Angels

kwill

QUOTE(kwill @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
They have swung and missed twice and i think they need some starting pitching. how about howie kendrik, and brandon wood for uribe, iguchi and garland. Sounds like a deal.

Who shot who in the what, now?

They have swung and missed twice and i think they need some starting pitching. how about howie kendrik, and brandon wood for uribe, iguchi and garland. Sounds like a deal.

Nope. This offseason's desperation trade already happened. We missed it.

You wouldnt happen to be an Angels fan would you? I dont know of any Sox fans that would trade a proven #3-4 starting pitcher along with 2 solid position players for 2 would be prospects. Ive heard alot of great things about both prospects but come on. Now if you add Sheieds and Santana to go with Kendrick, Wood and the K-Y, I think this deal could happen. :drink

QUOTE(WkdJstr13 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
You wouldnt happen to be an Angels fan would you? I dont know of any Sox fans that would trade a proven #3-4 starting pitcher along with 2 solid position players for 2 would be prospects. Ive heard alot of great things about both prospects but come on. Now if you add Sheieds and Santana to go with Kendrick, Wood and the K-Y, I think this deal could happen. :drink

2 out of 3 proctologists prefer Astroglide...

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

This proposed trade is hillarious. However, the scary thing is that people are actually saying that KW wouldn't do this. Kendrick and Wood are two of the top 5 hitting prospects in the minors, and Kendrick is ready to compete in the majors right now. There's not a chance in hell the Angels trade either of those guys....but if you were able to get them for the 3 guys mentioned, I'll gladly drive Garland, Iguchi, and Uribe to the airport.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This proposed trade is hillarious. However, the scary thing is that people are actually saying that KW wouldn't do this. Kendrick and Wood are two of the top 5 hitting prospects in the minors, and Kendrick is ready to compete in the majors right now. There's not a chance in hell the Angels trade either of those guys....but if you were able to get them for the 3 guys mentioned, I'll gladly drive Garland, Iguchi, and Uribe to the airport.

There's no way that kenny would do this. This is not the Devil Rays. We are not rebuilding.

Kendrick could probably provide equal offense to Iguchi this year but he won't turn the double play as good so that will hurt.

And, Wood is probably 2-3 years away from being a quality major league SS.

So, for 2007 we would have no shortstop and only 4 starting pitchers. We could compete with KC for the basement in our division.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
There's no way that kenny would do this. This is not the Devil Rays. We are not rebuilding.

Kendrick could probably provide equal offense to Iguchi this year but he won't turn the double play as good so that will hurt.

And, Wood is probably 2-3 years away from being a quality major league SS.

So, for 2007 we would have no shortstop and only 4 starting pitchers. We could compete with KC for the basement in our division.

Not to mention, why the the hell would we trade pitching without getting some back in return. How do we know these cant miss prospects work out and like you said we are not rebuilding. If we were rebuilding than we would probably send a power hitter or two to LAA since they are desperate to give Vlady protection in the lineup.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)

there are countless such trades the white sox COULD do. young prospects 2-3 years away from being major league ready, but when does it end, at what point do you stop because you realize you have lost all chance of winning this year? wood is NOT ready now and he probably wont be productive until 2008. Kendrick is a major leaguer now, but you would be sacrificing this season for sure. i would not do this trade unless i thought brandon wood could play ss this year, and he cant. and i do not want to go into the season with a 5th starter named gavin floyd and a backup plan named heath phillips.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
there are countless such trades the white sox COULD do. young prospects 2-3 years away from being major league ready, but when does it end, at what point do you stop because you realize you have lost all chance of winning this year? wood is NOT ready now and he probably wont be productive until 2008. Kendrick is a major leaguer now, but you would be sacrificing this season for sure. i would not do this trade unless i thought brandon wood could play ss this year, and he cant. and i do not want to go into the season with a 5th starter named gavin floyd and a backup plan named heath phillips.

Kendrick could easily be a better overall hitter than Iguchi this season, and you'd have him for cheap for the next 5 season. Kendrick and Wood are on a different level of prospect status compared to Floyd and Gio. It doesn't matter though, the Angels would never give either of those guys up.