MLB 2K7

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/858/858986.html

Instead of adding a bunch of new useless bells and whistles this year, 2K sports is finally realizing that they needed to take the core game, and start most everything from scratch....improving on the gameplay, technique, and realism that baseball fans have been searching for since the year before MVP disappeared. (The last MVP was complete crap)

At any rate, 2k sports took the iniative to bring aboard MVP's gameplay designer to assure the most authentic and complete baseball game weve seen to date. This year's installment best feature is sure to highlight the signature style for each player in MLB. The way one bats, wears their cap, length of pants, every last detail is in the game.... previews have the 360 version looking a bit better than Playstion 3 right now.

from IGN:

Everything from a player's batting rituals at the plate to facial expressions have been captured in this year's game, making them seem like their real-life counterparts. Player accessories have also been personalized as well, so if an athlete wears things like baggy pants, wrist bands or a certain type of glove, they'll be properly represented. Player models have also been improved to with accurate physiques for each athlete. No longer are there simply tall or stocky character models; larger players like Bartolo Colon or C.C. Sabathia will actually have guts in the game (maybe now they'll actually hit a treadmill -- although I'm not holding my breath).

Edited by watchtower41

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 05:55 AM)
^^^

I pray they get this one right, because I need a new MLB game.

Agreed. I really miss the old MVP, and the franchises I used to build into WS Champs! I always would play with the Sox when I'd first get games, and then after awhile, I'd take some team like the Pirates and try to turn them into a contender. I love doing that with crappy teams.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
^^^

I pray they get this one right, because I need a new MLB game.

What you could do is buy a maxdrive from bestbuy (it's like $30) and download GREAT current rosters online for MVP 2005. I think you can even get uniforms and stadiums and stuff like that.

Hopefully this game delivers, I haven't bought a baseball game since MVP05. From the pics it'll be great graphically but gameplay is going to be an individual preference. Good thing it come out like next week. Maybe a demo on Xbox Live before then i hear.

I bought the one last year just because it was the year after the Series and I wanted to see a highly rated Sox team (how could they not be). It turned out to be a terrible game.

The game play was absolutely sickening.

The Sox were ranked 9th in the league.

The Cubs were ranked higher than the Sox (3rd or something).

It had a messy menu.

Etc.

Etc.

Needless to say, I am not buying this year's version of the game. I am going to just download the updated rosters for MVP 05.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 11:10 AM)
I bought the one last year just because it was the year after the Series and I wanted to see a highly rated Sox team (how could they not be). It turned out to be a terrible game.

The game play was absolutely sickening.

The Sox were ranked 9th in the league.

The Cubs were ranked higher than the Sox (3rd or something).

It had a messy menu.

Etc.

Etc.

Needless to say, I am not buying this year's version of the game. I am going to just download the updated rosters for MVP 05.

Last years version did suck. But then again, so did most of the next generation sports games on their first go-around. This year, all the sports titles have dramatically improved and with 2k sports hiring the main mastermind behind the MVP series, one would think this game will be great.... no brainer.

I think its funny that all the EA fans will stick by a 2 year old game with ancient graphics over getting the current MLB title that has been essentially made by "the precious MVP" MVP '05 wasnt even that great, '04 was the best version by far.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 02:38 PM)
Last years version did suck. But then again, so did most of the next generation sports games on their first go-around. This year, all the sports titles have dramatically improved and with 2k sports hiring the main mastermind behind the MVP series, one would think this game will be great.... no brainer.

I think its funny that all the EA fans will stick by a 2 year old game with ancient graphics over getting the current MLB title that has been essentially made by "the precious MVP" MVP '05 wasnt even that great, '04 was the best version by far.

No, 05 was by far the best one. Not even close.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)

In what ways was 04 better than 05? They were both great games but 05 was basicly the same with better graphics, you could hit HR's with lefties, and had that hitter's eye thing. This game does look good though and from what Ive seen the best baseball game in a long while. I like how the curve actually is a curve in that it has an angle and shows that.