McCarthy Traded to Texas

SnB

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Who was McCarthy overpowering last year? no one. if someone wants to give up a ton of "win later" for just SOME "win now"... you do it.

mccarthy has shown that he will be good in the majors, they haven't. We're almost going a year back in the progress made.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Who was McCarthy overpowering last year? no one. if someone wants to give up a ton of "win later" for just SOME "win now"... you do it.

The guy never got comfortable in the relief role how hard is that to understand? McCarthy has shown he can be successful in this league. Sure lets win later because these prospects are all supposed to be the number one starters their advertised right?

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
even if people here agree with this poster's overall point, you have to admit this part is just not true. what has he shown? put better, how might a non-Sox fan characterize his play the last two years?

If you don't think BMac has shown anything then wtf has Danks shown you?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:49 PM)
If you don't think BMac has shown anything then wtf has Danks shown you?

my point was if you are getting a lot of "win later", you do it. read my actual post before you respond.

have i scouted anyone myself? no. i'm arguing the logic here on behalf of KW, and it's that they 1) determined there's a lot of future stud ability coming our way in this deal 2) Brandon was not that.

if these young arms end up being nothing, then I bring out the firebrand assault. but until then, the logic of the trade makes sense. you arent giving that much with McCarthy, as beloved as he was. just arent.

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
my point was if you are getting a lot of "win later", you do it. read my actual post before you respond.

have i scouted anyone myself? no. i'm arguing the logic here on behalf of KW, and it's that they 1) determined there's a lot of future stud ability coming our way in this deal 2) Brandon was not that.

if these young arms end up being nothing, then I bring out the firebrand assault. but until then, the logic of the trade makes sense. you arent giving that much with McCarthy, as beloved as he was. just arent.

As a starter, McCarthy showed what he could do. He was not that much of a question mark to me. These guys are!

McCarthy as a reliever...bad!

everyone loves BMac for 7 games he pitched for us in 2005. 1.69 ERA.

everything else from him has been here or there.

now if you take the emotion of that 2005 year out of it, which KW has to do as a job.... you will give that player up for top flight prospects.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)

now if you take the emotion of that 2005 year out of it, which KW has to do as a job.... you will give that player up for top flight prospects.

Not if you want to win in 2007.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Honestly, does anyone see us making the playoffs with Floyd or Danks in the rotation?

Don't get me wrong, I like having Danks. The guy's supposed to be amazing one day, but this is going to cost us in 2007.

excellent deal- dont you see this is all for the future, it helps us in 07 and on and on.

KW is a genius, we are LOADED with leftys now, MORE WMD's.

Awesome thank you Kenny Merry xmas.

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)

I guarantee Ozzie's dislike for McCarthy also played a role in this.

I also must admit that my interest in watching the Sox this year is fading more and more.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
Well, no reason to re-up my MLB.TV, there not going to be worth watching anymore.

no need to the World Series will be on regular tv

Wsox-Mets baby

whoo hoo

KW you are DA BOMB!!!

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Dec 23, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)

Ok so you lose your own best pitching prospect for 2 others that won't be ready for what ... 3 years? Masset maybe next year but I mean comon.

And with the number's I'm looking at from Danks, he's not blowing me away.

If the goal is to acquire stud pitching prospects, which it clearly is, why was Garland more valuable than McCarthy -- why is Danks better than Hirsh? Can't say I quite like this trade -- leaves us with a huge fifth starter hole -- but, well, I never thought McCarthy was great. Wonder how he'll pitch in the August heat of Texas.

I'm feeling like these guys are going to be packaged for a larger deal. But who knows, I don't like this initial deal if it's by itself, but if KW can combine these prospects in a trade for a superstar or something, like Tejada, then maybe I like it a bit more. So I'm going to wait on this a few days before I make judgements.