Lead off hitter

GoSox05

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
If Pods is out for an extended period of time or hurt on and off all year. Who is gonna be our lead off hitter?

I guess Erstad or Gooch. Neither one is a true leadoff hitter, but they're the best options of a raggedy group of candidates.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 04:41 PM)
but then that will mean ozuna would be in left :unsure:

I see your point but that was the case last year with Ozzie putting him out there. I know he's not a good LF but neither is Pods and I do like Ozuna's hustle. Who knows, maybe KW ends up making a trade to help the situation.

QUOTE(VicRattlehead @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
I see your point but that was the case last year with Ozzie putting him out there. I know he's not a good LF but neither is Pods and I do like Ozuna's hustle. Who knows, maybe KW ends up making a trade to help the situation.

im perfectly fine with pablo leading off, he was pretty good at it last year but i just dont like him defensively.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
im perfectly fine with pablo leading off, he was pretty good at it last year but i just dont like him defensively.

I agree with ya. He was terrible at the beginning last year, the game in KC especially, but did improve as the season went on. He is a liability out in LF.

I'd move Broadway and Heath Miller to TB for Crawford or Baldelli, then we can flip BA to Florida for some pitching, maybe Olsen or Sanchez(pipedream) or a couple of power arms in their system. I'd stay away from Petit though. it would then end up being a lateral move, and if they were willing to part with Olsen or Sanchez, then maybe we could pry away Phil Humber or Mike Pelfrey and Lastings Milledge away from the Mets for Vazquez. This plan may actually improve our team.

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 05:25 PM)
I'd move Broadway and Heath Miller to TB for Crawford or Baldelli, then we can flip BA to Florida for some pitching, maybe Olsen or Sanchez(pipedream) or a couple of power arms in their system. I'd stay away from Petit though. it would then end up being a lateral move, and if they were willing to part with Olsen or Sanchez, then maybe we could pry away Phil Humber or Mike Pelfrey and Lastings Milledge away from the Mets for Vazquez. This plan may actually improve our team.

I really don't think the Steelers would go for that.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 05:27 PM)
:chimp

1) are you saying that TB won't go for the trade in the first place or the Sox would be dumb to do it.

I know that Crawford is very unlikely to get in a trade so I was meaning that Baldelli was the person to get in the trade. I don't think that TB would get a better offer than that.

2) I even said that Anderson for Olsen or Sanchez was a pipedream in the first place.

3) the Mets trade idea was only possible if (1) and (2) happen.

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) are you saying that TB won't go for the trade in the first place or the Sox would be dumb to do it.

I know that Crawford is very unlikely to get in a trade so I was meaning that Baldelli was the person to get in the trade. I don't think that TB would get a better offer than that.

2) I even said that Anderson for Olsen or Sanchez was a pipedream in the first place.

3) the Mets trade idea was only possible if (1) and (2) happen.

Anderson has zero value. He wouldn't snag anyone near the names you mentioned. Also, the Devil Rays aren't going to trade Crawford or Baldelli for Broadway and a tight end for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Trade ideas :P

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 06:41 PM)
Anderson has zero value. He wouldn't snag anyone near the names you mentioned. Also, the Devil Rays aren't going to trade Crawford or Baldelli for Broadway and a tight end for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Trade ideas :P

I hate to start a holy war here, but Anderson has value. I'll just leave it at that.

However, I agree with the trade ideas talk...jeebus, it's February. Pretty much every roster is set and there's about a 5% chance of a big trade for any team occurring, let alone 3 by the White Sox themselves.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)
However, I agree with the trade ideas talk...jeebus, it's February. Pretty much every roster is set and there's about a 5% chance of a big trade for any team occurring, let alone 3 by the White Sox themselves.

Exactly, right now most teams are about 10 days from Spring Training, rosters are being finalized and GMs are shifting to in house scouting, figuring out how they're going to for their 25 man roster through the 40+ players they have with them in Florida/Arizona. You really don't see many significant trades during ST historically, it just doesn't happen.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly, right now most teams are about 10 days from Spring Training, rosters are being finalized and GMs are shifting to in house scouting, figuring out how they're going to for their 25 man roster through the 40+ players they have with them in Florida/Arizona. You really don't see many significant trades during ST historically, it just doesn't happen.

Todd Helton might be an exception this ST.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 12:48 AM)

Alex Cintron :P

:bang

Thats me being sarcastic btw

Edited by SoxFan101