3/16/06 Sox Vs Cubs 3:05 CT

Kalapse

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
So did Mr No Groin have the tag waiting for it, or was it close.

Not so close at all really, but it was Blanco behind the plate. He owns us on the basepaths.

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
Pods looked SLOOOOOOW on that steal.

Pods looked slow all last season. I'm convinced guys like Mackowiak are faster than he is. There's a reason Pods is the first no tool starting outfielder in baseball.

I couldn't believe Podsednik didn't even enter the picture when Blanco's throw was in air. The initial jump, from what I could tell, wasn't bad -- he just didn't appear to run quickly. Which isn't very encouraging. Hopefully these CS's don't pile up.

And what the hell is Williams talking about avoiding "middle of the road" pitchers and concentrating on those of high ceilings? What the hell have the last two first round draft picks been, again?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:27 PM)
Not so close at all really, but it was Blanco behind the plate. He owns us on the basepaths.

the throw was really high and off to the left. fortunately for the Cubs, pods was still about 2 seconds from the base when the ball got there.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
I couldn't believe Podsednik didn't even enter the picture when Blanco's throw was in air. The initial jump, from what I could tell, wasn't bad -- he just didn't appear to run quickly. Which isn't very encouraging. Hopefully these CS's don't pile up.

And what the hell is Williams talking about obtaining "middle of the road" pitchers and concentrating on those of high ceilings? What the hell have the last two first round draft picks been, again?

It was a terrible jump.