Cancelled Gems

matt

OK, with the recent cancellation of The O.C., (I'm not a fan by any means but it was big news) I started to think alot about shows that were very good, but didn't get the ratings, ultimately ending in the shows demise. To me, the best show that I've ever seen that got cancelled was Arrested Development. Bad marketing by Fox, accompanied by oft subtle and unusual humor within the show, pretty much killed it from the beginning. It pretty much never got its chance, like other shows that started slow (see: Sienfeld). Who knows what could have happened if it did get its chance. I'm just glad shows like The Office (both UK and US versions) have eased my pain a little bit.

So anyway, what are your favorite shows that got cancelled?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt, Arrested Development.

I've getting hooked on some funny series' over the past couple months -- The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm mainly -- I think AD is funnier than both of those. The characters are hilarious, the script/lines are brilliant, and each character has their little 'niche' that makes 'em even funnier.

I checked on wiki, apparently they are planning on doing an AD movie, but no new seasons. I'd rather have the opposite, but...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
Without a doubt, Arrested Development.

I've getting hooked on some funny series' over the past couple months -- The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm mainly -- I think AD is funnier than both of those. The characters are hilarious, the script/lines are brilliant, and each character has their little 'niche' that makes 'em even funnier.

I checked on wiki, apparently they are planning on doing an AD movie, but no new seasons. I'd rather have the opposite, but...

I would put AD in a tie with The Office. If you want to get really specific, AD beats the American Office, but the British Office beats AD (but its close). If you like AD as much as I think you do, check out the British Office. You can rent or buy the DVD's and theres always the internet. I highly recommend it to you. That and AD are the only shows that consistently got laughs out of me when they were on. Something that has continued to this day. If you can, definitley check it out. Looking forward to the AD movie!

Edited by soxsr08

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
X-Files spinoff Millenium featuring Lance Henrickson.

YES!

Remember the opening scene with the family eating chicken for Sunday dinner with the Padres game on?

Wonderfalls and Firefly were good too.

Futurama was good as well. (Yes, I know it's coming back)

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 11:01 PM)
YES!

Remember the opening scene with the family eating chicken for Sunday dinner with the Padres game on?

The first time I saw it they totally got me, I thought it was a commercial for chicken or some s*** then they started vomiting up blood and such. Scared the hell out of me. Bastards.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 06:07 AM)
Ill have to third and fourth Freaks and Geeks. I never saw it until a recent ex had the whole set on DVD and it was real good. I dont think I even heard of it when it was on tv. What channel was it on.

ennnnn beeee seeeee