Juan Gone to be traded...

Winning Ugly

ESPN News reported that Juan Gone is going to be traded tonight, but did not state to what team. Many think it's the Expos that are getting him.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/baseball/

There are also reports that the Yanks are getting Urbina for Weaver.

They beat us to the White Flag, it seems.  :lol:

I would love to get Weaver for any two guys we have in our pen right now. Koch would be awesome to give.

Honestly...

Considering the horrible travel schedule the expos have... would u?

If he is a competitor, then yes. If he wants to remain with a dormant franchise who will finish in last place again this season, then no.

Honestly...

Considering the horrible travel schedule the expos have... would u?

If he is a competitor, then yes. If he wants to remain with a dormant franchise who will finish in last place again this season, then no.

I doubt he accepts the trade...

I'm betting Josh Karp is one of the Minor League pitchers inclued in the deal.  Any takers??

In return, the Expos would send two minor-league prospects to Texas, sources said: Right-handed pitcher Seung Song, 23, and infielder Josh McKinley.

The Rangers are believed to have agreed to pay most, if not all, of the remaining portion of Gonzalez's $12 million contract for 2003.

The deal makes sense for Montreal for two significant reasons. The acquisition of Gonzalez beefs up an offense lacking with outfielder Vladimir Guerrero on the disabled list with a herniated disk in his back. And, with Gonzalez in the final year of his contract, it allows the Expos to help themselves for the short term without committing them to a contract for next season.

That was from cbssportsline.com

Guest hotsoxchick1
I wonder what Montreal would want for that Biddle guy-I hear he's one helluva closer...............

K-Y

yeah as if we would ever get him back here........ok.....we will take him back only if he leaves his b**** wife in canada......... :D send them jimenez, botch, white, paulie and that should cover it...... :lol:

In return, the Expos would send two minor-league prospects to Texas, sources said: Right-handed pitcher Seung Song, 23, and infielder Josh McKinley.

The Rangers are believed to have agreed to pay most, if not all, of the remaining portion of Gonzalez's $12 million contract for 2003.

The deal makes sense for Montreal for two significant reasons. The acquisition of Gonzalez beefs up an offense lacking with outfielder Vladimir Guerrero on the disabled list with a herniated disk in his back. And, with Gonzalez in the final year of his contract, it allows the Expos to help themselves for the short term without committing them to a contract for next season.

That was from cbssportsline.com

That's my second totally off-base prognostication today! Funny thing, what I read earlier was that they wouldn't speak of any details til after tonight's game. Obviously somebody talked lol

I didn't buy it either, but it could be true. He is pretty tight with Minaya the Montreal GM. I don't know if the Expos play any more in Puerto Rico this year, but he is from there, so maybe its true.

Good pts. But Juan has always come across as a selfish player... one who wants things on his terms at all times... thats why i figured he wouldnt leave tejas... thats where hes comfortable.

I didn't buy it either, but it could be true. He is pretty tight with Minaya the Montreal GM. I don't know if the Expos play any more in Puerto Rico this year, but he is from there, so maybe its true.

The Expos do play in Puerto Rico again in September.

Texas personnel will try and talk him into changing his mind tomorrow.

Juan-Gone won't take the trade to Montreal. I think it will be for all the reasons already stated plus the fact his family lives in the Dallas area. He might accept a trade somewhere else though so stay tuned.

ESPN BBTN was crucifying baseball agents as ruining the game.

Juan has two MVP's, I believe. One should not count, however. I don't remember what year, but it was when ARod won the batting title in Seattle. He hit .355 or so. Great year, but he tailed off in the last two weeks. Anyway, the MVP was between ARod and Gonzo. I'll check the stats when I'm done here, but I thought Arod would win it hands down. Two writers in every town vote. One writer in Seattle voted for Griffey, and some other idiot meant to vote for Pudge Rodriguez. Instead, he voted for Gonzo because he got confused by the two Spanish surnames. Gonzo won narrowly. The writer admitted his gaffe. Believe it or not.