hotel question

bmags

i need to get a hotel room for my mom for a night here, and for some god awful reason on a saturday night in march with no real reason every hotel in columbia and close by jeff. city are booked, according to Hotels.com anad orbits. Is it worth calling each hotel? Do you think they might have rooms still available? Any suggestions?

i found the real reason, there are the state basketball championships, so i'm under the impression that hotels may be booked by people who think the teamsmay make it, so maybe next weekend some more will open up if i keep checking because hotwire was 150. I also found some in boonville, 23 miles west of here. Ugh that was stressful.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
Yeah, there is another one like that called sidestep.com, also handy at times.

Sidestep is most useful for flight comparisons. Between sidestep, kayak and southwest airlines, you can search basically every flight combination for any domestic flight and many international options. Hotels, I don't think they're gonna do that great for you. International hotels or cruises, call me :).

Definitely keep checking back.

In a worst case scenario, you can almost always get a room same day. Show up at a hotel between 5:30 and 6:00. Hotels almost always have unsecured reservations they will release at 6:00.

Several years ago during Spring Training, there were no rooms available in Tucson. My buddy and I showed up at 5:45 and by 6:05 were booking a room for the night. There were three other people doing the same thing and they all got rooms too.

It's inconvenient and not guaranteed (you may want to call the hotel and ask them that afternoon what your chances are), but for a last ditch effort it works.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 03:27 AM)
Definitely keep checking back.

In a worst case scenario, you can almost always get a room same day. Show up at a hotel between 5:30 and 6:00. Hotels almost always have unsecured reservations they will release at 6:00.

Several years ago during Spring Training, there were no rooms available in Tucson. My buddy and I showed up at 5:45 and by 6:05 were booking a room for the night. There were three other people doing the same thing and they all got rooms too.

It's inconvenient and not guaranteed (you may want to call the hotel and ask them that afternoon what your chances are), but for a last ditch effort it works.

these are PM times then?

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 11:40 PM)
these are PM times then?

Yes. They will release rooms at 6pm. Just call the hotel that day and ask if there will be that possibility. They won't make you any promises, but it's worth a shot.

Edited by Rex Hudler