Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 3, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
I don't know, do you still hate your iPod?

What is it that didn't do it for you? I think they do an amazing job, pretty much. Granted, I hate the Pantera stuff, and skip the Queensryche, but they do nail those pretty much dead on.

They were fine, they nailed the music and the singer is good enough, but when I was listening it made me want to listen to the original artists. I'd go see them play for sure (well, if I went to shows anymore...), but I just didn't want to keep the songs.

I have an "arrangement" with my iPod - "you keep playing those Adam Carolla Show clips for me and I won't hide you in a dresser drawer and go back to my Walkman".

:D

Seriously, though, I've barely played any music since I started listening to Carolla. Zencast has about 8 to 10 clips from his show every day online. It's great!

I bought concert tickets online for a show at the Beatkitchen.Iam confused about them,on the delivery it says it is "will call" delivery option but they are general admission tickets.So it doesnt mean I bought the tickets for "will call" did I?

QUOTE(shipps @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)
I bought concert tickets online for a show at the Beatkitchen.Iam confused about them,on the delivery it says it is "will call" delivery option but they are general admission tickets.So it doesnt mean I bought the tickets for "will call" did I?

Sounds like it.

I'd call the Beat Kitchen to ask about it.

The Beat Kitchen is a fairly small place, I don't know if they have assigned seating or not.

QUOTE(shipps @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 06:23 PM)

I'm not sure I follow the question, but I'm pretty sure it just means that you will have tix waiting for you at the w'ill call' window on the night of the show.

Sorry if this has been brought up before but since I can't search I wasn't sure

I've been getting into Neutral Milk Hotel lately

the guys voice took a little getting used to, but his songs are great with abstract arrangements and interesting lyrics, along with good emotion

its a shame he doesn't make records anymore

yeah, i picked up in the aeroplane over the sea not too long ago after hearing so much about it and i love it. thinking about getting on avery island sometime soon.

got cassadaga from bright eyes and the new modest mouse also. the new modest mouse is nothing too special, first couple songs are alright but the rest was just kind of blah. i'm digging the new bright eyes though. more of a folk/country feel to it than in the past and i like it.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 01:03 AM)
yeah, i picked up in the aeroplane over the sea not too long ago after hearing so much about it and i love it. thinking about getting on avery island sometime soon.

On avery island is a lot different than in the aeroplane over the sea, so be prepared for it if you buy it

I hated Aeroplane when it first came out. I loved Holland 1939, but I didn't get the album until a few years later. It's now one of my favorite albums of the last 15 years.

By the way - how did it take me so long to realize how amazing that Amy Winehouse CD is? And she's a hot mess too! I have my own Lohan to obsess over now! Hallelujah!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 12, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
Anyone excited about the Lollapalooza lineup?

very excited about daft punk...i just need to find out what day they are performing and f-all to the rest. i hate huge festivals. P-fork and intonation have been perfect for me.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 02:27 AM)
TV on the radio looks good, but i don't think I'm going

tv on the radio is best in a small club at night. Daft punk is good in any weather, baby.