Sox sign Toby Hall

Frankensteiner

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Wow, I am shocked he would want to come here for this little playing time. Any details on the contract?

All I've seen so far is that it's a two-year deal, but that's per The Score, and I'll wait for more credible sources before I'm officially happy about it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
IF this is true, I'd be happy with this offseason if we could add a legitimate back-up CF who hits righty...and possibly one more reliever.

Well KW has already surprised some by going with Hall instead of Alomar, perhaps he could shock the rest by getting a legit 4th OF instead of keeping Terrero around.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)

These are 2 of the finer days KW has had during his tenure as White Sox GM.

I only have my concerns about the Garcia deal because I thought we'd get more, but I can live with it. I like the smaller signings because what I see is that we have a very strong team needing only some added role players to make it even stronger. Teams out there spending their entire bank account on one player apoparently haven't learned that it takes an entire team to win. There are a lot of very good free agents out there that can be part of a winning nucleus without costing a billion dollars.

Toby Hall probably would of been more of a backup unless he went with Philly. Who subs their players and gets bench players more ABs than OG. He will get plenty of ABs here and more than say the Yanks who have ironman Posada playing just about everyday.

This is great freakin news.

IF this is true, I'd be happy with this offseason if we could add a legitimate back-up CF who hits righty...and possibly one more reliever.

Really? You'd be happy with this offseason if the only upgrades over the 2006 team were a slightly better backup catcher and backup CF, and maybe another reliever (given the fact that nothing particularly good is left to sign)? Wouldn't that be essentially standing pat?

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Dec 17, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Really? You'd be happy with this offseason if the only upgrades over the 2006 team were a slightly better backup catcher and backup CF, and maybe another reliever (given the fact that nothing particularly good is left to sign)? Wouldn't that be essentially standing pat?

No, it's not standin pat. It's counting on your team to play the way they are supposed to and not underachieve for an entire season.