American Idol

retro1983hat

No comments from last night yet?

Gwen Steffani was kind of a fun mentor for them. I like the fact that she didn't pull any punches like most of the guests do. Plus that look she had last night was HOT. She needs to ditch that grungy thing, and stick with this!

On to the preformances.

I think Gina was the one who stood out last night as having a great night. She is either way up, or way down depending on what song she chooses to sing.

Paula finally said something intelligent last night, probably for the first time since about season 2, and that was about Sanjaya. She hit it right on the head when she said he needs to "go for it". He sings in this tiny little range, and he sounds so pathetic next to the others who actually try to do something big. He was still by far the worst singer last night.

Phil Stacey also gave a great preformance last night, and sounded a lot like Sting with that Police song.

Chris Sligh was terrible last night. He was all over the place.

Haley is just lucky she is good looking.

Melinda and Lakisha did their usual bang up jobs.

Jordin's preformance was great last night. It was lots of fun, and I think I liked her version better than Stefani's.

Chris Richardson bores me to death, and I have no idea what people see in him. He is very mediocre and limited.

Blake had an off week too, as the arrangement he chose was boring, and put no range into it. It didn't show him off at all.

Bottom 3 should be Sanjaya, Haley, and Chris Sligh.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to figure out what everybody heard in LaKisha last night. I thought she blew. I love how it was a night to do "Gwen Style" stuff, and LaKisha and Melinda were able to both do Donna Summers??? Come on.

Phil sounds like a cross between whoever he is covering and Michael Bolton.

Chris Sligh sucked eggs.

Blake bored the pee out of me. He left out all the vocal coolness that Robert Smith uses to make The Cure interesting, and I am not a Cure fan.

My wife likes Chris Richardson a bunch, I have no idea why.

Her fave though is Jordin. I thought she started out terrible, and finally found her way. She sounded winded in the beginning.

Hayley is a full package. She can sing well enough, and she looks great. In this day and age she is a decent enough singer that it really doesn't matter if she is a great singer.

I don't think Blake has a huge future as a singer. That guy will leave the show and become one of the more sought after producers/arrangers out there. He's shown a good skill in these shows. Imagine what he could do with anything more than a week to prepare and execute.

Sanjaya doesn't deserve comment.

Allright, Sanjaya is just F-ing with everyone now to see how bad he can be and still be safe.

I have heard from several people that are just about done watching the show if Sanjaya goes any further.

LaKisha and Melinda need to start to pick different songs. All this hip songs and they take Donna Summer. I'd much rather see Jordin win than those two.

Gina was fine, but I think she should have possibly picked a more upbeat song.

Fro Chris couldn't stay with the music.

I thought Haley and Sanjaya both did very well, but clearly im all by my lonesome there. Haley is amazingly gorgeous, but I still like her vocals even if im just listening to her without visuals.

Sanjaya is to the point where nobody is ever going to give him the benifit of the doubt. He could be on key and have great rhytm like he did last night with the chorus and everyone jsut talks about how mellow pitched he sounds and how stupid his hair was. I thought he did well.

This was the first time for me that I liked Richardson's performance. Blake bored the hell out of me. Im not even going to comment on Lakisha or Melinda because they are just not my style and I get easily annoyed with that and their horrendously bad looks. Jordin I thought did extreamly well considering the song she choose.

As for chris sligh, I guess it wasnt his best performance, but I love his song choices. Id rather listen to him sing a good song, that I know rather than the crap Lakisha and Melinda keep singing.

That leaves Phil and Gina. I thought they both did "alright", but according to the judges they raised their stock with great great performances. I honestly didnt see how, but its all opinion based.

The bottom two will be Sligh and Haley tonight.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

I should add, I thought Sanjaya's song choice was brilliant if it was symbollic.

Pretty much meant I know you don't like me as much as the others and feel I don't belong, but I still love you! He is even willing to wallow in our "old bathwater" He likes to think he is loved best of all. http://www.thelyricarchive.com/lyrics/bathwater.shtml

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
I thought Haley and Sanjaya both did very well, but clearly im all by my lonesome there. Haley is amazingly gorgeous, but I still like her vocals even if im just listening to her without visuals.

Sanjaya is to the point where nobody is ever going to give him the benifit of the doubt. He could be on key and have great rhytm like he did last night with the chorus and everyone jsut talks about how mellow pitched he sounds and how stupid his hair was. I thought he did well.

This was the first time for me that I liked Richardson's performance. Blake bored the hell out of me. Im not even going to comment on Lakisha or Melinda because they are just not my style and I get easily annoyed with that and their horrendously bad looks. Jordin I thought did extreamly well considering the song she choose.

As for chris sligh, I guess it wasnt his best performance, but I love his song choices. Id rather listen to him sing a good song, that I know rather than the crap Lakisha and Melinda keep singing.

That leaves Phil and Gina. I thought they both did "alright", but according to the judges they raised their stock with great great performances. I honestly didnt see how, but its all opinion based.

The bottom two will be Sligh and Haley tonight.

I thought Sanjaya was so horrible. His voice was all over the place. It sounded like Peter when he was going through puberty in the Brady Bunch. I also think it's a bit of a stretch to think there was any symbolic meaning in Sanjaya singing that song. I mean the song is about a girl wanting/dating the "bad boy" player type of guy who's been with a bunch of other girls.

You give the dude way to much credit, but to each his own. Hopefully he comes out with an album for you.

I missed Gina but I heard she did pretty good. I thought Jordin was the best of the bunch last night. I like that she is good and has fun.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

Chris Sligh is gone, which is kinda too bad. I liked his personality, but there is no denying he sucked this last week. Its too bad Haley and Sanjaya are still on the show because it literally makes it unwatchable. It is a complete joke. Mark my words, this vote for the worst stuff is going to be the beginning of the end for Idol. This season is just terrible.

Wow, Hayley makes it unwatchable? I wish somebody would tell me what is so much worse about her than 99% of the other crap that passes for "Pop". She's good looking, has a decent voice and lacks any form of real excitement. To me, she is EXACTLY what this show wants to have as the winner. Somebody who is workable in the studio, and somebody who can be shaped by all the "handlers". Sounds like the perfect Pop star to me.

Sligh's personality at first was what won me over. As the time has gone on, his mediocre voice and personality REALLY started to wear on me. The only problem I have with his leaving is that the crap still remains. But in all reality I will never in a million years buy/download any release from an AI personality, so what do I care about this show and it's integrity (which it never had in the first place)? It's just a train wreck with some odd charm to it.

Edited by Kid Gleason

Face it kids, who do you think will end up selling more albums: Sanjaya or LaKisha? Hayley or LaKisha? This is about commercial music, Pop music. LaKisha will have a longer career, no doubt. BUT in the short term, which is all the major labels care about, Sanjaya and Hayley will sell craploads more albums. The record label is praying for one of those two to win. Simon's desire for respect wants LaKisha, but his bankbook wants Sanjaya. This is why the producers won't step in.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 09:32 AM)
I thought Sanjaya was so horrible. His voice was all over the place. It sounded like Peter when he was going through puberty in the Brady Bunch.

Sha na na na na.

I'm sure you could have found a different, less offensive reference. Mods, ban this guy.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 02:02 PM)
Face it kids, who do you think will end up selling more albums: Sanjaya or LaKisha? Hayley or LaKisha? This is about commercial music, Pop music. LaKisha will have a longer career, no doubt. BUT in the short term, which is all the major labels care about, Sanjaya and Hayley will sell craploads more albums. The record label is praying for one of those two to win. Simon's desire for respect wants LaKisha, but his bankbook wants Sanjaya. This is why the producers won't step in.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Haley, maybe, but Sanjaya will sell more albums then any other that's left?

LaKisha will have a longer career, no doubt. BUT in the short term, which is all the major labels care about, Sanjaya and Hayley will sell craploads more albums.

I said LaKisha. I would bet that most of the remaining will outsell LaKisha. Honestly, in the world of Pop looks do have A LOT to do with it. Everybody attacks Simon for his brutal honesty, but why is Clay selling far more than Ruben? Clay had a radical make-over and is a pretty big success. Plus, in all honesty, that lisp of LaKisha's isn't doing her any favors. Sligh had one also.

Well last night, the judges didn't even know what to say about Sanjaya.

As usual, Melinda, Lakisha and Jordin were the top three.

Gina might have a problem tonight because she was forgetable.

I think Phil will go home tonight though.

I thought Haley actually sang and performed very well. And she was definitely not forgetable. MMMM!

Like most people i think that Melissa is the one to beat hands down, but if this continues i really like Jordin's chances. She keeps hitting those big notes perfectly and she could sneak up and win this thing. LaKisha, in my opinion, is slowly falling backwards. Not that she can't turn it around but she has impressed me less and less..though she will probably make the final 4 easily.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 06:40 AM)
Well last night, the judges didn't even know what to say about Sanjaya.

As usual, Melinda, Lakisha and Jordin were the top three.

Gina might have a problem tonight because she was forgetable.

I think Phil will go home tonight though.

I thought Haley actually sang and performed very well. And she was definitely not forgetable. MMMM!

Phil goes.

Sanjaya and Haley are the two I root for each week - for vastly different reasons. When they go, so do I.

Anybody else think LaKisha comes across like a total b*tch? You just know she is moving into Diva world ASAP. I've grown really tired of her and her damn speech impediment. Why is it that all of the "weighty" contestants have one? Ruben had one, Chris Sligh had it, am I the only one who hears it? She'll need a singing coach to overcome it, IMO. But she hits those BIG notes, so the judges love her.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 4, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
Anybody else think LaKisha comes across like a total b*tch? You just know she is moving into Diva world ASAP. I've grown really tired of her and her damn speech impediment. Why is it that all of the "weighty" contestants have one? Ruben had one, Chris Sligh had it, am I the only one who hears it? She'll need a singing coach to overcome it, IMO. But she hits those BIG notes, so the judges love her.

I think that early "Simon" love has gone to her head. Melissa Doolittle still looks shocked and surprised when the judges say something good about her. LaKisha looks like she expects raves and will probably run down there and swallow Simon whole if he says anything bad about her.

:bang