Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 19, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
Them Crooked Vultures were phenomenal last night.

Had no clue they were in town and would of loved to have gone. Any chance they are playing Summerfest or any other time around here soon?

I doubt it. They are about to go to Europe, and they mentioned several times that this would be their last North American show. That fits, considering the Foo Fighters are supposedly recording a new album later this year.

Got a call from my friend yesterday

"Hey man, wanna go to this music festival in Tinley Park, it's $25"

"Eh, I'm trying to save my money and they'll rape me with the cost of beer, what's playing"

"Don't worry bout the ticket, It's gonna just be some live music, the sun, some folk stuff"

"Alright"

Mother f***er tricked me into going to Country Thunder. While there was an extraordinary # of good looking women dressed in daisy dukes and letting their boobs hang out (who also all raised their hands when asked if there were any believers in the audience) The dudes were all absolutely hideous. Quite a conundrum. Also, I was doing fairly well when the sun was out, and we had some alcohol and I could just relax, but when the sun went down and I was forced to listen to the final act exclusively, Montgomery Gentry. And I can say, I understand most every other music and why it can appeal to people even if I don't like it...except for country. I really have no f***ing clue the difference between each individual song, why everyone sings in the same voice, and how the f*** it can be enjoyable to just talk about honky tonking and your truck. It was f***ing painful. Especially losing a saturday night to that.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 23, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)

"Eh, I'm trying to save my money and they'll rape me with the cost of beer, what's playing"

"Don't worry bout the ticket, It's gonna just be some live music, the sun, some folk stuff"

"Alright"

Mother f***er tricked me into going to Country Thunder. While there was an extraordinary # of good looking women dressed in daisy dukes and letting their boobs hang out (who also all raised their hands when asked if there were any believers in the audience) The dudes were all absolutely hideous. Quite a conundrum. Also, I was doing fairly well when the sun was out, and we had some alcohol and I could just relax, but when the sun went down and I was forced to listen to the final act exclusively, Montgomery Gentry. And I can say, I understand most every other music and why it can appeal to people even if I don't like it...except for country. I really have no f***ing clue the difference between each individual song, why everyone sings in the same voice, and how the f*** it can be enjoyable to just talk about honky tonking and your truck. It was f***ing painful. Especially losing a saturday night to that.

Sounds like you got treated yesterday.

Treated in the bad sense, not the good.

Yeah I never understood how someone could enjoy that genre of music myself and its pretty much the only type of music I cant stand.

Except for them Rascal Flats...thats some smooth s***. :unsure:

I have had Snoop "Gin and Juice" stuck in my head for 2 days straight for no apparent reason. Never heard it on the radio, on TV, or on my Ipod, I just thought of it and cannot get it out of my head.

Not that it is a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...

"Alright"

Amen. The only decent country is old country, Cash, Nelson, Williams Sr.... etc.

'New'counrty is very much like hip hop... in it's pointless bragging.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Amen. The only decent country is old country, Cash, Nelson, Williams Sr.... etc.

'New'counrty is very much like hip hop... in it's pointless bragging.

Yep, and you are spot on.

It annoys me when people think they know country when they don't know s*** accept for the garbage that plays on 99.5. Its just so annoying. The country music played by the likes of Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Hank Williams, Conway Twitty, etc., etc., etc... it just blows new country out of the water.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)

It annoys me when people think they know country when they don't know s*** accept for the garbage that plays on 99.5. Its just so annoying. The country music played by the likes of Montgomery Gentry, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Hank Williams, Conway Twitty, anything played at Country Thunder etc., etc., etc... it just blows new country out of the water.

:usa

"Alright"

I got free Skybox tickets to Jamboree and I felt the same way about it that you did about Country Thunder. I like a wide variety of music, including alternative, hard rock, metal, etc. which is what Jamboree is supposed to be. I only got to hear Hollywood Undead, Seether, Papa Roach, and Three Days Grace. Not impressed to say the least... I was actually looking forward to Papa Roach too, but their live sound was just awful

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
Dave Grohl apparently really likes doing that.

I had it open in a minimized window. TCV are so good IMO.

I saw the one he did with Foo but it was live in the studio. This was a legit concert, I think in Germany.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)

It annoys me when people think they know country when they don't know s*** accept for the garbage that plays on 99.5. Its just so annoying. The country music played by the likes of Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Hank Williams, Conway Twitty, etc., etc., etc... it just blows new country out of the water.

Waylon Jennings needs to mentioned by name, and not relegated to mere a "etc."