can engage in some whiny pseudo-outrage.

That last paragraph is a mini-course in irony.

Don't try to cast this as a style issue. Music, drag, lol. Go nuts with the pantyhose, Mark. Fans want to see that the players on their team care about the team as much as (preferably, more than) they do, because there's a notion that indifferent players won't perform as well. I don't believe that's true of Mark, but the issue just keeps coming up.

I don't think I "own" what Mark can do. All I can do is not like it. But the team he's working for does have some say about his choices outside the park, just like all employers. And hey, look at how this started. (Although, as I said before, I'd rather KW and Ozzie do any chiding.)

I guess you'd think it's okay if Mark said that he doesn't care for Sox fans? Or if he wore Twins apparel entering and exiting the park? None of these are illegal or crooked, so we really wouldn't have any right to complain.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
That last paragraph is a mini-course in irony.

Don't try to cast this as a style issue. Music, drag, lol. Go nuts with the pantyhose, Mark. Fans want to see that the players on their team care about the team as much as (preferably, more than) they do, because there's a notion that indifferent players won't perform as well. I don't believe that's true of Mark, but the issue just keeps coming up.

I don't think I "own" what Mark can do. All I can do is not like it. But the team he's working for does have some say about his choices outside the park, just like all employers. And hey, look at how this started. (Although, as I said before, I'd rather KW and Ozzie do any chiding.)

I guess you'd think it's okay if Mark said that he doesn't care for Sox fans? Or if he wore Twins apparel entering and exiting the park? None of these are illegal or crooked, so we really wouldn't have any right to complain.

If the Twins were his childhood team, I couldn't really give a s***.

His job is to produce on the field. Whatever he wears outside of the chalk lines is fine with me.

And before we get further into it, the mention of it by JR was a low-blow and a very shrewd move for future contract negotiations. Tipping your cards saying "MB is our ace and we loooooooooove him" means that he'd likely have to shell out some more dough because MB could easily say "I'm your ace and since I'm so important, you can pay me this much more."

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)

Who cares? I care. Please don't change the context by implying MLB is the only meaning in my life. It is a very small part of it, but in the confines of this forum, it is everything. It is time for you to live up to your words. Since you say you don't care, will you go on record saying its alright with you if he wears a Cubs hat? If so, I won't agree, but will certainly respect your opinion, and you get to defend it to the rest of the folks here. It would be a very mature opinion to take, although I am not sure I can say the same about statements that call me whiny and imply I have nothing else in life.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
Who cares? I care. Please don't change the context by implying MLB is the only meaning in my life. It is a very small part of it, but in the confines of this forum, it is everything. It is time for you to live up to your words. Since you say you don't care, will you go on record saying its alright with you if he wears a Cubs hat? If so, I won't agree, but will certainly respect your opinion, and you get to defend it to the rest of the folks here. It would be a very mature opinion to take, although I am not sure I can say the same about statements that call me whiny and imply I have nothing else in life.

SFF

I couldn't care less what hat or clothes a professional athlete wore in his free time.

Proclaiming that we can somehow be upset over what he wears on his own time is the pinnacle of asinine behavior, especially when others in this very thread have said that it was fine for Mackowiak to wear a Sox hat as part of the Bucs but somehow bad for Buehrle to wear a Cards hat. If it's alright for Mack, then it is fine for MB. Hypocricy, thy name is numerous Soxtalk posters who are attempting to crucify MB.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
I couldn't care less what hat or clothes a professional athlete wore in his free time.

Proclaiming that we can somehow be upset over what he wears on his own time is the pinnacle of asinine behavior, especially when others in this very thread have said that it was fine for Mackowiak to wear a Sox hat as part of the Bucs but somehow bad for Buehrle to wear a Cards hat. If it's alright for Mack, then it is fine for MB. Hypocricy, thy name is numerous Soxtalk posters who are attempting to crucify MB.

I don't know that I would be fine with the Mack incident either, but I was not aware of it when it happened. May I ask why the hostility? I don't like seeing a guy on my team with another team's hat on. If you don't have the same problem, that's cool. But I don't get the comments like whiny and asinine. I am just being honest and have given reasons for my concerns while at the same time been respectful to those who disagree. I was hoping for the same consideration.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
If the Twins were his childhood team, I couldn't really give a s***.

His job is to produce on the field. Whatever he wears outside of the chalk lines is fine with me.

And before we get further into it, the mention of it by JR was a low-blow and a very shrewd move for future contract negotiations. Tipping your cards saying "MB is our ace and we loooooooooove him" means that he'd likely have to shell out some more dough because MB could easily say "I'm your ace and since I'm so important, you can pay me this much more."

Good for you. I do give a s***. I don't want anything drastic done, and I don't stay awake thinking about this, but I'd prefer that he not do it.

I don't know about your second point. Maybe. But there's obviously the possibility that it hurts the negotiations, as well. But the point remains that the Sox brass does have the right to make this an issue, whatever the intent.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
Hypocricy, thy name is numerous Soxtalk posters who are attempting to crucify MB.

Consistency I would say. At least they are expressing the same dissatisfaction now as they did then unlike numerous others.

I'm sorry, what his childhood team was, really at this point , doesn't matter. Mark Buerhle, unlike any of us, makes his living as a major league baseball player. As I stated before the White Sox drafted him, gave him a bonus, paid to develop him, helped get him on a Wheaties Box, and thus far have given him about 18.5 million reasons with another 9+ million on the table for 2007 to switch his alliance totally to the 2005 World Champions. Its a different situation from any of us. Its also a situation that seems to pop up close to every off season. It doesn't make him a bad person. It doesn't mean that when he pitches for the White Sox he's not giving 100% effort, it just, IMO, is wrong. MLB players and personnel root for other teams all of the time. Even JR was rooting for the Cardinals to win the WS because of his relationship with LaRussa. Having your picture taken with a pretty worn out Cardinal hat on and having it posted on the internet, isn't wise. The story that went with the picture about the Buerhle's hope that the White Sox wouldn't pick up his option so he could sign with the Cardinals might have been total BS. With the guy posting the picture, it gives evidence that at least some of his story is correct, and that there is at least some chance his entire story for that night is true. I would bet anything that if it were Juan Uribe instead of Buerhle in that story, most of the people who don't have any problem with Buerhle's undying Cardinal love, would have a huge problem with it. As I've stated before, it really doesn't piss me off, I just find it wrong. The White Sox have done a heck of a lot for Mark and his family. Go to the game and cheer for the Cardinals, but find a different hat to wear.

Only speaking for myself, of course, but I don't care if Mark, Juan, or anyone on the team cheers for another team as long as I believe it doesn't affect their performance or committment to the White Sox. You can't erase someone's love of their childhood team, and I don't think it's a bad thing, as long as you remain a professional.

I don't believe Mark has ever dogged it on the Sox, so his Cardinal love is fine with me, even if it means he "goes home" via free agency.

Well, at least AJ hates the Redbirds

At tonight's Turning Point PPV...

Jim Cornette came to the ring and introduced several diginitaries in The Chicago White Sox' Dale Torborg and AJ Pierzynski (who came out with his X-Division title replica), who appeared at last year's Turning Point. Jim Cornette then introduced World Series MVP David Eckstein, who came out with his MVP trophy and his brother. The TNA announcing team plugged Eckstein's forthcoming book.

Cornette interviewed Eckstein, who noted that Rhino and Lance Hoyt were his favorites. They showed the book to Torborg and AJ, who proceeded to rip up the book. AJ cut a promo on Eckstein, saying he backed his way into a World Series and now he was in AJ's ring. Eckstein grabbed the book away from them and the brothers got into the White Sox's face.

Torborg drilled Eckstein's brother. AJ and Eckstein began shoving each other. Cornette tried to stop it but was shoved down. Torborg grabbed Eckstein and they teased hitting him with the X-Division belt replica. Lance Hoyt hit the ring and brawled briefly with Torborg before he powdered out of the ring.