American Idol

retro1983hat

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 06:30 PM)
You know, I did wonder while watching the show whether the producers somehow tampered with his performance. Didn't it just sound a little too soft? And there were several moments where the sound appeared muffled when Sanjaya and the judges were talking.

Not that it changes a whole lot, really. He still deserves to be kicked off. I just feel last week was an example of AI producting their product and making sure Sanjaya sounded as poorly as possible.

wouldnt be surprised. I know simon cowell made a comment in some interview that he would "quit" if Sanjaya won. Which is such BS imo. The way they treat the kid. Also I dont know how reliable that dialidol website is, but they had sanjaya in as one of the top 4 vote getters and on the show they had him up there 2nd to last (as they do every week). Why dont they ever make anyone else sweat it out with nerves like that every week?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That goofy f***er threw down last night.

Sanjaya back on the map. Im sure everyone hated his performance, and based on singing last night he was pretty brutal but the kid has that it factor one way or another. TV, message boards and my work is all talking about him (albiet most negitive) the kid has the buzz this season.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

Sanjaya was absolutely hilarious. I almost burst out laughing during class just thinking about it. Gina was just awful--totally painful. I don't think she pronounced an entire word durign the whole song. I wan to pain i blaaaaaaaaaaaa. But I think Phil is going home tonight.

Oh, and a note to Haley: wear a damn bra.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 09:59 AM)
Sanjaya was absolutely hilarious. I almost burst out laughing during class just thinking about it. Gina was just awful--totally painful. I don't think she pronounced an entire word durign the whole song. I wan to pain i blaaaaaaaaaaaa. But I think Phil is going home tonight.

Several things:

First Sanjaya was so bad it was funny. I am so sick of this kid. But what was with that girl bawling? She is going to have a rough day at school today.

Gina was horrible, but hopefully she can stick around for a good-themed week.

I still don't like Melinda. But I do like Jordin.

Oh and Soxy, thanks, but I am just fine with a braless Haley.

Sanjaya is a friggin' joke. He should have done the Herman tune, as it fits his silly a s s much better.

Gina, holy crap that sucked. Nobody has ever done a good version of "Paint It Black" (even the Stones barely pull it off), but that was friggin' ridiculous.

Phil, eh, it was O.K.

I liked the bra-less Hayley. Though, even with a bra it would have been a well done number. The choreography worked with the song well, the anti-bra bit was just bonus points and exactly what she needed to do to really cement herself into the minds of people. Not sure if it has ever been said before, but I think sex sells.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:08 PM)
Several things:

First Sanjaya was so bad it was funny. I am so sick of this kid. But what was with that girl bawling? She is going to have a rough day at school today.

My sister and I discussed this and we think she might have some specialness in the form of a developmental delay.

Or she is insane.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 12:32 PM)
My sister and I discussed this and we think she might have some specialness in the form of a developmental delay.

Or she is insane.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Any of you see this from Vote For The Worst:

Chris Sligh then does She’s Not There. I’m a little underwhelmed by the performance, but it’s fairly good. The judges comment, and then it happens. Chris yells out “Hi, Dave”, not once, but twice. On the VFTW message board, we’ve always told contestants to give me a shoutout as a joke to show that they actually read our site. Smarterthanpickler wrote this:

This is a reminder to Chris:

Tuesday is coming, and this will be your final chance to reclaim your manhood. Remember, two simple words:

"HI DAVE"

Say these two words and I swear I will never bash you or call you a pussy again and that I'll use whatever influence I have to get you votes. Don't say these two simple words, however, and I will endlessly bash and humilate you until you are voted off the show.

The ball's in your court, chubby.

And Chris did it! This man is my hero. He wants VFTW to love him. Was it just me or did the judges look pissed? I just have to tell Chris, since we know he’s reading this site now, you are the man. Dude, we so need to go get a few drinks after this is all over and laugh about the show. You complete me. We totally can’t switch to you this week after all the work we’ve put in for Sanjaya, but if you keep it up, you’re guaranteed some VFTW votes once Sanjaya is gone.

Chris might just be the coolest cat to ever appear on this show if this is what happened! That's a pretty gutsy thing to do.

Did any of you realize that VFTW is based out of Chicago?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 09:59 AM)

In that shirt? Not possible. Nor recommended by most of us. C'mon Soxy, leave the little bit of eye candy we have this season alone for a few weeks. She won't win, but damn, can't we just keep her for another 2-3 weeks? Is that too much to ask?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
...what is your CD collection like???

Im sure it was just a joke not to be taken seriously, but I have a pretty wide variety. Im not a fan of rap or "R&B" though.

My favorites off the top of my head are...Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, Daughtry, Avril Lavigne, Taking back sunday, Houston Calls, Carrie Underwood, Sister Hazel.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 01:50 PM)
Stephanie was a good singer who got screwed last night. That being said, she couldn't win and was probably competing for votes with Lakisha and Dr. Doolittle. The show will step in soon if the better singers keep getting voted near the bottom.

I don't see what they can really do without it considered 'fixing' the show. Then the whole element is lost and AI would be over.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxFan1 @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 11:27 AM)
Im sure it was just a joke not to be taken seriously, but I have a pretty wide variety. Im not a fan of rap or "R&B" though.

My favorites off the top of my head are...Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, Daughtry, Avril Lavigne, Taking back sunday, Houston Calls, Carrie Underwood, Sister Hazel.

Yeah, it was a good natured ribbing, but I was very curious. Your saying you are not a R&B fan explains a lot though. I know you have said you kind of like Sanjaya, but it has to be more for the underdog role, as even out of the ones you mention, he is a FAR cry from being the best, in any way shape or form.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 11:36 AM)
Yeah, it was a good natured ribbing, but I was very curious. Your saying you are not a R&B fan explains a lot though. I know you have said you kind of like Sanjaya, but it has to be more for the underdog role, as even out of the ones you mention, he is a FAR cry from being the best, in any way shape or form.

He'll make the perfect pop idol. They package him the right way with the limited stuff he can do right and he'll be a sensation.

Go Sanjaya! w00t! :)

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)

Its a hard story to explain for my liking of sanjaya. I liked his audition, personality and character from the very begining. Then when he got through to the top 24 I still was hoping he did well, but I didnt really care especially since at this point as you said, he wasnt an underdog and noone knew what he would become now. It was after he performed "waiting on the world to change". I really liked his version even though it was almost a soft toned disney-esk type performance. Thats also when the tables turned. It got absolute 100% horrible reviews from the judges and everyone else. From there on it became week after week I was hoping for him to do good because I liked that performance. Then he dressed up in that cowboy hat, and all the bashing continued to get worse and worse, but for me its almost like I adopted him as a favorite similar to a sports team to where I cheered for him good or bad. I think hes good if you know what to expect. Obviously hes not the energetic, entertaining, getting the crowd punped up type. Again based on the number of people who disagree and this whole votefortheworst stuff im clearly blinded by biasness.

Im curious though....for those who havent seen this yet. What do you think of him here? In this section they have cd quality MP3's of their performances. ( http://downloads.americanidol.com/genre.as...e=17&page=c ) Preview both of them. In 'Aint no mountain high enough' I think he sounds good.

Im 100% straight for all you guys getting those funny ideas btw. :lol:

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1

Nah, the "Ain't No Mountain" is not bad. What are those, studio recordings the contestants do?

Now then, the "You Really Got Me" was still pretty dang bad.

Oh, but it must be said, one of the things that REALLY hurts the contestants who choose to do ROCK songs is that damn band. The tone on the guitar is TERRIBLE. Baldy would have sounded great on Tobacco Road had he done it with just the piano, as you heard with him and Noone. But then you move him into that band, and it goes to crap. NO GUTS ANYWHERE IN THAT STUPID HOUSE BAND.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 22, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
Oh, but it must be said, one of the things that REALLY hurts the contestants who choose to do ROCK songs is that damn band. The tone on the guitar is TERRIBLE. Baldy would have sounded great on Tobacco Road had he done it with just the piano, as you heard with him and Noone. But then you move him into that band, and it goes to crap. NO GUTS ANYWHERE IN THAT STUPID HOUSE BAND.

My wife and i had those same comments last year. I'm not sure who chooses the arrangements (i thought it was the band but I'm not sure) but on more than one occasion we thought the song sucked because of the band and arrangement.

I remember one time last year when Simon called the band on it and said the singer was great but the arrangment was horrible. I think he's already done it at least once this year already.