Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)

Some of the 8-bit classic rock covers out there are unbelievable. The 8-bit medley of Jethro Tull's Aqualung and Zappa's Peaches & Regalia is truly amazing.

I'm not sure if I wasn't quite genius enough or quite dork enough to have come up with these. :unsure:

ETA: Listening through the whole 8-bit DSOTM album, I have to give major props to the fact that the coin sounds in the Money intro are totally lifted from the N64 Mario coin collection sound. :headbang

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
Some of the 8-bit classic rock covers out there are unbelievable. The 8-bit medley of Jethro Tull's Aqualung and Zappa's Peaches & Regalia is truly amazing.

I'm not sure if I wasn't quite genius enough or quite dork enough to have come up with these. :unsure:

:wub:

I'd never heard that before.. very awesome.

So I've been using Pandora at work, and the Bright Eyes station I set up keeps kicking out The Decemberists, and I'm quite enjoying the songs that have come up.

For any fans (I thought I'd seen this band mentioned before in this thread) Where should I start? Best Albums? Worst?

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
So I've been using Pandora at work, and the Bright Eyes station I set up keeps kicking out The Decemberists, and I'm quite enjoying the songs that have come up.

For any fans (I thought I'd seen this band mentioned before in this thread) Where should I start? Best Albums? Worst?

Hazards of Love was album of the year for a lot of critics.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
Lollapalooza lineup isn't all that impressive. For what they're charging I'd expect something better than Green Day and Lady Gaga as headliners.

Two words: Arcade Fire. Very excited about them being there.

Top 2 headliners aren't all that impressive (Soundgarden, Green Day), Gaga is at least intriguing. Arcade Fire and The Strokes are real nice though. I love Phoenix as well, but I've seen them already so barring how they match up, I could skip them.

I do agree with the sentiment that the last few years have been better. 2008 was amazing in my opinion - Radiohead, RATM, Kanye, NIN, Wilco for headliners with The Raconteurs in the 6th slot. 2009 had a great middle tier. This one is kind of all over the place, but it's generally a down year for festivals. Still think it'll be worth it though - it's a great weekend.

QUOTE (Fotop @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)
Two words: Arcade Fire. Very excited about them being there.

Top 2 headliners aren't all that impressive (Soundgarden, Green Day), Gaga is at least intriguing. Arcade Fire and The Strokes are real nice though. I love Phoenix as well, but I've seen them already so barring how they match up, I could skip them.

I do agree with the sentiment that the last few years have been better. 2008 was amazing in my opinion - Radiohead, RATM, Kanye, NIN, Wilco for headliners with The Raconteurs in the 6th slot. 2009 had a great middle tier. This one is kind of all over the place, but it's generally a down year for festivals. Still think it'll be worth it though - it's a great weekend.

they really gave up on rap this year, which is odd.

Social Distortion, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, Devo, Gogol Bordello, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Erykah Badu... not all bad. The top 3 headliners are all very skippable though.

I'll go on the Arcade Fire night for sure and pray Social D and Devo get on the same day.