2007 White Sox Predictions Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 12:44 PM)
Anyone else get the feeling that the big story this season is going to be Joe Crede? I just have this feeling that he's going to be a .300/40/100 guy, win a gold glove and be a serious candidate for MVP. A solid player like Joe is likely to have one of those seasons where they put it all together and just go off, not that they'll sustain it through their career.

No, in fact I think he might miss some games, and then Fields comes up and impresses.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 01:01 PM)
No, in fact I think he might miss some games, and then Fields comes up and impresses.

Yeah I'm thinking the opposite of that initial post as well. I see Joe giving KW a little more tangible evidence as to why he should be dealt. Reduced power numbers, same lame batter's eye and some time missed do to the back ailment.

I've been drinking the black and white kool-aid and although it's colorless, it packs a powerful punch and has left me with a vivid representation of the season to come.

Sox win the central 96-66

We catch a bit of a scare in the opening round of the playoffs going 5 games with Anaheim.

We dispose of Boston in 4, who was coming off a 5 game series of their own with Cleveland. (sidenote: With Boston out of contention and NY failing to make the playoffs, ESPN cancels it's baseball coverage.)

We beat Philly in 6 for the championship!!

Not quite an 11-1 post season run, but a dramatic World Series nonetheless. Some good story lines emerge with the trades between these two teams the last couple of years. Freddy isn't "Big Game" in his 2 starts against the Sox. Thome, on the other hand, comes up huge to claim his first world series championship. Combine that with his 500th homer, which he will also get this year, and he has earned his ticket to the hall.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
I've been drinking the black and white kool-aid and although it's colorless, it packs a powerful punch and has left me with a vivid representation of the season to come.

Sox win the central 96-66

We catch a bit of a scare in the opening round of the playoffs going 5 games with Anaheim.

We dispose of Boston in 4, who was coming off a 5 game series of their own with Cleveland. (sidenote: With Boston out of contention and NY failing to make the playoffs, ESPN cancels it's baseball coverage.)

We beat Philly in 6 for the championship!!

Not quite an 11-1 post season run, but a dramatic World Series nonetheless. Some good story lines emerge with the trades between these two teams the last couple of years. Freddy isn't "Big Game" in his 2 starts against the Sox. Thome, on the other hand, comes up huge to claim his first world series championship. Combine that with his 500th homer, which he will also get this year, and he has earned his ticket to the hall.

Going out on a limb lol I like it, Philly has a tough decision to get out of though.

• 2 weeks later...

81 Wins. 4th place. We have too many holes this year, and the AL Central is too strong. If Contreras stays healthy, Buerhle rebounds, Garland remains in 05/6 form, Vazquez can get past the sixth inning, Podsednik does something good, Erstad plays like he hasn't in years, Uribe improves his OBP, Dye doesn't regress too far, and Thome stays healthy/productive all year, then we can win the Central.

QUOTE(Damen @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 12:02 PM)
81 Wins. 4th place. We have too many holes this year, and the AL Central is too strong. If Contreras stays healthy, Buerhle rebounds, Garland remains in 05/6 form, Vazquez can get past the sixth inning, Podsednik does something good, Erstad plays like he hasn't in years, Uribe improves his OBP, Dye doesn't regress too far, and Thome stays healthy/productive all year, then we can win the Central.

You actually believe that all of those things need to happen for us to win the Central? That's f***ing ridiculous.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 12:14 PM)
You actually believe that all of those things need to happen for us to win the Central? That's f***ing ridiculous.

Pretty much. Uribe could repeat 06 if everything else on my list happened and we'd be alright.

Yeah, no room for error in this division. This isn't the NL Central unfortuantely.

Whoever wins it has to have a great season. The Sox can't have a great season with a black hole in the 5 spot in the rotation or with a 1-2 of Pods, Erstad. Gimme a break.

I know......no one makes outs with a better attitude than Darin Erstad. (teal)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
A sober soxtalk member assassinates Darin Erstad for the good of the team.

How in the hell does one successfully assassinate such a grinder? Bullets bounce off of him, knives turn to rust in his presence.

QUOTE(max power @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 09:46 AM)
How in the hell does one successfully assassinate such a grinder? Bullets bounce off of him, knives turn to rust in his presence.

Sandpaper. You must grind away at the grinder. If the quartz is not hard enough...you must use diamond sandpaper.

there's gotta be something. Water kills the Wicked Witch of the West; a stake to the heart and sunlight kill vampires; bullet(s) to the head kill zombies; sandpaper kills grinders?

How about you just pull out some voodoo magic and eat a taco grinder sandwich?

• 2 weeks later...

My prediction: AL central is way overrated, the Indians will falter for the 2nd straight year, and the Tigers fall back to earth after their magical season

I see the Twins and Whitesox battling for the division in a scrappy matter, with the Sox pulling on top with 88 wins