single game tickets

rpmahr

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:20 AM)
Wow, this will be the first time in many many years where I will have to buy some opening day tickets somewhere else.

Patience. They will release some seats a couple of days before the event. I believe you have season tickets. About a week before opening day call the charge line daily. You'll get a couple in a great location.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)
Looks like I'm not going to the Cell at all this season. By the time Friday comes, there'll be almost nothing left. Oh well, have fun, you guys.

While Cubs and Opening Day sold out very quickly there are still a ton of good seats left in the upper deck. I would rather be in the first couple row of the upper deck then in the last rows in the outfield. If you pick best available this is what it will give you until the lower deck is completely sold out. If you pick Upper Box or Upper Reserved you can get seats in the first 5-10 rows of the upper deck.

QUOTE(salty99 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:53 AM)
While Cubs and Opening Day sold out very quickly there are still a ton of good seats left in the upper deck. I would rather be in the first couple row of the upper deck then in the last rows in the outfield. If you pick best available this is what it will give you until the lower deck is completely sold out. If you pick Upper Box or Upper Reserved you can get seats in the first 5-10 rows of the upper deck.

I did UD split-season seats last year.

Not interested in the UD this year.

I had only planned on one or two games this year, so it's not a big deal.

The hangup is I need 3 seats. 2 and 4 are easier to get from ST people, but 3 isn't as easy.

Maybe I should have another kid, to make it an even number of seats.... :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
I did UD split-season seats last year.

Not interested in the UD this year.

I had only planned on one or two games this year, so it's not a big deal.

The hangup is I need 3 seats. 2 and 4 are easier to get from ST people, but 3 isn't as easy.

Maybe I should have another kid, to make it an even number of seats.... :D

NO, just kill your wife.

I've heard bad things already about lowers for that game.

That was one of the few I was interested in.

We'll see. If there's nothing, there's nothing.

Friday night is 70's night and sunday is ozzie guillen bobblehead giveaway. Then of course that saturday is fireworks. But I'll be at the patio party that night.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)
Looks like I'm not going to the Cell at all this season. By the time Friday comes, there'll be almost nothing left. Oh well, have fun, you guys.

Hey, don't give up. I know for a fact that I'll be needing to get rid of some of my weekend tickets in July and early August. And there are plenty of fans here in The Ticket Exchange section that will sell you tickets for face value. Where there's a will, there's a way, often in good seats!

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
This is complete BS all Opening Day and Cubs were gone at 10:00. Weekends are just about gone.

Yikes.

I have weekend games for sale, check the ticket thread.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 11:18 AM)
The season ticket line is the key. We used that a ton last season, and always found prime seats.

shhhhh

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 11:07 AM)
NO, just kill your wife.

Hmmmm......a guy named Tony suggesting I whack the wife.....what would your LAST name be, HMMMM???

:P :D

I'll just check the Ticket Exchange for a set of 3 for a Saturday or two along the way. I'm sure someone will need to sell some lowers for a Saturday sometime. I hope so, anyway.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:20 AM)
Opening Day and Cubs all gone by 10am, except scattered singles. Heck, even trying to get seats for 8/11 vs Mariners of all games, the best available for 4 was Row 25 in 108, RF corner, with an obstruction warning.

I don't get this. If the season base is roughly 22k, and a few thousand go to promos... where did the other 15k seats go? Did the premium holders get all of them in the first HOUR???

Not happy.

I don't know one season ticket holder that was able to get extra Cubs or Opening Day tickets and all of them tried.

Me and the guy I split my 27 game package with just bought single lowers for Opening day and the Sat/Sun Cubs series. Whoever uses those can just stand on the concourse or something.

It is crazy though. I was shocked to see that there were not 2 together anywhere. Last year I was able to get all three of the Cubs series games, 2 each (granted they were in the upper deck), with no trouble.

"Premium" ticket holders got first dibs on single game tickets, starting at 9:00 a.m. yesterday. Full and split season STHs got to start at 10:00 a.m. Given that most of us posting here got on at 10:01 yesterday and were pretty much shut out, I wonder how many "Premium" STHs there are. This obviously means the holders of the scout seats and suites, but still- why was this year so different from last year?

QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)
"Premium" ticket holders got first dibs on single game tickets, starting at 9:00 a.m. yesterday. Full and split season STHs got to start at 10:00 a.m. Given that most of us posting here got on at 10:01 yesterday and were pretty much shut out, I wonder how many "Premium" STHs there are. This obviously means the holders of the scout seats and suites, but still- why was this year so different from last year?

You have to remember groups and Ozzie plans also gobble up tickets to the premium games first. Unfortunately to guarantee yourself seats to the big games, you have to be able and willing to make a big committment. That's just the way it is now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 10:57 AM)
You have to remember groups and Ozzie plans also gobble up tickets to the premium games first. Unfortunately to guarantee yourself seats to the big games, you have to be able and willing to make a big committment. That's just the way it is now.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I'm a split-season (27 game) ticket holder. I've made a pretty substantial commitment to the Sox this year. Ozzie Plan holders only get one Cubs game, if I recall correctly, and don't get to go for single game tickets until after the split season ticket holders.

What I'm griping about is that last year, when it seems that the ticket base was either the same size as it is now, or even slightly larger than it is now (I remember hearing that there was less than 100% retention in the season ticket base), even we split-season ticket holders were able to get Sox-Cubs tickets no problem. I'd just like to find out what's different in the single-game ticket sales this year.

QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)

Brokers have the passwords and season ticket accounts. They pretty much kill the supply.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)
Patience. They will release some seats a couple of days before the event. I believe you have season tickets. About a week before opening day call the charge line daily. You'll get a couple in a great location.

^^. Don't fret Rock. You'll be able to get some.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 11:18 AM)
The season ticket line is the key. We used that a ton last season, and always found prime seats.

They cut the F&F section down by 70 seats this year. I think they sold a lot of those seats as full season packages so it might be a bit harder to get those.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 09:12 AM)
I don't know one season ticket holder that was able to get extra Cubs or Opening Day tickets and all of them tried.

:ph34r:

I will be curious on the final season ticket number count as opposed to last year. I am happy that the team is doing this well with attendance. It only helps keep a high payroll and it keeps this team competitive. I made a small Ozzie plan committment that I do every year, and to me the cubs/sox game and a dibs on some of the better games ahead of the single season sale pays for it for me. I hope that the stadium is packed every day and we can keep this momentum going as a franchise.