American Idol

retro1983hat

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:53 AM)
Oh jeez, is it still fashionable to hate on Bon Jovi 20 years later? Hate to say it, these guys have endured and are considered classic rock just as much as Aerosmith. They never considered themselves among the same groups as Poison, Winger and Warrant.

I loathed them in '86, and I still do. I don't care if it is "fashonable". If I think they suck and have always sucked, I don't give a rats ass what anybody else thinks. If you haven't caught on by now, I couldn't care less what the world thinks is "good" or "bad" and I have no time in my life to like something or dislike something just because I should.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 2, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
I loathed them in '86, and I still do. I don't care if it is "fashonable". If I think they suck and have always sucked, I don't give a rats ass what anybody else thinks. If you haven't caught on by now, I couldn't care less what the world thinks is "good" or "bad" and I have no time in my life to like something or dislike something just because I should.

I just never understood the "if it's popular it must suck argument." I remember when Pearl Jam or Metallica first came out and some of my friends loved them and then after they became mega stars said they didn't like them anymore. This is like Sox fans that don't like the fact that more people are going to the games now. I suppose people said it about the Beatles and the Rolling Stones as well. Doesn't mean they suck, just different tastes. Personally I have no idea what the popularity of Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead or Bob Dylan is, but to each their own.

It has nothing to do with popularity, trust me. I just can't stand them. Never could. I know they are not the same as Poison and Warrant, trust me, I know. Notice the "title" under my avatar, then take a look at my magazine. I kind of understand the genre.

Edited by Kid Gleason

nevermind, i guess we get to see it when the rest of the country does.

So Phil's gone... that sucks, I actually thought he was halfway decent.

So Chris, Blake or Jordin goes.

I actually think Jordin might go.

LAst night's losers were easy to predict and although I thought he was the worst of the bunch, I kind of felt bad about Phil leaving. He seemed like a genuinely good guy and went and hugged his fellow sailors, wife, the judges and contestants during his last song.

I hope it's Jordin vs. Blake in the finale.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 3, 2007 -> 08:36 AM)
LAst night's losers were easy to predict and although I thought he was the worst of the bunch, I kind of felt bad about Phil leaving. He seemed like a genuinely good guy and went and hugged his fellow sailors, wife, the judges and contestants during his last song.

I been hoping for a Jordin Blake finale for the last month.

I bet LaKisha goes home next week. The end will be Jordin Vs. Morlock. Blake will survive another week by getting the "he's good" votes and the "last hot guy standing" votes.

Blake is probably felling a little out of place at the AI house for the next few weeks I would guess.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 9, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
Last night completely blew. They all sucked. Bad night for BeeGees tunes. My pick: LaKisha to go.

Is there ever a good night for BeeGees tunes?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 10, 2007 -> 09:25 AM)
All I saw last night was when Barry Gibb came out to sing. Holy flaming monkies from Hell was that bad!!!

It was everything I expected it to be. My sister and I were on the phone with each other in hysterics laughing it was so bad.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 3, 2007 -> 08:36 AM)

I know I am a week late here, but I thought Phil's exit song was the classiest goodbye I have seen since the show began. He seemed to be genuinely enjoying the moment and soaking it all in. I thought he was getting stronger each week.

All three were just OK for me last night.

I would prefer to see Jordin vs. Blake next week, but it will probably be Doolittle for sure in the finale.

I really wanted Jordin to sing a song from after she was born. And I just don't like Melinda. She just isn't a star.

Jordin had the worst night of anyone, but at this stage that doesn't really matter as much. Personally I think Blake is the one person who you can pencil into the final, as the two girls will split the vote somewhat. Melinda had the best night, I thought, even though I think she will be the least popular of all of them when it comes to the pop scene.

She might be the least likely to be a "Pop Star", but she will have the best longevity I would bet. Jordin oir Blake will eventually find their ways into other aspects of the entertainment industry. I could see Blake being a producer and Jordin getting into acting. But Melinda will still be singing in 50 years. She comes across as a singer first and foremost, and really that is it. She's the only one that seems like that is what she was meant to do.

I was disappointed to see Melinda leave tonight, but it didn't surprise me. I just can't grow to like Blake. I know he is talented, but not enough to be the winner.

Jordin will win this thing.

Can't say this season was nearly as strong as past seasons.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ May 17, 2007 -> 04:10 AM)
I was disappointed to see Melinda leave tonight, but it didn't surprise me. I just can't grow to like Blake. I know he is talented, but not enough to be the winner.

Jordin will win this thing.

Can't say this season was nearly as strong as past seasons.

Jordin >>>>>>>>>> Taylor Hicks.

That is all.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
I think she will actually have pretty solid commericial success too. She is much more like what you hear on the charts today.

Exactly, which is why at the end of the day, Melinda got voted off.

Melinda will get her success... but she doesn't have the range that Jordin will have (has) .

I will predict that Jordin will be one of the biggest Idols ever, should she win, if only because she has so much upside.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 17, 2007 -> 07:28 AM)
Exactly, which is why at the end of the day, Melinda got voted off.

Melinda will get her success... but she doesn't have the range that Jordin will have (has) .

I will predict that Jordin will be one of the biggest Idols ever, should she win, if only because she has so much upside.

I don't know about biggest ever, but she will definately have a solid niche in today's recycled crap of a pop scene. The big thing is that she is young, and will fit that genre well. I don't think she will be Clay Aiken big, but she should do something.