American Idol

retro1983hat

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
Age doesn't matter. The Sparks girl is only 17 and she doesn't completely suck.

It's not his fault he got put through into the top 24 when he didn't deserve. I blame the judges and the producers far more for this for even putting him through.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
Age doesn't matter. The Sparks girl is only 17 and she doesn't completely suck.

Im not saying age matters are far as the singing goes, I just mean based on the entire broadcast shooting him down and making an ass out of him week after week on national tv just because hes getting voted to stay and they dont want him to. Id say the same thing if it was happening to Jordin.

To elaborate on my above statement, he’s getting voted to stay so to the judges, they should lay off him a little. If the judges didn’t like his performance then fine that’s fair. Nothing wrong with giving him some criticism, but with this kid they take it overboard. I mean if its a bad performance fine, say he wasn’t vocally good, and it was a bad performance you don’t have to punk the kid out on national TV with that whole screaming whale comment and saying how he’s only there because of his hair and how he belongs on a high school musical. Hell Diana Ross sounded like complete s*** yesterday and I don’t see her getting punked out.

Howard Stern is goofing on him. Eric the Midget called in and asked people to stop voting for him so he can get off, and to goof on Eric Howard said maybe people should vote to keep him on. Today he mentioned it again and said people should vote to keep him on as a joke.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
Ugh, Sanjaya is grating on me. Even so, not a surprise that Brandon went home.

Look for hopefully Sanjaya next week or at worst the week after. Idol will do something before April to get him out.

You can tell Idol is already trying with the words they use and how they bring sanjaya to the last two every week. Maybe he really was second to last in voting for last nights show, but on 2 seperate websites I read he was in the top 4 so im not sure if Idol is just trying to pull something.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
Howard Stern if goofing on him. Eric the Midget called in and asked people to stop voting for him so he can get off, and to goof on Eric Howard said maybe people should vote to keep him on. Today he mentioned it again and said people should vote to keep him on as a joke.

Yea I heard that too. Pretty messed up. Makes me feel even worse for the kid because he seems, character wise, like a pretty cool kid. I personally like his style although he should probably speak up a little more so I hope someone out there gives him a chance after he finally gets eliminated.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 11:04 AM)
To elaborate on my above statement, he’s getting voted to stay so to the judges, they should lay off him a little. If the judges didn’t like his performance then fine that’s fair. Nothing wrong with giving him some criticism, but with this kid they take it overboard. I mean if its a bad performance fine, say he wasn’t vocally good, and it was a bad performance you don’t have to punk the kid out on national TV with that whole screaming whale comment and saying how he’s only there because of his hair and how he belongs on a high school musical. Hell Diana Ross sounded like complete s*** yesterday and I don’t see her getting punked out.

They will pretty much slam anyone who has a bad night on this show. The difference is that this guy has a bad night, every night he was out there. I don't care who put him on there, it really screws the people who have left when someone who couldn't carry their jocks get to stay for whatever reason.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
They will pretty much slam anyone who has a bad night on this show. The difference is that this guy has a bad night, every night he was out there. I don't care who put him on there, it really screws the people who have left when someone who couldn't carry their jocks get to stay for whatever reason.

Maybe I have a horrible taste, and maybe im blinded by biasness, but I thought his performance this past week and 3 weeks ago "waiting on the world" were pretty good. No they were not vocal range masterpeices, but I like his style for some reason. Despite being low pitched, hes always in pitch and has a soothing voice. Maybe he is out of his league for what they are looking for with absolute tremendous range and energetic singing, but to say he absolutly sucks and cannot sing is abserd in my eyes.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
Maybe I have a horrible taste, and maybe im blinded by biasness, but I thought his performance this past week and 3 weeks ago "waiting on the world" were pretty good. No they were not vocal range masterpeices, but I like his style for some reason. Despite being low pitched, hes always in pitch and has a soothing voice. Maybe he is out of his league for what they are looking for with absolute tremendous range and energetic singing, but to say he absolutly sucks and cannot sing is abserd in my eyes.

Its kinda like saying any major league athlete sucks. Compared to you and I, he is way better, as compared to the rest of the finalists, he sucks. I know it seems to be tradition, and probably on purpose, where they bring one person who just absolutely does not belong with the rest, and this year it is Sanjaya. He needs to go, and the sooner the better.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)

Your blinded by your bias. He is so far away from everyone else on that show. Simon said it sounded like wailing, not that he sounded like a screaming whale, either way, that isn't even close to the nasty things Simon has said to past contestants.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)
Your blinded by your bias. He is so far away from everyone else on that show. Simon said it sounded like wailing, not that he sounded like a screaming whale, either way, that isn't even close to the nasty things Simon has said to past contestants.

I think Simon said that Diana Ross would wail when she heard Sanjaya's rendition of the song.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
There was also the red-headed Sinatra style singer a couple of years ago, and Chicken Little last year.

The red headed guy released an album, called Red, and it is actually very good. It's of the crooner variety, but he nailed it down.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:47 PM)
The red headed guy released an album, called Red, and it is actually very good. It's of the crooner variety, but he nailed it down.

The studio must have really cleaned him up, because he was not that good on the show. I actually really like the old crooners and old jazz, and he is not even in the same area code.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
The studio must have really cleaned him up, because he was not that good on the show. I actually really like the old crooners and old jazz, and he is not even in the same area code.

Check it out. I can't remember his name, but you can hear most of it on his website.

Eh, I'm quick:

http://www.maverick.com/johnstevens/

For the heck of it I went and youtubed sanjaya's waiting on the world performance. I liked it even better this time around than I did originally. I guess with this kid its just hit or miss. Either you love him or hate him. Either you like his style or you dont.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z_XAlTQwdKQ

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 15, 2007 -> 10:44 AM)
It's not his fault he got put through into the top 24 when he didn't deserve. I blame the judges and the producers far more for this for even putting him through.

I agree completely. He should have never been put in this position. So Simon can slam him all he wants, but it is ultimately the judges fault for it. He is a likeable kid, just not an elite singer.

I also agree w/ Kid Gleason in that I am not enamored with LaKisha. I am not saying she reminds me of Fantasia, but she is like Fantasia to me in that I am not a big fan while she is getting admiration seemingly from everyone else. I like Melinda much better. Blake, who I could not stand at first, is growing on me. I like Chris, but don't think he has a chance to win it. I could get into Gina if she would keep the rocker chick thing going.

Let's keep Haley around for another week or three. She is the only really nice thing to look at. Sorry if that sounds like I am objectifying her, but she is the one sporting the nice cleavage!

Lastly, someone mentioned the songs this week were all kind of blah. Of course they were. They were all Diana Ross songs. While she sang some nice songs for the time, how many guys are going to sound good covering Diana Ross? The judges told both Chris and Blake they changed things too much and should have let the lyrics of the songs speak for themselves. I say that's BS. If they would have sang those to songs straight up, they would have gotten blasted. Endless Love was not a song written for a guy like Chris to sing. If there is a better Diana Ross song out there for him, I don't know what it would be.

Um, I missed that week when Sanjaya sang "Waiting on the World to Change," but it was god-awful at points. I think that performance made me hate him even more b/c I could do just as good of a job (seriously).

All I have to say is that Sanjaya sucks for American Idol. I mean, he'd be good in a school musical or something, but not a competition like this.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 11:31 AM)
for all the sanjaya haters out there check this out.

http://downloads.americanidol.com/

Preview a few of them, and preview his. They are CD quality mp3s from this past week performances. He is better than people give him credit for.

You know, I did wonder while watching the show whether the producers somehow tampered with his performance. Didn't it just sound a little too soft? And there were several moments where the sound appeared muffled when Sanjaya and the judges were talking.

Not that it changes a whole lot, really. He still deserves to be kicked off. I just feel last week was an example of AI producting their product and making sure Sanjaya sounded as poorly as possible.

Edited by Flash Tizzle