My Speculation: Trade with Yankees?

harfman77

Since we know Garland was almost on a plane to Houston and Crede has been shopped and will be until he is signed; coupled with the fact that KW has been rumored to be all over ARod, here is my baseless trade of pure speculation.

Garland, Broadway and Crede for Arod, Cabrera and Hughes.

Trading Garland effectively dumps $20 mil from last years salary with Freddy being dealt so Arod would cost another 5. Cabrera I thought was impressive as a rookie last season is a switch hitter who could our every day left fielder after coming up as a centerfielder. Hughes would be a prospect that Kenny has said he wants back in any trade of a starter, though he is probably two years away instead of one.

I know that opens the fifth starter slot, but I see that as a good thing. It allows our young guys - Haeger, Floyd, Phillips, Gonzalez, Broadway or even Tracey an opportunity to get experience and be ready to move into the rotation in the event of another starter getting injured or leaving via trade or free agency. Could add some of those pieces to the trade to add Humberto Sanchez and use him as the fifth starter.

I think the Skanks would probably do it if we took all of Arods contract.

Just a thought cause I am bored waiting for something to happen.

It's good idea, but I just never see ARod leaving New York. ARod is probably the best player in baseball, but his expectations are too unreal. Hughes is the one prospect the Yankees refuse to trade, and Garland will never be a number 1 or 2 pitcher. He's a solid 3. Hughes projects to be a 1 or 2 starter. Plus the Yankees dont want to take on Crede and his messed up back. I'm all for this trade, but ARod is not leaving town anytime soon.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 04:21 PM)
I don't even know if the Yanks would give up Cabrera and Hughes for our 3 guys.

There is not a chance the Yankees include Hughes. I doubt they would move him for anyone outside of maybe 5 players in the entire league, and neither Garland, nor Crede, nor Broadway are one of them. Additionally, keep in mind that ARod's contract is no longer considered outrageous. Sixteen million per for him is a bargain right now.

I am fairly certain that most possible scenarios were discussed at the Winter Meetings, and if a match was possible, it would have happened there.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
dunno how that would work. Counting on two rookies

BMac is not a rookie first of all, and Hughes is either basically ready for the big leagues or will be within a couple months. It's not a bad thing to have youth in your rotation if it is the right youth, and those two would be beautiful.

But yeah, the Yankees wouldn't do that.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
BMac is not a rookie first of all, and Hughes is either basically ready for the big leagues or will be within a couple months. It's not a bad thing to have youth in your rotation if it is the right youth, and those two would be beautiful.

But yeah, the Yankees wouldn't do that.

What about Sanchez instead of Hughes?

QUOTE(IowaSoxFan @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
What about Sanchez instead of Hughes?

If the White Sox were willing to take on ARod's entire contract, and ARod requested/demanded a trade behind the scenes, I could see that as a possibility, but that's only if the Yankees have been told that ARod is leaving and no one else offers anything better.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
and a nothing prospect.

I wouldn't call Broadway a "nothing" prospect, but there's no way the Yankees would do this.

There was speculation a week ago that they wouldn't even trade Sanchez straight up for Mark Buehrle.

Yeah, the Spankies love Hughs so much that I'd doubt they would him trade straight-up for JG. The kid is only 20 and tearing up the minors. With a good season in AAA he will probably be the 5th starter in 08. Cashman has already said he could get called up some time in 07. Thats how high they are on Hughes. I like the idea though and would make that trade in a second.

QUOTE(IowaSoxFan @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since we know Garland was almost on a plane to Houston and Crede has been shopped and will be until he is signed; coupled with the fact that KW has been rumored to be all over ARod, here is my baseless trade of pure speculation.

Garland, Broadway and Crede for Arod, Cabrera and Hughes.

Trading Garland effectively dumps $20 mil from last years salary with Freddy being dealt so Arod would cost another 5. Cabrera I thought was impressive as a rookie last season is a switch hitter who could our every day left fielder after coming up as a centerfielder. Hughes would be a prospect that Kenny has said he wants back in any trade of a starter, though he is probably two years away instead of one.

I know that opens the fifth starter slot, but I see that as a good thing. It allows our young guys - Haeger, Floyd, Phillips, Gonzalez, Broadway or even Tracey an opportunity to get experience and be ready to move into the rotation in the event of another starter getting injured or leaving via trade or free agency. Could add some of those pieces to the trade to add Humberto Sanchez and use him as the fifth starter.

I think the Skanks would probably do it if we took all of Arods contract.

Just a thought cause I am bored waiting for something to happen.

If you can make this deal happen, I'll buy you season tickets.

Hughes is THE # 1 pitching prospect in all of baseball. The Sox might get him alone for Crede and Garland.

My guess is to get AROD, Cabrera and Hughes from the Yankees the Sox would have to offer up something like Crede, Garland, Vazquez, Sweeney and Haeger.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
I would, his only value is to us at this point. He isnt one of our top three, he doesnt have great stuff and he isnt major league ready.

I'd rate Gio ahead of him, but then it's probably a toss up b/w him McCullough and possibly Floyd as to who's our 2nd best SP spect (where's Tyler Lumsden when you need him).

Personally I think he'll be a #3-#4 starter at the major league level, which if he hit FA this off-season, would get you Jason Marquis type of money as a minimum.

Hughes = Untouchable

Garland, Crede and Broadway will get you ARod (if he approves) and maybe Sal Fasano (backup catcher...aka FAT BACKSTOP).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
I would, his only value is to us at this point. He isnt one of our top three, he doesnt have great stuff and he isnt major league ready.

Caesar Carillo would have been nice

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
wow, the yankees would be getting hosed on that deal. Their top pitching spec, one of the best players in baseball, and a serviceable OF for a pretty good starter, a good defensive 3B with back problems and a nothing prospect.

everyone from dpbl knows that hughes will have a 25-4 record come 2014. I think it's a good deal for the sox.