American Idol

retro1983hat

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ May 17, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)
I also predict that between winning (which I think is obvious it will happen) and releasing her albulm, Jordin will drop 20-30 pounds.

That's a real good call. Unforunately they do that to all of the female winners. Its sad because I liked the old Kelly Clarkson way better too. I think with Jordin's athletic build (remember her dad was in the NFL) it won't look right on her either.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2007 -> 08:27 AM)
I don't know about biggest ever, but she will definately have a solid niche in today's recycled crap of a pop scene. The big thing is that she is young, and will fit that genre well. I don't think she will be Clay Aiken big, but she should do something.

And Clay didn't even win the dang thing. Tells ya how accurate America's voting is.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 17, 2007 -> 12:41 AM)
Jordin >>>>>>>>>> Taylor Hicks.

That is all.

Personally, I like Taylor a lot better. But then again, I think Taylor as someone that you want to go see in a club, not a stadium. I am not saying he isn't good and only belongs in smaller clubs, but I just think that is his appeal. He may end up with some mass appeal before it is all over, but I think he is just cutout for friends drinking beers and having a good time watching/listening to Taylor perform.

Jordin could definitely have great commercial success and her upside is huge, as was noted. Soxy, I have said the same thing for weeks about Jordin losing weight. I somewhat surprised it has already happened.

I can't see her losing, but what the hell do I know?

Jordin sang well. Blake Beatboxed well.

They both sang the winning songwriter song. Whoever wrote that song should be forced to listen to Blake's version of it non stop for a week. Whew what a bad, bad song.

I think Jordin will win, but who knows.

Last night was not a competition, it was a coronation.

Once Melinda went down at 3, it really became a 1 person show, and if Jordin does not win I would be extremely surprised.

But at the same time, whenever you let people vote for something, especially when you can vote multiple times, etc, you have to wonder who has the more passionate dedicated fans? That is what scares me about Blake's chances, that he has a bunch of pre-teen girls who called for 4 hours straight with their mom last night.

Jordin will be a good idol, but the finale was a let down.