Al Franken to run for Senate

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 12:14 PM)
Al has anger issues. It will be fun to watch, though.

Anger issues? Maybe I just haven't seen it, but the only Al Franken I've seen in the public eye has been rather measured and even-keeled. Witty and sarcastic, sure, but not pathologically angry by any stretch of the imagination.

QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 08:57 AM)
Anger issues? Maybe I just haven't seen it, but the only Al Franken I've seen in the public eye has been rather measured and even-keeled. Witty and sarcastic, sure, but not pathologically angry by any stretch of the imagination.

Some of the stuff between Al and Fox News or Al and O'Reilly has frankly been over the top. I believe that a few years ago there was either a report or video or something of Franken verbally berating some of the Fox people at a dinner (just doing this from memory, don't recall all the details). And I'm sure that Franken and O'Reilly had a major sparring match on CSpan at one point.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 11:04 AM)
Some of the stuff between Al and Fox News or Al and O'Reilly has frankly been over the top. I believe that a few years ago there was either a report or video or something of Franken verbally berating some of the Fox people at a dinner (just doing this from memory, don't recall all the details). And I'm sure that Franken and O'Reilly had a major sparring match on CSpan at one point.

Well that's understandable. O'Reilly makes me very angry, too! :D

Even so, I don't think that means Franken has anger management problems.

QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
Well that's understandable. O'Reilly makes me very angry, too! :D

Even so, I don't think that means Franken has anger management problems.

He also attacked a Fox news producer, not from O'rielly, during the convention. He had to be restrained by security.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)
He also attacked a Fox news producer, not from O'rielly, during the convention. He had to be restrained by security.

I seem to recall reading something about that in Franken's book. (Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them)

Was that the incident that was completely made up by Matt Drudge?

QUOTE(Balance @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)
I seem to recall reading something about that in Franken's book. (Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them)

Was that the incident that was completely made up by Matt Drudge?

No.

It was a Laura Ingrim producer during the republican convention. Here is the website I took the pic from.

http://wizbangblog.com/2004/08/31/rnc-gossip-edition.php

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)

also, during a speech by Howard Dean, a protestor starting heckling Dean and Franken responded by phsyically attacking the protestor.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
As someone who will probably have to choose between Al Franken and Norm Coleman, I have but one thing to say.

Yuk.

If I were in your position, I would choose the comedian over the empty suit because there are plenty of empty suits in congress, but no comedians.

QUOTE(Chet Lemon @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 01:43 PM)
If I were in your position, I would choose the comedian over the empty suit because there are plenty of empty suits in congress, but no comedians.

You have obviously never seen Teddy Kenedy speak. he is a living, walking, talking joke himself!