Homosexuality, Choice, and Hormones.

Rex Kickass

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
Albert Einstein: 0 kids

Kevin Federline: 4 kids and counting

Einstein = smoked

I think Einstein's main scientific rival, Werner Heisenberg, had 7 kids. Federline might catch him though.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 12:35 PM)
People try to fix genetic weaknesses all of the time. Growth hormones for short people, bald people, fat people, skinny people, sick people.

really? because I see Christianity made fun of more often than homosexual people these days. sure if you live in a bumblecrotch, AL, you're probably going to be looked at differently. However, there are plenty of places where it is perfectly acceptable to be homosexual, but often those people suffer from depression and other mental issues despite social acceptance.

says the guys quoting darwinism.........

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
AIDS claims a lot of lives, gay and straight. Doesn't really pertain to the discussion though.

When it first came to America though, it was much more rampant among the gay community than the straight. And there is no denying that.....

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 01:06 AM)
When it first came to America though, it was much more rampant among the gay community than the straight. And there is no denying that.....

If I am remembering my stats right, today it is much more of a minority disease than anything else...

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 02:06 AM)

Your point is, what? I don't really see how this even applies to the discussion.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
Your point is, what? I don't really see how this even applies to the discussion.

perhaps that the deviant lifestyle is susceptible to population diminishing diseases?

IIRC, syphillus, gonorhea, etc are all animal derived diseases...as is AIDs. STDs are primarily spread through unprotected sex with many different partners with little or no commitment to relationship. Which is not completely unique to homosexual lifestyles traditionally, but the percentages of individuals in sustainable committed monogamous relationships has always been on the side of heterosexuals.

Aside from that, I don't know how this pertains to the conversation.

perhaps that the deviant lifestyle is susceptible to population diminishing diseases?

IIRC, syphillus, gonorhea, etc are all animal derived diseases...as is AIDs. STDs are primarily spread through unprotected sex with many different partners with little or no commitment to relationship. Which is not completely unique to homosexual lifestyles traditionally, but the percentages of individuals in sustainable committed monogamous relationships has always been on the side of heterosexuals.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Edited by southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 07:30 AM)
If I am remembering my stats right, today it is much more of a minority disease than anything else...

Good memory.

From until.org

United States:

* An estimated one million people are currently living with HIV in the United States, with approximately 40,000 new infections occurring each year.

* 70 percent of these new infections occur in men and 30 percent occur in women.

* By race, 54 percent of the new infections in the United States occur among African Americans, and 64 percent of the new infections in women occur in African American women.

* 75 percent of the new infections in women are heterosexually transmitted.

* Half of all new infections in the United States occur in people 25 years of age or younger.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
I think Einstein's main scientific rival, Werner Heisenberg, had 7 kids. Federline might catch him though.

No, but I think Shawn Kemp passed all of them...combined.

Anyway, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a time in everyone's life, usually during puberty, when we all struggle with our sexuality? And during that time, sides are "chosen?" Well, then, we are all human and don't make the right choices in our life. So, for all of the homosexuals that "battled" it and became heteros, that could mean two things to me:

1. They couldn't take the societal pressure of being homosexual and decided it would be easier (although I can't imagine living a lifestyle you aren't completely comfortable with would be easier).

2. Something in their body changes and they honestly have changed their preferences. I'm not sure this is possible, but the human body is an amazing engine.

And that being said, for every 10 homosexuals trying to live their lives as a heterosexual, you would have to speculate that a couple heterosexuals are trying to live their lives as homosexual. Which is kinda interesting to think about.

And one more thing, off my topic, PA, whose church shouldn't they be married in? Yours? All of them? I think it's up to the members of that faith to allow or not allow same-sex marriages. Last time I checked, weddings and marriage is about love, not God. But, that is how I feel...not everyone feels that way, and that's OK.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 09:39 AM)
Good memory.

From until.org

United States:

* An estimated one million people are currently living with HIV in the United States, with approximately 40,000 new infections occurring each year.

* 70 percent of these new infections occur in men and 30 percent occur in women.

* By race, 54 percent of the new infections in the United States occur among African Americans, and 64 percent of the new infections in women occur in African American women.

* Half of all new infections in the United States occur in people 25 years of age or younger.

Thanks Soxy :cheers

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)

Bird Flu is an animal derived disease as well. But like I said, I don't see what that point has to do with anything.

STDs are spread through unprotected sex. Correct. I would actually argue that monogamy is just as common in homosexual relationships. What's the difference? There aren't any "monogamy" night clubs. So people don't know about it and don't talk about it.

Since same sex partners are not allowed the same monogamous social covenants that heterosexuals are allowed, it would be difficult to prove your point or my point in either way.

It's been my experience that gay people seek stable, loving relationships just like straight people do.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 01:25 PM)
Bird Flu is an animal derived disease as well. But like I said, I don't see what that point has to do with anything.

STDs are spread through unprotected sex. Correct. I would actually argue that monogamy is just as common in homosexual relationships. What's the difference? There aren't any "monogamy" night clubs. So people don't know about it and don't talk about it.

Since same sex partners are not allowed the same monogamous social covenants that heterosexuals are allowed, it would be difficult to prove your point or my point in either way.

It's been my experience that gay people seek stable, loving relationships just like straight people do.

exactly. just because their genetically wired to be attracted to different people doesnt mean they're wired to be promiscuous... there's always that connotation with gays that they go from partner to partner blah blah blah but come on now look at today's straight culture as well - we could talk divorce rate, we could talk vegas weddings a la britney spears. people who try to protect the "sanctity of marriage" really are being unbelievably hypocritical.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

cowards...every last one of you.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)
people who try to protect the "sanctity of marriage" really are being unbelievably hypocritical.

why? I plan on never getting divorced and I have a great relationship with my future wife. The only way it would be hypocritical is if I were to be a divorcee and claim some moral high ground.

your logic is inaccurate. This is the big kids discussion area, try the "palehose" section and then work your way up.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 10:39 AM)
Good memory.

From until.org

United States:

Susan Surrandon really brings legitimacy to that website. (har har)

1) It's nearly impossible to track the total number of individuals with AIDS. So right off, these numbers are laughable. (hence the CDC's call for universal confidential name-based tracking)

2) From the CDC's report on AIDS transmission between 2001-2005

Male adult or adolescent 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005

Male-to-male sexual contact 16,212 16,102 15,758 16,556 18,722

Injection drug use 4,805 4,024 3,695 3,314 3,506

the numbers seem to be on about heterosexual female transmission, but the term "high-risk" is added by the CDC meaning: a Heterosexual contact with a person known to have, or to be at high risk for, HIV infection. (which doesn't limit the definition from involving drugs, homosexual behavior, etc.)

not sure what your point was otherwise.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
cowards...every last one of you.

why? I plan on never getting divorced and I have a great relationship with my future wife. The only way it would be hypocritical is if I were to be a divorcee and claim some moral high ground.

your logic is inaccurate. This is the big kids discussion area, try the "palehose" section and then work your way up.

wow... wow... yeah i may not post a ton but i've been here for what, 3 years now? i think i can post wherever the f*** i want.

anyway - gays dont PLAN to break up either just as you dont PLAN to divorce. No one does. but at the same time how do you explain all of those republican congressmen who rail against gay marriage but are on their 3rd wife themselves? THATS what i'm saying - and my logic is not inaccurate my friend. prove me wrong.

and by the way - i was not specifically talking about YOU with my last post. fyi

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
wow... wow... yeah i may not post a ton but i've been here for what, 3 years now? i think i can post wherever the f*** i want.

anyway - gays dont PLAN to break up either just as you dont PLAN to divorce. No one does. but at the same time how do you explain all of those republican congressmen who rail against gay marriage but are on their 3rd wife themselves? THATS what i'm saying - and my logic is not inaccurate my friend. prove me wrong.

and by the way - i was not specifically talking about YOU with my last post. fyi

:lol: button pushed.

prove you wrong? That's what I just did. You said "People who try to protect the "sanctity of marriage" really are being unbelievably hypocritical"

I'm a person who believes in protecting the sanctity of marriage and at least in this area of my life, I'm not a hypocrit...

Reddy meet Wrong.

If you MEAN politicians who rail against gay marriage, then SAY politicians. Otherwise, your logic is inaccurate.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
But I am the President. Even if you refuse to recognize that.

/tongue in cheek

you and al gore.