Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 02:02 AM)
Well, well, well. What happened to all the ridicule and people saying Britney was washed up? Remember when she put on the weight and the pictures of her va-jay-jay hit the press?

I KNEW she'd make it back. Good for her, I've never understood all the Britney hate.

Well there was the refusing to mother her young children thing.And there was the leaving the rehab centers waaaaaaaaaay before the 12th step thing.Oh and the shaving of the head thing aaaaaand the flabby drunken high on something performance at the VMA'S.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:55 AM)
Well there was the refusing to mother her young children thing.And there was the leaving the rehab centers waaaaaaaaaay before the 12th step thing.Oh and the shaving of the head thing aaaaaand the flabby drunken high on something performance at the VMA'S.

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE !!!!! :crying :crying :crying

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 07:55 AM)

But she is almost nekkid in her new video and looks good again, so all is forgiven.

From what I have read in the past week, She is a lot better mentally. Regrets the past couple of years.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 14, 2008 -> 06:55 AM)

and here I thought there weren't any good reasons to hate her.

QUOTE (Spiff @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
In my quest to make the latest post on all forums

Two pretty good albums come out tuesday

Senses Fail - Life Is Not a Waiting Room

Rise Against - Appeal to Reason

I can assure you they are both great

Where the f*** has murci been

Just listened to both this past week and I would agree that they are great :headbang

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
I like music now. So much diversity.

I find myself listening to FM music stations now more than I have in years. Even poppy songs have been getting stuck in my head. Music I would never admit to listening to.

I like music now. So much diversity.

Pretty much.

Throughout every era music has always been pretty samey except for some very notable exceptions. Even now you only get 3 or 4 indie-rock records that sound different than everything else, but the internet has kind of provided a medium for people with ideas to get them out there to an audience that isn't composed completely of thier 375 international relations class or dorm floor.

There's some unique stuff out there now, and I guess there's a bit of a thrill in finding it yourself that makes it all the better.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

• 2 weeks later...

Rise Against - Audience of One

Finally a Rise Against song I really like. Mainly because it doesnt follow the same "Quiet Quiet YELL YELL!! Slow Slow Fast Fast" formula ALL their songs usually follow....

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
Come on, you didn't like anything off of Bleach or Incesticide?

I like Bleach and that is it. I've hated Nevermind ever since it came out. Never really bothered with the other one as I didn't like the tunes I heard from it.

Nevermind was the old man - out of touch music fan "go-to" album when it came out, and for years after. When somebody would try and impress people by saying how cool they were and in touch with the music scene they were, they would always break out their copy. But the second you put on Bleach those same people would cover their ears and run.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 15, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
Not a fan of the Foo Fighters? Bush? Pearl Jam? ANYTHING grunge/post-grunge?

There is a great band hiding somewhere in Foo Fighters, but then Grohl goes and gets all "radio friendly" or whatever and screws up what could be a good thing. He sure can write a pretty solid ROCK song, but he only does one an album pretty much.

Pearl Jam's 10 was a really good album, but that was more of a Mother Love Bone album than a Pearl Jam, and they have proven that by MLB's Apple being the only thing Gossard and Ament have done in their catalogue that actually resembles 10.

Post-grunge bands? Does that mean "bands that are more or less Grunge but since that is no longer a cool term we call them something else", or do you just mean any new bands? I like LOTS of new bands, but the majority of the bands I like have nothing to do with Cobain in any way shape or form.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 01:11 PM)
Kid I cant imagine you like'n any new bands that are out.

I presume you have never followed the links at the bottom of my signature? The only thing I cover in my fanzine, podcast, and website are pretty much new bands. If you see me mentioning favorite bands such as Faces, The Damned, The Replacements, those bands are favorites due to standing the test of time. There is no way I would name The Valentine Failures (a new band) as my favorite due to their not being around long enough yet. They are a favorite of right now for sure, along with Urgencies, but not "of all time".

Do I like the stuff on the radio? Hell no, but I haven't liked that stuff since I was in 6th grade. I prefer the underground. But 90% of what I listen to are new bands. The old stuff bores me to tears. I am always looking for new bands.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 02:20 PM)
I presume you have never followed the links at the bottom of my signature? The only thing I cover in my fanzine, podcast, and website are pretty much new bands. If you see me mentioning favorite bands such as Faces, The Damned, The Replacements, those bands are favorites due to standing the test of time. There is no way I would name The Valentine Failures (a new band) as my favorite due to their not being around long enough yet. They are a favorite of right now for sure, along with Urgencies, but not "of all time".

Do I like the stuff on the radio? Hell no, but I haven't liked that stuff since I was in 6th grade. I prefer the underground. But 90% of what I listen to are new bands. The old stuff bores me to tears. I am always looking for new bands.

No never feel comfortable clicking on links in sigs.But I did think about clicking on yours once or twice.

Promise I will get around to it cause I love ya kid.