McCarthy Traded to Texas

SnB

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I have to say that I'm shocked.

McCarthy was ready to step into the rotation, and while I know those pitchers they got back may be ready to pitch in the majors, and have good upside as well....what does this mean for next season ? Are we taking a step back, still a good team though, to hopefully watching all these young pitchers develop into big time players in the future.

What is the rotation next season with all these changes and where does Mark Buerhle fit ? Is he going to be moved before long ?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Honestly, does anyone see us making the playoffs with Floyd or Danks in the rotation?

Don't get me wrong, I like having Danks. The guy's supposed to be amazing one day, but this is going to cost us in 2007.

That's kind of how I feel. I'm sure the White Sox wouldn't have made this trade if they weren't convinced these guys are going to be potentially top of the rotation starters, but we've moved Garcia and McCarthy now, and I don't think Mark Burehle is going to be here much longer either.

I think with the current team, we're going to be in the race, but the more young pitchers we count on for next season, the less chance we have of being a playoff contender.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
I think I see the logic here. We're "good enough" to compete in the toughest division in baseball (so we'll still draw fans), but we're clearly not good enough anymore to actually make the playoffs/make a run at the WS again.

welcome back to the last 20 years minus 05.