Cancelled Gems

matt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showtime's Odyssey 5. I thought it was damn good and it sucks that it was cancelled after 1 season. I looked it up on wikipedia and found this which further depressed me: "The initial run of the series ran for 14 of the 20 episodes, leaving the six remaining episodes unaired for a period of roughly two years. This unnatural pause and the summary cancellation were done due to Showtime's desire to move away from science fiction television, likely in an attempt to match the programming brought forth by rival HBO. This is despite the fact that the series was one of Showtime's highest rated original series."

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 07:09 AM)
Adam Corrolla project.They had like 4 episodes and I never could find out what happened!I looked on the web and nowhere has what happened.

If you're talking about his show on TLC or Discovery where he bought his dad's house and rebuilt it, then they showed that whole season. It was like 10 episodes or something. I'm a huge Carolla fan and watched all of them. If you're talking about his talkshow on Comedy Central, they axed that after about a month or so.

Clone High on MTV was an excellent show, so since it was MTV of course it didn't last....

Someone mentioned Greg The Bunny earlier on, they have done new shorts the last two years on IFC. It's Greg, Warren the Ape, Blah and the Wumpus as the main puppets on it.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 09:27 AM)
Clone High on MTV was an excellent show, so since it was MTV of course it didn't last....

There's also 5 South, the Super Adventure Team, the aforementioned Wonder Showzen...MTv has a great ability to get good shows on their channel and then cancel them too fast to make more room for another Real World vs Road Rules "reality" show.

I would agree with the above assessments about Murder One and Paradise Hotel. As for this year, I really liked that show Justice. I thought it was a cool concept seeing how the murder was actually comitted.

Twenty years ago, I was mad that the Jason Bateman show, It's Your Move, was cancelled. The single greatest half hour in television was the Dregs of Humanity episode on It's Your Move.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 09:27 AM)
If you're talking about his show on TLC or Discovery where he bought his dad's house and rebuilt it, then they showed that whole season. It was like 10 episodes or something. I'm a huge Carolla fan and watched all of them. If you're talking about his talkshow on Comedy Central, they axed that after about a month or so.

Someone mentioned Greg The Bunny earlier on, they have done new shorts the last two years on IFC. It's Greg, Warren the Ape, Blah and the Wumpus as the main puppets on it.

Ya,Iam talking about when he rebuilt his dads house.I thought it got cancelled cause I was watching it on Comcast ONDEMAND and they only showed 3 episodes.I loved the hispanic guy!So what happenned?

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 12:01 AM)
YES!

Remember the opening scene with the family eating chicken for Sunday dinner with the Padres game on?

Wonderfalls and Firefly were good too.

Futurama was good as well. (Yes, I know it's coming back)

Good call on Wonderfalls! I love that show, I have the dvd.

I also have to vote for Arrested Development.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 08:57 AM)
Ya,Iam talking about when he rebuilt his dads house.I thought it got cancelled cause I was watching it on Comcast ONDEMAND and they only showed 3 episodes.I loved the hispanic guy!So what happenned?

it continued with the same format of focusing on the crew etc... they ended up finishing the house, and I believe at the time of the finale they hadn't sold it yet, but I'm pretty sure they eventually sold it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
I really liked the first season of "Men Behaving Badly". Then they changed almost the entire cast around Rob Schneider and it really sucked.

That first season was gold.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
I really enjoyed the one season of Playmakers.

Yet again, fantastic.