3/5/06 Sox @ Brewers Game Thread

Kalapse

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Pablo did have a .365 OBP last year. Not great, but better than PODS career.

Dye almost nails one out

how is that not great? thats pretty solid

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
Im gonna go out on a very very very thin and unstable limb here.

Pablo>Pods in LF

I really think his athleticism will allow him to be a decent fielder and get on base at a good clip. He was a top prospect at one point (age notwithstanding)

Well yeah he's probably a better defender than Pods but that's more of a tallest midget situation. With better options already on the active roster I don't see any real reason to ever see Pablo in LF again. With that said he'll probably pick up around 50 or so starts in the OF next year anyway.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
how is that not great? thats pretty solid

It was inflated by his unsustainable batting average. He had a BA/OBP differential of .028 which is pretty poor. If he takes a couple walks last year he would have had a .400 OBP. If Pablo gets a good amount of starts next season as the leadoff man I really can't see him hitting .328 again meaning that OBP is going to fall right back down into the mediocre range.

I personally think Pablo is perfect at what he does now: he's the ultimate utility man with average defensive ability at every position and a superior bat to most benchers. I think if you try to make him an everyday player, though, things will turn sour fast. Keep him right where he's at, it's invaluable to have someone as good as him off the bench

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
Does it have to do with Prior? Because I've already had a good time thinking of ways the media will spin his start.

dude, lay off him! he's only got an ERA of 20.25

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
ill take a laugh

good pitching Lance!!!

Ok

Prior was throw 83-85 mph on the gun.

2 ER in an inning and a third. The mariners even ran and hit themself out of more run. Lou had to get him out after this:

Bottom 2nd

Kenji Johjima singles to CF

Mike Morris double to LF, Johjima to 2nd

Jeremy Reed doubles to CF, Johjima and Morris score

Yunyeski Betancourt grounds out to SS, 6-3

Also a couple of cubs fans call the Mariners trash on their site. Because outside of wrigleyville, EVERYONE is trash.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
Yeah Broadway just worked a 1-2-3 inning.

gotta say, broadway's starting to grow on me as a potential option very soon. like halfway through this season, if the haeger/floyd experiment isn't working

QUOTE(ScottyDo @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
gotta say, broadway's starting to grow on me as a potential option very soon. like halfway through this season, if the haeger/floyd experiment isn't working

i just think he has a kickass name