White Sox

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

White Sox Free Agents 2003:

Jose Valentin-Earns 5,000,000 dollars in 2003, and has an option to exercise of 5 million for 2004 if he reaches 575 ABs.

Frank Thomas- 2004, Dual option $6.0M player/$8.0M team

Tom Gordon-Earns 1.4 million + 500,000 dollars in 2003.

Rick White-In 2003 he earns $0.6 million. In 2004 there is a team option $1.3M or $0.15M team buyout. He can earn up to $150,000 in bonuses.

Bartolo Colon-In 2003 he earns 8.25 million. In 2004 he is a free agent.

Tony Graffanino-In 2003 he earned 0.625 million dollars. In 2004 he is a free agent.

Esteban Loazia-In 2003 he earned 0.5 million dollars. In 2004 he has a 3.5 million dollar option to exercise or a 0.15 million dollar buyout.

Arbitration Hearings-Harris, Buerhle, Wunsch, Marte, Glover, Lee, Jimenez

Free Agents that White Sox could afford that they might consider:

Jeff Suppan, Robert Person, Dustin Hermansen, Antonio Osuna, Ricardo Rincon, Felix Heredia, Scott Eyre, Jason Johnson, John Halama, Michael Barrett, Carlos Beltran

My prediction for 2004

Starting Pitchers

Colon, Buehrle, Loazia, (New Aquisition), Garland

Relief Pitchers

Glover, Koch, Marte, Wunsch, Rauch, Wright, Stewart

1b-Konerko

2b-Miles

ss-Jimenez

3b-Crede

c-Olivo

lf-Lee

cf-Harris

rf-Ordonez

dh-Thomas

Bench: Graffanino, Daubach, Barrett, Rios

Any of your predictions appreciated. :bringit

If Jimenez is the SS, it's going to be a long year. He doesn't have enough range to play short.

Harris won't be the centerfielder, Borchard will be.

PK could be moved if there are any takers in the offseason.

Rauch could crack the rotation, I don't see the Sox using him in a relief role.

I like Munoz for a bullpen spot.

Guest wsc425
It's a bit early to begin speculating on our roster make up for next year, but there is one name who I think will be gone that no one ever mentions:  Glover.

I agree, as he is not consistent.

Guest wsc425
If Jimenez is the SS, it's going to be a long year.  He doesn't have enough range to play short.

Harris won't be the centerfielder, Borchard will be.

PK could be moved if there are any takers in the offseason.

Rauch could crack the rotation, I don't see the Sox using him in a relief role.

I like Munoz for a bullpen spot.

Well Jose may not be going anywhere because no one is going to pay 5 million and because of his loyalty to this team.

Borchard is a corner outfielder at best.

PK isn't going to be moved, he's a KW guy. The only guy we could get for him is Todd Hundley. (Dan Evans) would just trade salary.

Rauch could be in the rotation, you are right there.

Have you seen Munoz at AAA this year?

White Sox Free Agents 2003:

Jose Valentin-Earns 5,000,000 dollars in 2003, and has an option to exercise of 5 million for 2004 if he reaches 575 ABs.

Frank Thomas- 2004, Dual option $6.0M player/$8.0M team

Tom Gordon-Earns 1.4 million + 500,000 dollars in 2003.

Rick White-In 2003 he earns $0.6 million. In 2004 there is a team option $1.3M or $0.15M team buyout. He can earn up to $150,000 in bonuses.

Bartolo Colon-In 2003 he earns 8.25 million. In 2004 he is a free agent.

Tony Graffanino-In 2003 he earned 0.625 million dollars. In 2004 he is a free agent.

Esteban Loazia-In 2003 he earned 0.5 million dollars. In 2004 he has a 3.5 million dollar option to exercise or a 0.15 million dollar buyout.

Arbitration Hearings-Harris, Buerhle, Wunsch, Marte, Glover, Lee, Jimenez

Free Agents that White Sox could afford that they might consider:

Jeff Suppan, Robert Person, Dustin Hermansen, Antonio Osuna, Ricardo Rincon, Felix Heredia, Scott Eyre, Jason Johnson, John Halama, Michael Barrett, Carlos Beltran

My prediction for 2004

Starting Pitchers

Relief Pitchers

1b-Konerko

2b-Miles

ss-Jimenez

3b-Crede

c-Olivo

lf-Lee

cf-Harris

rf-Ordonez

dh-Thomas

Any of your predictions appreciated. :bringit

To even consider doing this is insane. In a month and a half, we could either have built up for a pennant run, or we could have traded everyone away in a fire sale. Regardless, I could almost guarantee you that you will see a few new faces in a White Sox uniform within that time period of a month and a half. If we are serious about a pennant run, White and Glover will both be traded and we'll bring in some better bullpen pitchers, you might see another solid starter come in, and there is a definite possibility that someone may come in to help the offense(though if Wee Willie Harris can keep hitting and doing a good job leading off, he may be just what we need). If we have a fire sale, you could see CLee, Jose, Konerko, Gordon, White, Wunsch, Koch, Colon, Loaiza, Daubach, Graffanino, Maggs, Sandy, Rios, and others gone in a youth movement(though I personally feel that Colon, Loaiza, and Buehrle will be apart of the youth movement, regardless of their age). I'd really love to get rid of DJ(no range, bad baserunner, mediocre speed at best, no heart), but that may be a pipe dream.

You can talk about this in September, when moves are offically done, unless we flat out release a guy(such as with K-layton last year), and then it becomes sane to talk about.

And I have a question....have YOU seen Munoz at AAA? I can't remember which ballpark it is, but there is one of our minor league ballparks that is a hitter's utopia...and I'm thinking it might be the AAA ballpark, but someone will have to help me on that.

I think we need to get rid of Jiminez, Jose, CLee, and Konerko anyways possible, especially Konerko with his bad hip. I think it would be an excellent move to sign Luis Castillo as 2B. he would give us an excellent leadoff guy, or if harris keeps hitting a #2 guy to get on base for Maggs and Thomas at 1b. Thomas has to stay at first base the rest of his career.

I'd definitely like us to get a new 2b, ss, cf combination.

Too bad we don't have angel berroa and Beltran of the Royals.

Who'd have thought Paulie would be washed up a year after last year? Now he's nothing.

I'd like to see us keep Crede, get rid of ss, 2b and Paulie.

Keep Frank.

Keep Olivo and let all other catchers depart.

Keep Maggs and Lee and get rid of all other outfielders.

Keep most of our pitchers and take our chances there.

Though it looks like we need a closer again and I wouldn't mind seeing Gordon depart and of course White.

There are several minor leaguers coming up that will have to be protected on next year's 40 man roster or else be lost (Miles, Stumm, et al), but it looks as if there are plenty of players on the current 40 man roster that can be exposed to free agency without a big risk of losing them. I just wish I trusted the man in charge more that I do.

I have heard nothing but great things about that Japanese SS. I believe his name, like the NY outfielder, is Matsui. I would like to think the Sox would focus in the area, since he's an obvious solution to an obvious need.

I have heard nothing but great things about that Japanese SS.  I believe his name, like the NY outfielder, is Matsui.  I would like to think the Sox would focus in the area, since he's an obvious solution to an obvious need.

I think we would be more likely to go after Tejada than the Japanese SS. Before we can even talk contract with that kid, we have to bid just for the right to talk to him. This alone is going to be millions of dollars. And we all know what the chances of us getting in the Tejada sweepstakes are...

Starting Pitchers

Relief Pitchers

1b-Konerko

2b-Miles

ss-Jimenez

3b-Crede

c-Olivo

lf-Lee

cf-Harris

rf-Ordonez

dh-Thomas

NO Borchard :o :o :huh: :huh: :angry: :angry:

Look, I only posted this because of the White Sox free agents list was released yesterday.

don't be defensive - it may be a little early to speculate on next years line up but as the list was released just recently and I have wondering who our free agents are, I found the information very helpful.