single game tickets

rpmahr

i was wondering how fast tickets usually sell out online when tickets go on sale on feb 16...im assuming cubs/sox is prolly as fast as playoff tickets did but wat about half price monday and like new york and boston series any information would be appreciated

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rpmahr @ Jan 27, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
i was wondering how fast tickets usually sell out online when tickets go on sale on feb 16...im assuming cubs/sox is prolly as fast as playoff tickets did but wat about half price monday and like new york and boston series any information would be appreciated

Opening day and the games vs the Cubs will not be offered to the public in all likilhood. They use those tickets as bait to sell other packages. The other big games will fill up in the first few days.

If i recall correctly they disappear in this order:

Cubs/Sox

Boston/Sox

Yankees/Sox

Whatever novelty NL opponent we'll have this year

I always wondered what the BFD was about Boston and after having been to those games, it's that they have a ton of fans here.

Y'all are pretty sure some NYY games will be released for the public when single games go on sale though, right?

I'm serendipitously sheduled to be in town for a conference during the Yankees series and I'm hoping I can just get tix on the 16th through the Sox ticket office or Ticketmaster. last year it happened to be the Boston series I was in for and I ended up having to pay a premium for tix and would like to avoid that if possible this year.

On the bright side, I'm once again looking forward to pretty much having my own section once again at Tropicana when the Sox come through in June. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 12:42 PM)
Y'all are pretty sure some NYY games will be released for the public when single games go on sale though, right?

I'm serendipitously sheduled to be in town for a conference during the Yankees series and I'm hoping I can just get tix on the 16th through the Sox ticket office or Ticketmaster. last year it happened to be the Boston series I was in for and I ended up having to pay a premium for tix and would like to avoid that if possible this year.

On the bright side, I'm once again looking forward to pretty much having my own section once again at Tropicana when the Sox come through in June. :D

Other than the 4 previously mentioned games, all other games will have tickets available to the public. For the high profile games, definately log on a 10 am and get your tickets ASAP.

QUOTE(Balance @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 11:20 PM)
When do Full and Split ST holders get to buy single-game tickets again? I emailed my rep, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

E-mialed my rep last week - she didn't know but said she would e-mail me - think they send out a blanket e-mail to all season ticket holders.

QUOTE(Balance @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 11:20 PM)
When do Full and Split ST holders get to buy single-game tickets again? I emailed my rep, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

feb 12 for season ticket holders presale- including the opener and sox/cubs

passwords will be sent to ST holders the week before

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 12:13 PM)
If i recall correctly they disappear in this order:

Cubs/Sox

Boston/Sox

Yankees/Sox

Whatever novelty NL opponent we'll have this year

I always wondered what the BFD was about Boston and after having been to those games, it's that they have a ton of fans here.

ugh, i cant wait till the sox play the marlins so i can see cabrera :wub: lol jp

so for those of us without a credit card at the moment (don't ask) well tickets still be available at the actual box office at Comiskey on Feb 16th? i was hoping to go up there and buy a few tix but i wasn't sure if they did that anymore in this electronic age. and if they do, what time does the box office open?

QUOTE(Son Goshin @ Feb 4, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)
so for those of us without a credit card at the moment (don't ask) well tickets still be available at the actual box office at Comiskey on Feb 16th? i was hoping to go up there and buy a few tix but i wasn't sure if they did that anymore in this electronic age. and if they do, what time does the box office open?

They didn't allow that last year, it was all Ticketmaster. Not sure about this year.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
last year I was able to get 2 extra opening day and 2 extra cubs tickets....today, nothing...apparently all gone.

This is the first year I have not been able to get presale opening day tickets. The brokers must have raped the site. NYY are still there however. Cubs gone, opening day gone.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:06 AM)
last year I was able to get 2 extra opening day and 2 extra cubs tickets....today, nothing...apparently all gone.

I had the same experience. I settled for getting two single tickets to the Friday Cubs game. One was available in left field, one in right center.

I wonder why this was so different from last year.

Opening Day and Cubs all gone by 10am, except scattered singles. Heck, even trying to get seats for 8/11 vs Mariners of all games, the best available for 4 was Row 25 in 108, RF corner, with an obstruction warning.

I don't get this. If the season base is roughly 22k, and a few thousand go to promos... where did the other 15k seats go? Did the premium holders get all of them in the first HOUR???

Not happy.