American Idol

retro1983hat

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
Has anyone ever heard that tape where Kasim freaks out about a dedication for a dead dog? Hilarious.

Yes, Sunjaya has all of Dell's tech support running auto dialers for him I think. The transvestite looking girl got screwed but my real problem is with Sanjaya making it. Did anyone notice that everyone that made the top 12 got a big group hug from the rest of the singers except him. They just looked at him and watched him take his seat and no one said a word or anything to him.

I hadn't thought about it, but you're right. The dude definitely doesn't fit.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO that Vote For The Worst is being effective, in that people now like voting for complete crap. That site was pushing Sundance, but the rest of the world knows how bad Sanjaya is. So I think it's a combo of people that actually like him and the people that are enjoying seeing him go on and on. Heck, now it's just hysterical. The judges are all but saying he sucks and should leave. EVERYBODY knows it, even the camera guys! LOL! I hope he keeps going now, just because it is pissing everybody off so much!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 9, 2007 -> 10:43 AM)
IMO that Vote For The Worst is being effective, in that people now like voting for complete crap. That site was pushing Sundance, but the rest of the world knows how bad Sanjaya is. So I think it's a combo of people that actually like him and the people that are enjoying seeing him go on and on. Heck, now it's just hysterical. The judges are all but saying he sucks and should leave. EVERYBODY knows it, even the camera guys! LOL! I hope he keeps going now, just because it is pissing everybody off so much!

It was rather hilarious how everyone reacted.

I wonder, though, is there a record of how many phone calls are processed by American Idol? What's to stop them from fabricating results or pushing up vote totals?

If Sanjaya were to win American Idol, their product is immediately under question. For this reason, it'll never happen. Even if everyone joined together. FOX strikes me as doing whatever is necessary to push their people. Articles on Vote For The Worst suggest as much.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Simon says he's going to quit if Sanjaya wins. Could this all be a crazy ploy to get ratings...or is this really happening? This really, really, really can't be good for Sanjaya mentally...can it??? Also, by Simon making this statement, he just got Sanjaya millions of extra votes! LOL! You just know everybody who hates the show is going to vote just to see if he really does quit. The kid will probably make the top 10 for sure now, which means he will be on the tour! I know who I am voting for now. :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
Simon says he's going to quit if Sanjaya wins. Could this all be a crazy ploy to get ratings...or is this really happening? This really, really, really can't be good for Sanjaya mentally...can it??? Also, by Simon making this statement, he just got Sanjaya millions of extra votes! LOL! You just know everybody who hates the show is going to vote just to see if he really does quit. The kid will probably make the top 10 for sure now, which means he will be on the tour! I know who I am voting for now. :D

I don't think Simon says anything specific just to get ratings. I think he says enough controversial stuff just being honest that ratings take care of themselves. I've been watching the first season and even back then he was calling a couple of the guys in the Top 10 losers, saying they did not belong in the same class as the others.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)

If Simon quit the show, I would never watch again. The show is hard enough to watch at times anyway with Paula on it, good god if the ying to her yang quit... Blech.

Take it or leave it, but I like Sanjaya.

Everyone hates him but to me hes got a nice kind of soothing voice. No hes not going to "put on a show" because of his lackluster shyness, and hes not the most exciting performer, but despite all that I like him. I dont know why so much critisizm for his latest performance of "waiting on the world to change" because I thought it was good.

He's boring and out of key more times than he isn't. He would be fine in a high school talent competition. That being said though, he isn't that much worse than the rest of the guys, and that Chris Richardson guy hits just as many bad notes as Sanjaya does. I've watched all of the seasons since season 2, and this is by far the most pathetic.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
Take it or leave it, but I like Sanjaya.

Everyone hates him but to me hes got a nice kind of soothing voice. No hes not going to "put on a show" because of his lackluster shyness, and hes not the most exciting performer, but despite all that I like him. I dont know why so much critisizm for his latest performance of "waiting on the world to change" because I thought it was good.

He has zero power to his voice. He sings like he is singing a lullaby. He has no stage presence. Seriously, compare him to the others and he pales in comparison, even the other mediocre ones.

He's a nice kid, with a big smile. But he never belonged in the top 24 in the first place, let alone the top 12.

Simon hit it right on the head tonight. There is Lakisha and Melinda and then there is everyone else.

I think the one impression I was left with tonight was a lot more respect for Blake after seeing the kid actually has real musical understanding. He seemed like a gimick guy, but after seeing his actually take and analyze a song and make changes to it by himself, gave me some respect for the kid. How many other contestants could have done that?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 07:32 AM)
Simon hit it right on the head tonight. There is Lakisha and Melinda and then there is everyone else.

I think the one impression I was left with tonight was a lot more respect for Blake after seeing the kid actually has real musical understanding. He seemed like a gimick guy, but after seeing his actually take and analyze a song and make changes to it by himself, gave me some respect for the kid. How many other contestants could have done that?

I agree, I liked Blake. His arrangment was meh (I'm not a huge electronica fan), but it was cool that he did it himself. And he's pretty good looking.

Is it just me, or did people seem to go out of their way tonight to pick really awful boring songs. It was a snoozefest. Anyway, according to Dial Idol the 1-2-3 are Melinda, LaKisha, and Sanjaya. Take it for what it's worth.

Personally, I think the bottom two should be Sanjaya and Haley. I thought Haley actually did the worst last night, should be interesting to see who goes home.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 08:12 AM)
I agree, I liked Blake. His arrangment was meh (I'm not a huge electronica fan), but it was cool that he did it himself. And he's pretty good looking.

Is it just me, or did people seem to go out of their way tonight to pick really awful boring songs. It was a snoozefest. Anyway, according to Dial Idol the 1-2-3 are Melinda, LaKisha, and Sanjaya. Take it for what it's worth.

Personally, I think the bottom two should be Sanjaya and Haley. I thought Haley actually did the worst last night, should be interesting to see who goes home.

The song wasn't my favorite or anything either, I was just impressed with the kid's ability to do it all himself. I don't ever remember seeing anyone on Idol ever try something like that. It speaks highly for his music IQ, and his knowledge of music history.

That's a solid bottom two IMO. I could also throw in the kid who went first with no problems.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 09:22 AM)
The song wasn't my favorite or anything either, I was just impressed with the kid's ability to do it all himself. I don't ever remember seeing anyone on Idol ever try something like that. It speaks highly for his music IQ, and his knowledge of music history.

That's a solid bottom two IMO. I could also throw in the kid who went first with no problems.

I don't even remember who went first. . .

Well, I do believe we are into the time of only one leaves. Sanjaya needs to leave, but Simons recent comments have secured Sanjaya for the top 10. Brandon was actually worse than Hayley, IMO. You can shape Hayley, whereas Barndon is just awkward.

I thought Blakes version was crap, but I give him the benefit of doubt due to them only being given a week. I'm pretty sure though that the arranging aspect is something that many of them do, but he is just an electronica geek so he uses computers. I myself would rearrange the crap out of a Ross tune, but would never think to use a computer.

Chris disappointed me due to his just turning a crappy song into a crappy cover of Coldplay.

Melinda just rocks.

Lakisha, eh, good singer, but she bugs me for some reason.

Gina. Blah.

I think Brandon is going home because he went first, sang poorly and forgot the lyrics.

People voting for Sanjaya are just sadists because he is bascially going to get abused every week for being so terrible.

Gina needs to do more.

Haley I think will make it another week because she cried and showed some personality by calling herself a shmuck. I thought it was funny and it doesn't hurt that she is easy on the eyes.

Personally I like Blake because he is unique and I like Jordin better than LaKisha and Melinda. Please, someone prove to me that Melinda isn't 46 years old.

Take this for what its worth because theres no source or links.

My aunt sent me an email saying that she heard on the radio that Howard Stern actually likes Sanjaya. He claims it to not be a joke against voting for the worst, but who knows nowadays. Apparently hes launched a "vote for sanjaya" campaign and has a huge following voting for sanjaya which could partly contribute to why hes so far ahead this week in voting above all the guys

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 10:43 AM)
Take this for what its worth because theres no source or links.

My aunt sent me an email saying that she heard on the radio that Howard Stern actually likes Sanjaya. He claims it to not be a joke against voting for the worst, but who knows nowadays. Apparently hes launched a "vote for sanjaya" campaign and has a huge following voting for sanjaya which could partly contribute to why hes so far ahead this week in voting above all the guys

I can't imagine Howard Stern acting as if truly believes something when it is actually blatant self-promotion.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 09:03 AM)
Sanjaya still alive, but its getting ridiculous. I feel bad for the dude because its almost like the whole american idol crew looks at him like hes a piece of s*** for eliminating the other contestants. Hes gotta feel so uncomfortable.

Well when you are a no-talent ass clown, whose very presence means that someone much more talented is gone, you are probably going to get some dirty looks. He should feel uncomfortable, as he does not belong there. Heck they dude shouldn't have made the final 24 let alone 12.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
Well when you are a no-talent ass clown, whose very presence means that someone much more talented is gone, you are probably going to get some dirty looks. He should feel uncomfortable, as he does not belong there. Heck they dude shouldn't have made the final 24 let alone 12.

Well hes only 17, plus whats the kid supose to do? Its not like hes up there bragging about being the best.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)

Which is why he's staying... and probably for a long time.

BTW, what's the theme for next week?