3/12/06 Sox Vs Padres

Kalapse

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 11:05 PM)
Perez still needs another two years in the minors. Aardsma is still intriguing because he has had past success in the bigs.

Terrero might make it as a backup, IMO.

Aardsma has had one good month. The only thing intriguing about him so far in his career is that he's first alphabetically.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday against the Cubs should be roughly the half-way mark for Spring Training. At which point, "it's only spring training" shouldn't be mentioned. For the veteran pitchers, in particular, they'll have three or so starts after the 16th. This is not including any time devoted to Floyd or Danks.

Garland needs to unhinge this mysterious knot, Vazquez needs to wakeup, and Buehrle needs to push any memory of post ASB out of the coaching staff's minds. Quickly. This year more than ever we can't afford to fall behind, only to hear the same people moaning "it's only spring training" switch their focus to "it's only April!" The American League central is too tough to fall behind early and expect a miraculous second half.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)
The American League central is too tough to fall behind early and expect a miraculous second half.

Yeah, I can't think of a single team in the AL Central who made or nearly made the playoffs based on a miraculous 2nd half within the last 2 years.

Anywho, you're right on 1 thing; you can't expect a miraculous 2nd half from the White Sox, because at least in recent memory, they've been a 1st half team.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
Yeah, I can't think of a single team in the AL Central who made or nearly made the playoffs based on a miraculous 2nd half within the last 2 years.

Completely different circumstance and you know it. I'll literally vomit if I have to hear comparisons to Cleveland or Houston if we're 7+ games out of the division and/or wildcard, midseason.