3/6/07: Rockies @ White Sox

Steve9347

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:20 PM)
You also spelled his name wrong. You're a complete mess.

haha thanks Kalapse, i think i'll come to your from now on when i feel bad about myself. you have a way of making everything all better.

Javy is starting to settle in, his throwing all his pitches with strikes and his breaking balls have excellent bite. Unlike the 1st inning.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:25 PM)
haha thanks Kalapse, i think i'll come to your from now on when i feel bad about myself. you have a way of making everything all better.

That's why I'm here.

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but in today's Tribune, Ozzie said that Erstad will be batting up in the order and playing somewhere in the field no matter what. When you add that to the fact that Ozzie said that Pods is his starting LF, no questions asked, you get the feeling that Anderson is going to be a platoon player at best this year.

Javy's still leaving his fastball up in the zone, it has excellent zip but he's not following through.

Then he goes ahead and paints the outside corner at the hips for the K. Great fastball right there.

It looks like he's throwing real hard right now, it'd be nice if they had a gun going.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but in today's Tribune, Ozzie said that Erstad will be batting up in the order and playing somewhere in the field no matter what. When you add that to the fact that Ozzie said that Pods is his starting LF, no questions asked, you get the feeling that Anderson is going to be a platoon player at best this year.

which is a mistake. i'd much rather see anderson get the playing time over pods frankly.

damnit Javy make the play or let the 2B make it

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)

I think Brian already has his plane ticket to Charlotte while Terrero is looking for at apartments in Chicago.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:28 PM)
which is a mistake. i'd much rather see anderson get the playing time over pods frankly.

damnit Javy make the play or let the 2B make it

Is that Jack Tripper in your sig?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
I think Brian already has his plane ticket to Charlotte while Terrero is looking for at apartments in Chicago.

That would be such a disaster. Terrero is a bad baseball player....at least Anderson can contribute defensively. If Anderson gets sent down to AAA, it further enhances the claim some of us have made that the Javy trade was the worst one in club history.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
That would be such a disaster. Terrero is a bad baseball player....at least Anderson can contribute defensively. If Anderson gets sent down to AAA, it further enhances the claim some of us have made that the Javy trade was the worst one in club history.

problem is at this point you have to do whats best for the club and you cant worry about whether that will "make previous trades look bad"

i'm not saying that Brian in AAA is the best option for the club but it seems to be Ozzie/Kenny's mindset

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)

I've said this many a time and I don't see how it can really be defended. KW put all his eggs in the Anderson basket, trading away one of the top young outfielders in all of baseball (30-30 potential) as well as another starting CF all to clear way for a player who can't even beat out Luis Terrero for a roster spot. What a complete disaster.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
I've said this many a time and I don't see how it can really be defended. KW put all his eggs in the Anderson basket, trading away one of the top young outfielders in all of baseball (30-30 potential) as well as another starting CF all to clear way for a player who can't even beat out Luis Terrero for a roster spot. What a complete disaster.

The disappointing this was that many people were aware of Anderson's holes while in the minors. His swing/approach at the plate is just brutal, and I can't see how he'll ever be a consistent hitter in the majors.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)

When did Terrerro get a roster spot? Is there a story on him or something. Do you still have the link?

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
The disappointing this was that many people were aware of Anderson's holes while in the minors. His swing/approach at the plate is just brutal, and I can't see how he'll ever be a consistent hitter in the majors.

And apparently his attitude is also playing a large part in their decision to send him back down (oh yeah I'm making it a foregone conclusion) how is it that he climbed his way through the minors over the past few years and they couldn't get a solid grasp of what type of guy he is? How do you trade away 2 other CFs without knowing exactly what you have in Anderson?