American Idol

retro1983hat

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 09:26 AM)
Last night was definitely a stinker.

Look for Lakisha to be in trouble. Again Haley is using what she has to get by. Sanjaya is not really part of the rest of the competition anymore. He is on his own tangent and is not affected by the other contestants.

That's funny you say that, because I was thinking the samething last night. I don't even waste my time caring about what he does, because even if he gave the worst preformance ever, it wouldn't matter.

a few quick comments from me;

-According to dialdiol everyone is in danger tonight except for Blake

-Haley was by far the worst.

-I thought phil did alright, until his voice cracked. Depends how much people are bothered by that momentary mistake.

-Blake stole the show. Easily the best performance of the night, maybe of the season.

-Lakisha is on the bottom of dial idol, although thats no promise shes gone unfortunatly, since Haley was in that spot last week.

-Sanjaya did well vocally in my opinion. Not my taste in music so its not something I can go back on, download and enjoy like I did with bathwater and waiting on the world.

-Tonights result show is 1 hour

-Chris Richardson is getting a lot of negitive reviews from websites and people at work, but I actually like his performance.

-Melinda....same ol same ol. Great voice, but just does nothing for me.

-Jordin...well, it was quite forgetable and hopefully wont cost her, but she is 2nd to last on dialidol predictions.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
a few quick comments from me;

-According to dialdiol everyone is in danger tonight except for Blake

-Haley was by far the worst.

-I thought phil did alright, until his voice cracked. Depends how much people are bothered by that momentary mistake.

-Blake stole the show. Easily the best performance of the night, maybe of the season.

-Lakisha is on the bottom of dial idol, although thats no promise shes gone unfortunatly, since Haley was in that spot last week.

-Sanjaya did well vocally in my opinion. Not my taste in music so its not something I can go back on, download and enjoy like I did with bathwater and waiting on the world.

-Tonights result show is 1 hour

-Chris Richardson is getting a lot of negitive reviews from websites and people at work, but I actually like his performance.

-Melinda....same ol same ol. Great voice, but just does nothing for me.

-Jordin...well, it was quite forgetable and hopefully wont cost her, but she is 2nd to last on dialidol predictions.

I guess it was just me then but i was far from impressed with Blake last night. Don't get me wrong....i have liked everything he's done so far and wasn't near the worst last night but I didn't like his song. (I do like the Marc Anthony version). I think Phil will continue to ride his wave into the bottom three and off the show tongight. Though if it was Haley i wouldn't be too surprised.

Well I got some information on whos leaving tonight. I cannot say its 100% because nothing like this ever is, but this guy has been right in predicting elimination since the top 12, including both Chris Sligh and Gina last week. Has also predicted the song selections before the show has gone on the air. I dont want to spoil it for anyone though so ill put it much much lower in this post.

::::Spoiler:::::

If the source is correct, which he has been for the past month....Lakisha will be going home tonight.

:::end spoiler:::

Conspiracy or not, I think she lacks personality and especially "charm". She has the voice, but that is about it. I don't think she has warmed herself to the audience at all, and I would bet that is why Ryan asked her what her motivation for trying out for the show was. They were playing the sympathy card to remind us about her being a single parent.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:34 PM)
Conspiracy or not, I think she lacks personality and especially "charm". She has the voice, but that is about it. I don't think she has warmed herself to the audience at all, and I would bet that is why Ryan asked her what her motivation for trying out for the show was. They were playing the sympathy card to remind us about her being a single parent.

When Fantasia was on a few seasons ago, i was stunned at how often she and the show dropped the fact she was a single parent. Heck...i think the last three or four shows her son was shown on camera. I would think a single mom wouldn't 'play' in middle america but i guess i was wrong.

Also...if above spoiler is correct i would be happy about tonight's show. There would be no loss of personality for the show

QUOTE(juddling @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
When Fantasia was on a few seasons ago, i was stunned at how often she and the show dropped the fact she was a single parent. Heck...i think the last three or four shows her son was shown on camera. I would think a single mom wouldn't 'play' in middle america but i guess i was wrong.

Also...if above spoiler is correct i would be happy about tonight's show. There would be no loss of personality for the show

I actually seem to remember there being controversy about that. I think at one point people were calling for Fantasia to quit the show. I might be remembering wrong though. . .

Haley showed tonight she can still be eye candy even with a lot of clothes on. I thought Simon's comment last night was total hypocrisy. If anyone saw (or is watching on Rewind) the first season, the girls that year wore less clothes than ever. Between Tamyra Gray, Christina Christian (smokin!), Ryan Starr and even Kelly Clarkson, there wasn't a show that at least 2 of them wasn't showing major skin. It was all halter's and midriff. Don't get me wrong, all of them were pretty solid in that category and had it to show off.

But they did nothing to quell all of the skin that season, so why bust on Haley now just because she is the only one that can get away with it. She was by no means the best singer and was due to go soon, if not tonight, but I just thought how they let things play out was disrespectful to her.

Off of Haley and on to last night's show....

-- Was I the only one that thought Chris' performance of Smooth absolutely blew? I could not believe the judges were complimenting him for that mess.

-- The latin songs were tough and overall there were no real great performances. I did think Blake was pretty good and I thought Melinda was solid as usual. LaKisha was eh. I wasn't buying the sexy dancin' that goes with that song. The performer has to fit the performance and that did not fit last night.

-- At this point, I think Jordin is going to give Melinda and possibly Blake a run for their money to the end. I really think those three are the only ones that have a realistic shot to win the thing.

The bottom 3 were no surprise when you saw how they were laid out, and there was no surprise with who they sent back, and who was voted off.

Getting rid of Haley was a good move. You can tell the show is all of the sudden changed their tune and is totally playing into the Sanjaya thing. I really don't think there is a bigger whore of a TV show in America, than American Idol.

Yes AI is totally falling in love with all the Sanjaya love. In my opinion, at the detrement of the show.

A guy called Brandmeier this morning to talk about how Gina Glockson was given the key to Naperville. The caller then said he wanted to give Haley the key to his house.

Oh and a final note, did anyone notice that when Haley went over to say goodbye to the other contestants at the end of her song, that only the guys came over to say goodbye and hug her. None of the girls did.

Edited by retro1983hat

Thank God country music week will be over tonight.

Brutal. Other than Something to Talk About, I only barely recognized the Carrie Underwood song.

Jordin (looked like she wore drapes from Howard Johnsons) and Melinda (no neck) were best.

Sanjaya was of course the worst. Which means he will stay.

Bad performance by sanjaya. I was just shaking my head after he finally finished and it went to a commercial because I knew how bad it was. After going back and rewatching it I thought he started out good, but he really butchered the chorus a few times. It was too kareoke (sp?). However, just like "aint no mountain high enough" Im willing to bet his studio recorded version thats released tonight on americanidol.com will probably be pretty good (at least to my standards). I figure he'll be eliminated tonight because I voted a few times and got ZERO busy signals (usually theres tons), but im not jumping off the wagon and I really hope he stays another week.

Melinda and Lakisha I just dont care about. They do nothing for me. Jordin is good, but similar to sanjaya's hatred from people, everyone at work and my family is hyping Jordin so much that its getting on my nerves and Im rooting against her for that reason alone. Phil I thought stole the show. Coming from a country fan he did really good. I really liked Blakes performance as well. Richardson is really take it or leave it. Wasnt the best, wasnt the worst.

As for the recorded stuff, don't forget that Sanjaya probably gets run through computers and there is pitch control all over that stuff. He and Robinson are the two that REALLY need the pitch control.

Last night was terrible. I am soooo bored by that show. I hardly pay attention at all now. But the family all sits together, so it's now more ritual than enjoyment. Nobody even watches the TV. It's just on in the background.

Somebody on another board pointed out that Melinda looks like a Morlock from the original movie version of The Time Machine.

I thought the judges were pretty much spot on Tuesday night. Phil, Melinda and Jordin were the best three with Blake doing okay. Everybody else was pretty much so-so at best.

LaKisha is waning fast, as evidenced by her appearance in the bottom 3 tonight. She shouted her song last night, rather than singing it.

Chris Richardson needs to go soon. He hasn't been good for a few weeks (his performance of Smooth last week, while liked by the judges for whatever reason, really sucked!). I think he is limited in the types of songs he can do well with.

Does anyone really understand what they are doing next week with the Idol Gives Back thing? Are they taking a break from the competition for a week? They said tonight it will be a two-night event. I'm a bit confused on what the deal is with that.

I really think the only three that have a shot at winning are Melinda, Jordin and Blake. I am beginning to like Jordin more and more each week and feel like they are packaging her in preparation for the finals.