American Idol

retro1983hat

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:45 PM)
I vote this as worst post of the year.

Seconded.

I didn't even consider watching last night. After the boredom that was Tuesday night on this show, even my daughter is done with Idol this season. Tuesday was probably the last I will actually pay attention to the show.

Well it certainly looks like Melinda and Jordin have set themselves apart from the rest of the pack.

Blake was so boring last night on Imagine. I just can't see anyone other than John Lennon singing that song.

Oh and how over the top was Ryan Seacrest last night. "Your vote, could be the most important phone call you ever make."

Easy Hollywood Boy!

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Well it certainly looks like Melinda and Jordin have set themselves apart from the rest of the pack.

Blake was so boring last night on Imagine. I just can't see anyone other than John Lennon singing that song.

Oh and how over the top was Ryan Seacrest last night. "Your vote, could be the most important phone call you ever make."

Easy Hollywood Boy!

Something just seemed like it was missing last night. I cant seem to put my finger on it though.....

My house has bailed on it. My daughter was relieved when I said I didn't want to watch it. So, we turned on the Wii and spent a night playing each other in baseball and bowling, then we read for an hour. It was so much more enjoyable.

I had a feeling Ryan would be on the "we are saviors" kick.

Well last night's results show was a complete waste of my time. Unfortunately the Sox game also sucked so it was a lose-lose for me. That and I fell asleep during Lost. I'll have to watch that on DVR.

But back to AI. The Celine Dion - Elvis Presley duet was creepy, weird and bad. Ohhh how last night's show sucked!

The night turned out better than I thought it would, considering who the contestants were. If they would have done it any of the last few years, with some of the superior guy talent, it would have been a great night.

Anyways, its hard to tell who is going home, because of the holdover week, but Jordin was by far the worst preformer last night. Chris Richardson was also just awful. The Divas were surprisingly good, as I thought this would be a horrible week for them. Phil Stacey also had a pretty good week, but this genre is taylor made for him. I didn't know what to think of Blake. His style totally isn't my thing, but I give him props for the talent he has.

I was also pleasantly surprised by last night (filler before Veronica Mars, woo!). Blake was my favorite and that dark dye job--yum! I wouldn't kick him out of my bed for eating crackers! (I must say he looks almost exactly like Jason Bateman now.)

Hopefully Chris Richardson will go home--I get that vibe from him that he thinks he's all that, and he's not even a quarter of that. Hopefully one bad week won't send Jordan packing.

QUOTE(Soxy @ May 2, 2007 -> 08:25 AM)
I was also pleasantly surprised by last night (filler before Veronica Mars, woo!). Blake was my favorite and that dark dye job--yum! I wouldn't kick him out of my bed for eating crackers! (I must say he looks almost exactly like Jason Bateman now.)

Hopefully Chris Richardson will go home--I get that vibe from him that he thinks he's all that, and he's not even a quarter of that. Hopefully one bad week won't send Jordan packing.

I think Jordin will be safe based on the fact that she was great last week and those votes will be added to this weeks. Phil was OK. Lakisha was good and so was Melinda. Chris was nasally and how do you go to your session with JBJ and not know the words to Dead or Alive?

Blake was unique and he has the most overall musical talent of the group, not necessarily singing talent though. I like the performance but my wife made me rewind it 4 times.

Jason Bateman, huh? All I know is that Jason Bateman was the star of the greatest sitcom ever .... It's Your Move from the mid-1980s.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:53 AM)
I think Jordin will be safe based on the fact that she was great last week and those votes will be added to this weeks. Phil was OK. Lakisha was good and so was Melinda. Chris was nasally and how do you go to your session with JBJ and not know the words to Dead or Alive?

Blake was unique and he has the most overall musical talent of the group, not necessarily singing talent though. I like the performance but my wife made me rewind it 4 times.

Jason Bateman, huh? All I know is that Jason Bateman was the star of the greatest sitcom ever .... It's Your Move from the mid-1980s.

Close... Arrested Development :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
Is that what the music was last night? Bon Jovi??? Good Lord...what Hell has been unleashed on this earth???

Oh jeez, is it still fashionable to hate on Bon Jovi 20 years later? Hate to say it, these guys have endured and are considered classic rock just as much as Aerosmith. They never considered themselves among the same groups as Poison, Winger and Warrant.