3/16/06 Sox Vs Cubs 3:05 CT

Kalapse

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
he needs his fastball back in the high 90's

he needs to start throwing more and in the offseason work on flexibility. I thought I heard him talkin about lifting weights again. What f***ing pitcher lifts weights. Run yes, throw yes, pump iron no.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
Bobby has been awful this spring so far. I know last time out he might have been working on something, but it would be nice to see SOMETHING encouraging.

In the next two weeks he needs to start working on flamethrowing again. He doesnt have the control to work 93-94. When you throw 97-99 with a hook its hard to stay back on it.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 06:11 PM)
I like to be optimistic about going into the season, and I have watched enough spring games to have good feelings about alot of guys. But Jenks has shown NOTHING to make me think he will be a solid pitcher this season. I think he should be, just based on his last season and a 1/3, but I guess it's nice having something to look at in ST and be encouraged.

Real nice bunt by Josh.

I remember bham talking about how in the minors Jenks would start out at 95-96 and then by say June he was hitting triple didgets. However with the weightlifting crap you can seriously change the way your body flexes and if you cant throw free and easy you have a hard time getting velocity. If Bobby is in the upper 90s he will be fine, if he is mid and below he wont be the closer long. He doesnt have the control to pitch effectively in the mid 90s and below.

Anyone else catch the replay of the 2005 post-season highlight video (with "We Are One Tonight" by Switchfoot) after Hawk and DJ's post-game show? Sure was nice seeing that again, and a perfect way to cap off another victory over the sCrUBS! :gosox3:

QUOTE(zimne piwo @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
Anyone else catch the replay of the 2005 post-season highlight video (with "We Are One Tonight" by Switchfoot) after Hawk and DJ's post-game show? Sure was nice seeing that again, and a perfect way to cap off another victory over the sCrUBS! :gosox3:

i saw it and it is always sweet to watch video clips of 'the glory days'. Well i hope those weren't the last of the glory days?!? This group has at least one more playoff run in them... don't they? Anyways its always good to beat the Cubs in any fashion. Hope you all have a Happy and SAFE St. Patty's day! Especially you Southside Irish!!!! :gosox1:

QUOTE(zimne piwo @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)

Dude! My apologies: I started a thread on that montage alone. Yeah that was AWESOME. I bought the song on iTunes while I was watching it.

BTW did anybody else notice our "smallball" win today? Shades of 2005... loved it. That's what I like to see: bunting, moving runners, one-run wins, bloop singles. This is the kind of ball I love to watch the Sox play.