American Idol

retro1983hat

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:09 AM)
I'm just still trying to get my head around Jackson telling the one girl that a song was too "Urban" for her. Was he saying what I think he was saying? What is the definition of "Urban" in the music world? I know what it would have meant back in 1982...but what about now?

randy was right in using urban, if he had said black, there wouldve been an uproar.

Urban encompasses todays sound, lots white kids are urban wannabees.

had he sais the song was too black, people would say "whats wrong with being black"

He played it safe.

Its a sad year for white girls, all the black girls were excellent.

the white girls, not very good at all.

But some white girls have to make the final 6 girls.

if they dont thats gonna cause an uproar.

Lakisha seems to be the favorite now.

But another unwed mother winning it like Fantasia did, i dont think that will go over too well.

once ok but twice?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 04:37 AM)
I missed the first six girls tonight, but my hunch is that Melissa Doolittle will outshine LaKisha in the long run. LaKisha set the bar for herself awfully high tonight and I think she may have trouble living up to it.

i really dont like melinda, shes a female james brown

and i honestly never liked james brown.

she scares me, i prefer one of the earlier black girls

like stephanie edwards or sabrina

both very pretty, much more tamer voices

more of a iDOL image, than Lakisha or Melinda

But we shall see.

My money was on Melinda as soon as I saw her, and it is still on her. She rocks.

It's going to look damn funny when it gets to the final 12, and week after week a guy will fall, until there are 6 women on the stage and that's it. Though they all may not have been great tonight, there wasn't one single female that was down at the guys level. They all rose above them.

Seriously you could keep 10 girls and 2 guys, and that would be about right. There were only a couple of girls that deserved to go right off of the bat, while the majority of guys just sucked.

I will say that about 3-4 of the girls, Melinda and Lakisha the leaders, are way above anyone else.

For the Chicago update, the first one was the skinny blonde dog walker. She was not too good. Probably safe, but going early in a two-hour show may hurt her votes.

Gina from Catfight went towards the end, but her she is supposed to be a rocker and she did "All by Myself." Bad song choice, but she should be safe, but was overshadowed by the last performer, LaKisha getting all the praise.

As for LaKisha, yes she is basically a clone of Fanstasia, however, not as pretty and looks do play a part in this.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
Idol is becoming boring. Teletubby references included.

I agree. I fell like 75% of the contestants are totally interchangeable. And they're all sort of a pop brand--some have a little different flavor, but essentially they're all pretty poppy in their sound. No real country or rock or anything. Bleh.

That being said, I did really enjoy LaKisha and Melinda and I was pleasantly surprised by Gina (I thought she would be awful, but her mediocrity impressed me).

Did Ryan just say that Sanjaya was in the top four guys? That has to be a freakin joke!

I thought Paul was better than several of the other guys and had more potential. I wasn't sold on Rudy's performance, but would not have been surprised if he stayed. I think he really picked a bad song for him.

Alaina should have gone home tonight, but I think she got by on her looks. The two girls that went home were more on the plain side.

For those that have seen Catfight, is it not a rock band? I had the impression that was the case. If so, I am somewhat surprised at Gina's song choices. It seems like she could separate herself from the others if she could pull off the rocker chick thing.

Oh, and please remind me to skip the first 5 minutes next week. That group song was about as fun to watch as would be getting shot in the head.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 02:01 AM)
Did Ryan just say that Sanjaya was in the top four guys? That has to be a freakin joke!

I thought Paul was better than several of the other guys and had more potential. I wasn't sold on Rudy's performance, but would not have been surprised if he stayed. I think he really picked a bad song for him.

Alaina should have gone home tonight, but I think she got by on her looks. The two girls that went home were more on the plain side.

For those that have seen Catfight, is it not a rock band? I had the impression that was the case. If so, I am somewhat surprised at Gina's song choices. It seems like she could separate herself from the others if she could pull off the rocker chick thing.

Oh, and please remind me to skip the first 5 minutes next week. That group song was about as fun to watch as would be getting shot in the head.

wll paul kim- rudy cardenas

amy krebs- nicole tranquillo all gone

i figured 3 of the 4

Well, to further prove that they are behind it, this is from the site:

Sundance and Antoiletta are safe! This is awesome. If you believe DialIdol, Sundance had the most votes for guys and Antonella was in 2nd for the females behind LaKisha. Thank you SO much to everyone who voted, but don't rest on your laurels. We must vote even harder next week because America will be that much more pissed off. So vote twice as hard for both next week, let's get them to the top 12!

Well I predicted Sunjay would get to the final 12. He is the only teenage boy and about every Indian will proabably vote for him.

As for Antonella, I think she got votes for another reason:

http://www.derekhail.com/2007/02/21/antone...a-nude-pictures

Yes Gina Glockson needs to play the rocker chick to stick around among the other big girl voices. That Leslie dog-walker girl from Chicago will need help to get past another week.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 08:41 AM)
As for Antonella, I think she got votes for another reason:

http://www.derekhail.com/2007/02/21/antone...a-nude-pictures

These are nothing. There are pictures floating around, supposedly of her, giving an ex boyfriend oral pleasure. It's linked through Dlisted.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
These are nothing. There are pictures floating around, supposedly of her, giving an ex boyfriend oral pleasure. It's linked through Dlisted.

I saw them with his johnson blurred. If they are indeed her, Idol will have something to think about. If they are indeed wanting to keep a family image, they may have to get rid of her.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 07:13 PM)
I saw them with his johnson blurred. If they are indeed her, Idol will have something to think about. If they are indeed wanting to keep a family image, they may have to get rid of her.

If her singing doesn't get her kicked off (which it should have already) this will. Hell, even if the pictures are not of Antonella, other pictures provided on the site I viewed showed her desecrating a World War II memorial with a near-nude photoshot.

If this incident proves anything to future Idol contestants, it's to make sure you don't have anything in your past you'd rather forget. She'll have a tough time returning home after this crap.

Edited by Flash Tizzle