Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Cage the Elephant tonight.. pretty fun concert. They played a lot of new material which should be coming out later this year, so hopefully their new album will be as enjoyable as their first.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)

Kid Cudi's newest single with Kanye, off of Man on the Moon II. This is frickin outstanding.

I wouldn't say it's outstanding.

It's got smash hit written all over it, but Cudi's done way better.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 11:23 AM)
I wouldn't say it's outstanding.

It's got smash hit written all over it, but Cudi's done way better.

You're right, but I still think it's very good.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
The National's "High Violet" is fantastic.

It really is, they put me somewhere different when i listen to there music. Thats good s***.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
OkGo is selling their newest album for $1 online starting at midnight tonight, eastern time. keyword - SKYISFALLING 24hrs only!

http://bit.ly/OKGoCD

I wasn't happy with the style change this album, but they write good pop rock songs.

I'm actually digging this album. The Prince "Around The World In A Day" inspiration is clearly evident here, and the videos are kick-ass as always.

You want a real CRAPFEST, check out the new KEANE cd, NIGHT TRAIN. Eight (well, actually seven) songs, three halfway decent, three are utterly unlistenable (including two featuring "rapper" K-Naan... sample rap: "baby you are just beautiful, from crown to your cuticles"!!! Another song has a horn riff that was clearly ripped off from ROCKY, the third is a cheesy "it's a small world after all" type number with some Japanese guest artist). If you enjoyed HOPES AND FEARS or UNDER THE IRON SEA you'll shake your head in disbelief (hell this is even a Major step down from PERFECT SYMMETRY, and that's saying something!)... Mother of God this is pathetic!

Edited by zimne piwo

I don't venture into this thread that often, so this may have already been discussed, but as someone that doesn't care for rap that much...Em just kills it on Recovery. I was wondering who sang the hook on Almost Famous and found out it's this chick, Liz Rodrigues. Another reason to like it.

n19768878756_705347_684.jpg

Smashing Pumpkins are playing Metro next Tuesday, and Metro is raffling off most of the main floor tickets on their website. metrochicago.com.

There are also $100 Balcony VIP tickets available, as well as $500 Soundcheck + ticket packages.

Raffle entries are 10 bucks, and all the money goes to charity.

I don't think I'll enter the raffle, but it's a nice thing to do for charity.

Man, a broken-down old punk like me could have a lot of nostalgic fun in the first two weeks of October - here are some oldies playing Chicago then:

Bhopal Stiffs - Subterranean - October 7th

Bad Religion, Circle Jerks, The Lawrence Arms - Congress Theatre - October 8th

Cro-Mags - Double Door - October 9th

Negative Approach, Zero Boys, The Meatmen - Double Door - October 10th

Helmet - Double Door - October 12th

How many grey-haired punks with beer guts and faded leather jackets do you think you'll see over those 5 days?

:headbang